Platinum is here what do you think

Rosscooper

Platinum is here what do you think

Post by Rosscooper »

:this: Finally the waiting is over. So how do you feel about the latest expansion from Giants. I don't want to sound like a hater, but I find it difficult to call this an expansion. Really it is more a vehicle and equipment pack albeit an extremely large one. In no way does this expand on the original gameplay. Yes I know that we were informed that Giants was concentrating on adding the Claas vehicles to the game, which is great to have another manufacturer in FS19. Yet I am left wondering how does this really expand on my farming experience. The reality is that it doesn't. Congratulations to Giants for licensing another manufacturer, but as an expansion you should have done better. Sorry but that's how I feel, what about you. :confusednew:
Illinois Farmer

Re: Platinum is here what do you think

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think it has pretty awesome features, my only complaint is, I wish the cargo trailers held everything, but besides that I am enjoying it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Fair enough, your opinion.

Me, personally, I’ve been hoping for Claas for a long time and they sure didn’t disappoint me.
Seeing what they did with John Deere, I was expecting 3 or 4 tractors and maybe a harvester. I couldn’t believe it when they said it was going to be over 35 pieces of kit!
They pretty much added Claas’ whole product range!

Some say this is not an expansion because this and that.
I say it is an expansion. It’s an expansion of brand names. It’s an expansion of the tractor, harvester fleet. And then some.
It’s an expansion of choice.

Some say it’s more of what we already have.
True. But it looks different. It behaves different and it even sounds different.

It’s more of what we already have. But isn’t that the same with each and every other game out there?

Racing games with load of cars to chose from?
Shooting games with loads of different guns to chose from?
Or a football game... why not just add one team, right? Adding all the teams of the league is just more of the same. Just re-skins 😉

It’s about having the choice to choose. Feel like a little kid and drive in your favorite brand. Role-play... for YouTubers or just for you, in your head.

Sure, you might not have a connection with Claas as a brand. I don’t feel anything for Stara or Valtra. But if they’d release a Valtra DLC... I wouldn’t play them, probably. But I wouldn’t *female dog* about it either.

Giants know that Claas has a huge “fan” base. So it’s been a great decision to do what they did.

And I agree, there’s not enough American stuff in the game. Cause I like using American stuff on American maps. But who knows what Giants is planning for coming DLC’s or FS21.

Giants have done a great job with the detail of the Claas equipment.
I love it that they made a locking mechanism for the harvester headers and trailers.
Maybe we’ll see more of that with pallets and bales and logs?

So yeah. For me, this is their best expansion/DLC ever.

For maps I go to modders. Who do a WAY better job anyway
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:54 amI wish the cargo trailers held everything
Yeah, I wish they did as well
Last edited by iwan073 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

These animations are just amazing. The tractors all drive really smooth. They just feel better than the base game models.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I'm not a Claas fan IRL, I do think they have some cool looking stuff and clever tech though.
However I'm more than happy with this expansion. A lot of new gear to play with, plan on building a Claasy farm somewhere in FSland
Which leads me to a question,
What areas of the world do you see a lot of Claas? I'm guessing they are mainly Europe?
I don't see many in Australia
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Tylercheesey1986

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:54 am I think it has pretty awesome features, my only complaint is, I wish the cargo trailers held everything, but besides that I am enjoying it.
Can get the BSM trailer painted in Claas, stick that behind 5nine's Warrior ++ in Claas, got yourself a Classy rig now!
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Idk, i don't have it yet.
Illinois Farmer

I think Europe. They have some forage harvester here, and the black and yellow lexion combines. Soon they will have the green and white colors though and get more tractors here. Just like fendt is too. I'm not a claas in real life either. I'm John Deere.

That's a good idea. Got to work up to that, spent all the money, and in the hole too deep at the moment.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:47 am Which leads me to a question,
What areas of the world do you see a lot of Claas? I'm guessing they are mainly Europe?
They’re German, so I guess you’ll see them over there a lot. Here in Holland you see them, but not very often.

During the farmer protests here in Holland I noticed that Fendt, New Holland and John Deere are the main brands.

And then you’ll see some Massey Ferguson, Claas, Case and Deutz Fahr. Sometimes even a lost Steyr or Valtra
Ignorance is bliss
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yep German company, I've only see forage harvesters, not tractors or equipment, I've seen 1 Fendt tractor, there frigging huge!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Anyone experienced any bugs with it yet?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

No bugs at all, runs smoothly on PC and it worth's the 18 Euro I payed for it :)

Now, I would like to copy/paste something I wrote in another topic :

-----
Definitely Claas WORTH its money !!! Is a pure class this Claas :)

Everything works perfect; XERION with 530HP can pull the 500HP SWIFTER SM 18000 without any problem ( you can convert it into a plow too, is easy).

With the bale variable mod you can bale up to 20,000 L square bales with Quadrant 5300 and round bales with ROLLANT 455 RC UNIWRAP.

The bonuses came into mods, and yes, the bonuses are for everyone who pre order it or will buy it in the future. If you feel that you want a harvester with better speed and better capacity, just edit the Dominator 108 mod.
----
Tylercheesey1986

Haven't found any bugs yet myself, had a test drive of all the tractors, on road and in field. Am working my way through the harvesters ATM.
Xerion is a beast,
all/front/rear wheel steer
lots of tyre options, dual narrows even.
New fave big tractor
50-120 head.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I love the DLC.

Maybe a bug: The mirror in the back of the little tractor don"t work at me.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:11 am Haven't found any bugs yet myself, had a test drive of all the tractors, on road and in field. Am working my way through the harvesters ATM.
Xerion is a beast,
all/front/rear wheel steer
lots of tyre options, dual narrows even.
New fave big tractor
I used to drive a Xerion 3800 saddletrac & yes in real life it's a beast of a machine , get into deep workings & she'd just keep going straight ahead, a bit like the old County's , whereas the big 939 FENDT would skew & twist trying to forge ahead 😎
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !