Platinum is here what do you think

Angryfarmer

Re: Platinum is here what do you think

Post by Angryfarmer »

Was really hoping the xerion could be configured between a xerion trac, trac vc, or saddletrac ....really wanted a saddletrac
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm into a field of wheat on (updated) Greenwich Valley on my brand New Dom 108 -- couldn't be happier!

BUT on PC the bonus items are installed in the default location(*) and so if you have moved your mods folder (as I have) they don't show up until you go looking. I think this has happened before with bonus content?

The Dominator sounds just right, it looks good too. I haven't tried much else yet because I did buy this DLC for just that one combine!

* C:\Users\<userName>\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods
Last edited by blue_painted on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Giants set new quaility standard with this pack for sure. Models are lovely and attention to detail is insane. Very very well done! Way better from base game models in FS19.
My fav machines are Tucano, little Arion, little Torion and telehandler Scropion. Congrats to Giants also for implementing new tracks, which are now way more realistic, form ones in the base game.
My oppinion is that the pack offers quite a lot and its worth it if you wish for new tractors and unique machines like big bois Torion & Xerion.
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Amazing! they done a great job, kudos to Giants!!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

@Int.vamp, I Noticed that the back mirrors are blacked out on all the Claas' that have them
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:20 am

The Dominator sounds just right, it looks good too. I haven't tried much else yet because I did buy this DLC for just that one combine!

Hey mate, you mean you bought the whole DLC just for the combine which came as a mod? (Dominator 108 SL Maxi)
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Can the forage harvester pull a trailer yet? And what are the slot counts on the bigger pieces?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Slot counts are listed in the announcement thread. viewtopic.php?f=876&t=150199
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I love the Platinum Expansion. Thank you to all the staff at Giants for creating this amazing expansion. A couple of things I feel could have been in the pack. Since we got mowers, balers and loads of silage equipment I feel a windrower and tedder would have been a great addition to the pack. This is a wish not a request, but maybe some modders could fill this gap. Yes I know its down to modders to make mods if they want to and what they want to create. Just putting my thoughts out there. Over all I am extremely happy with my purchase. I look forward to see what Giants announce next. I know John Deere fans would like to see more added to the line up. I hope you get your wish.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 am
blue_painted wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:20 am

Hey mate, you mean you bought the whole DLC just for the combine which came as a mod? (Dominator 108 SL Maxi)
Pretty much Yes.

I will use the other machines, and I might have/would probably have bought it without the Dominator, but that was what sold it to me.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Very nice all around, my favourite feature is when you drop the header on to the trailer it appears too lock itself on, no more falling off I hope 👍
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Fly down the road... No header on trailer, everyone freaks out AHHHH! Lol
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Going to skip this dlc since im not a big fan of claas and i still have not used base equipment and some great mods to an extent which i would like. However i can say from ammount of vehicles they added i think its worth buying
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:48 amSince we got mowers, balers and loads of silage equipment I feel a windrower and tedder would have been a great addition to the pack.
It's is a bit weird considering we got pretty much everything else in the grass range, though we can hardly complain at the lack of items when you consider how much we did get though! Perhaps they simply ran out of time - perhaps a couple of free mods in the future?

As good as all of the equipment it, I think my favourite in the DLC proper is the small Arion 400. Such a good yard tractor, especially with that cab, but with enough power to do some good field work too. A perfect first upgrade in a save game.

The Arion 600 is a great rival to the T6, Maxxum and Profi too but also my favourite tractor from FS17, the Valtra N Series. It's got a great range of power.

Good to see GIANTS and Claas see the value in historical equipment too with the bonus Dominator. Since I'm on PC and it's not encrypted I've already removed the German warning on the back. Can never have enough old equipment.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Still have to wait 7 more hours :(:(:(