4x maps on console

Beanbrother

4x maps on console

Post by Beanbrother »

This question is for the people who are smarter than I am. With the next GEN console coming next year what is needed to run a 4x map?
PrincessJessi84

Re: 4x maps on console

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

no one really knows.. so far as I know there has only been one attempt to get a 4x on consoles.. it was RSV by SOMS2 in fs17.. there were errors that were never resolved.. maybe someone has tried in fs19 in which case I don't know
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Beanbrother wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:59 pm This question is for the people who are smarter than I am. With the next GEN console coming next year what is needed to run a 4x map?
A good CPU and GPU.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I guessed this would have been the first answer I would have got. Thanks TIPS
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm no genius at all about computers and such..but I have reading alot on the ps5 as I'm looking to upgrade when it comes out. I have read from alot of tech sites that the hardware that has been announced for ps5 it supposedly really good. My hopes are that fs21 can and will utilize this newer technology. I read companies are getting the specs for ps5 and Xbox Scarlett to build the new games, hope giants does also
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:12 pm I'm no genius at all about computers and such..but I have reading alot on the ps5 as I'm looking to upgrade when it comes out. I have read from alot of tech sites that the hardware that has been announced for ps5 it supposedly really good. My hopes are that fs21 can and will utilize this newer technology. I read companies are getting the specs for ps5 and Xbox Scarlett to build the new games, hope giants does also
It would be nice if GIANTS utilise these new consoles, because that means the PC side of things will improve too. Hopefully they can also utilise the game engine more than they have done for the PC, PS5 and Xbox *thumbsup*

It’s gonna be good, but the hardware is gonna be capped to ensure a smooth gaming experience, just like previous console iterations

I reckon it’ll run as good as a 2~3 year old gaming computer, but with a decent SSD.
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:44 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:12 pm I'm no genius at all about computers and such..but I have reading alot on the ps5 as I'm looking to upgrade when it comes out. I have read from alot of tech sites that the hardware that has been announced for ps5 it supposedly really good. My hopes are that fs21 can and will utilize this newer technology. I read companies are getting the specs for ps5 and Xbox Scarlett to build the new games, hope giants does also
Theres a lot of variables that are going to go into that decision. PS5 isnt slated until Christmas 2020 if I'm not mistaken. Thats later than the usual FS release so that could be a factor. Also I dont see Giants not offering 21 for PS4 or Xbox1, so would that mean different versions for the new gen and the old guard? Maybe a big upgrade a year in with the Platinum dlc or equivalent to take advantage of the new systems?
Agreed

Not everyone will be buying the new consoles off the bat...especially for the rumoured price of $600+
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Honestly don’t buy the new consoles, buy a decent pc for a little more, consoles will never shake the limitations.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

redglasses wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:29 pm Honestly don’t buy the new consoles, buy a decent pc for a little more, consoles will never shake the limitations.
Are you getting a PC?
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:44 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:12 pm
Also I dont see Giants not offering 21 for PS4 or Xbox1, so would that mean different versions for the new gen and the old guard? Maybe a big upgrade a year in with the Platinum dlc or equivalent to take advantage of the new systems?
there kinda going to have to have it for xbox 1 and ps4 as not everyone will rush out and buy the new console some wait till it goes down in price which can take a year if not longer. so if giants makes it to run on the xbox 1 = more sales, more money for them.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

BreadedVirus wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:36 am
redglasses wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:29 pm Honestly don’t buy the new consoles, buy a decent pc for a little more, consoles will never shake the limitations.
Are you getting a PC?
Well I’ll tell you I’m for sure not buying the next console.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I'll get the new Xbox but I will not buy another PlayStation becouse I have had nothing but problems out of them to me Xbox runs a whole lot smoother
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm not going to argue and say that buying a PC is smarter because it is. I've always had PlayStation's and I enjoy them in the games. I just don't play nearly enough to get a PC. So I will continue to hope and that the new consoles get utilized in FS21... Also the rumored price is 500 to 550
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:54 am So I will continue to hope and that the new consoles get utilized in FS21
They won't. FS21 is likely already in development for release a year from now. The next gen consoles won't be out by then. If Giants sticks to their current game-plan, FS21 will be an updated version of FS19 with a new brand, new crops, and will be broken for the first 6 months or so. If they did go for a larger map, the consoles would still have the same memory (slot) limitations they currently do. Thus, you would be limited to even less equipment and placeables than we already are. Add to the fact that the models get more and more detailed in each new version, you'll be about to have one tractor and a 3m cultivator before hitting the slot limit. :lol:

I will not be buying another gaming console. As I only play simulators now, there is no reason to.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Wrong, majority of console gamers dont even know what the next gen consoles can do, even major retailers, from far cry to gta, no one knows