Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Lucass

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Lucass »

reallogger wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am
pilfit wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm I am having a problem with fertilizer contracts and I am unsure if its a Seasons bug, a mod conflict or a problem with the map. Every time I except a fert contract the field's growth stage drops, sometimes down to the first stage, it also resets to having no fertilization. The map is County Line Seasons.
That was a new twist. Reproduced it and logged it.
I also encountered this problem - at Lone Oak and Marwell Manor. I don't know what can cause it - the map itself, Seasons or something else...
Unfortunately I have no logs, but I will throw it to the right place in the forum if it happens again.
Maybe someone knows something more about this problem and knows the solution?
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

whether it is possible for each local season to indicate what can be grown there. Such plants as cotton or sugarcane and sometimes soyabean too would be crossed out if they cannot be grown. (Example America seasons, cotton and sugar cane, do strikethrough text.)
it takes a lot of power if we must go "do make and do error -way" and eventually you get bored with it.
Playing at PC via Origin
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

One thing I'd love to see in GEO mods is setting the units for distance, volume and currency.

Obviously it's not important, but when playing on a USA map it's good to see dollars, and Euro on European maps, Fahrenheit and Celsius ... all those things :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Lygge wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:11 am whether it is possible for each local season to indicate what can be grown there. Such plants as cotton or sugarcane and sometimes soyabean too would be crossed out if they cannot be grown. (Example America seasons, cotton and sugar cane, do strikethrough text.)
it takes a lot of power if we must go "do make and do error -way" and eventually you get bored with it.
Yes, it's possible. Press Alt + S, and you'll find all kinds of information for Seasons. One of the pages will show which crop can be planted and harvested at what season and soil temperature, and should be a critical site to use for everyone who uses Seasons. If a crop can't be planted at all, it won't have a plantable season show up.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am One thing I'd love to see in GEO mods is setting the units for distance, volume and currency.

Obviously it's not important, but when playing on a USA map it's good to see dollars, and Euro on European maps, Fahrenheit and Celsius ... all those things :)
You can change the currency and distance in the general game settings.
For the temperature you can change that already in the seasons menu.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

There is not a volume setting (liters/bushels)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@TobiHH and @Drmattymd

Yes it does, but only globally ... so that if you have a US map and a European map they will both have the same settings, unless you go and change them. What I'm asking for is the setting to go with the map, via the GEO.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Farmercaseih wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:40 pm There is not a volume setting (liters/bushels)
That's so, there isn't ... I just keep thinking there ought to be!

Mind you, I'd like to be able to regionalise names as well ... "canola" becomes OSR, "corn" maize and so on. :)

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm @TobiHH and @Drmattymd

Yes it does, but only globally ... so that if you have a US map and a European map they will both have the same settings, unless you go and change them. What I'm asking for is the setting to go with the map, via the GEO.
Don`t understand the problem. You can`t play two maps simultaneosly. So when you switch from a european to a US map, you switch the settings. Really no issue here.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TobiHH wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Don`t understand the problem. You can`t play two maps simultaneosly. So when you switch from a european to a US map, you switch the settings. Really no issue here.
It's not a huge problem but it is untidy and it's unnecessary ... the GEO already carries a lot of geographical location information, sun angle and so could carry the other regional info. Ideally the localisation would be built into the map at game level, not needing Seasons GEO to sort it out. And while one can't play more than one map simultaneously, one can swap between save games and I do so.

girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

TobiHH wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Plus I don't want imperial measurements imposed on me
PC & Xbox One
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Currently the issue with using Bushels is that its not used for _all_ volume measurements. For example, you don't say 'I just put 100 bushels diesel in my tractor'. For that you use Gallons. Currently there is just 1 volume measurement we use everywhere and that is liters.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 pm Currently the issue with using Bushels is that its not used for _all_ volume measurements. For example, you don't say 'I just put 100 bushels diesel in my tractor'. For that you use Gallons. Currently there is just 1 volume measurement we use everywhere and that is liters.
I hadn't thought of that ... but obvious when you see it!

Lygge

Post by Lygge »

TobiHH wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:09 pm
blue_painted wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am One thing I'd love to see in GEO mods is setting the units for distance, volume and currency.

You can change the currency and distance in the general game settings.
For the temperature you can change that already in the seasons menu.
Oh thank for you allert. I try it *thumbsup*
Playing at PC via Origin
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

It would be nice if they could put something like the unit convert mod into the next version of the game