Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Frag

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Frag »

I saw that you guys are working on snow missions, which is awesome. Rahkiin told me earlier that it would require some map modification for the contracts. I guess it is to define the area where the snow contracts would be given (parking, streets, fields, ...)

I did not look at the code yet in the BETA branch, but I was wondering. Do you think it would be possible to have "generic town snow removing contract" where you would remove snow from the street along the street reference points (where the traffic move). By doing this, there might be a way to have those snow contracts work on any maps?

Just brainstorming here ...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Just a random thought after reading a thread about fertilising started me thinking is there away for rewarding the use of manure and slurry when fertilising. As both methods are used to put back organic matter into the soil, no idea if it is possible or how easy it would be to implement if it was just throwing it out there.
I've recently switched to one of the beta builds and what you have done with the animal screen is fantastic, as ever many thanks for your hard work 👍
Frag

Post by Frag »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 pm Just a random thought after reading a thread about fertilising started me thinking is there away for rewarding the use of manure and slurry when fertilising. As both methods are used to put back organic matter into the soil, no idea if it is possible or how easy it would be to implement if it was just throwing it out there.
I've recently switched to one of the beta builds and what you have done with the animal screen is fantastic, as ever many thanks for your hard work 👍
Do you mean like a "Organic" bonus on money? Kinda like the idea, but I am not a real farmer, so I do not really know exactly what the "organic" tag would require.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Frag wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:54 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 pm Just a random thought after reading a thread about fertilising started me thinking is there away for rewarding the use of manure and slurry when fertilising. As both methods are used to put back organic matter into the soil, no idea if it is possible or how easy it would be to implement if it was just throwing it out there.
Do you mean like a "Organic" bonus on money? Kinda like the idea, but I am not a real farmer, so I do not really know exactly what the "organic" tag would require.
I was thinking a yield bonus as you are putting more back into the soil. There is a good reason arable farmers will buy in manure.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

The update for Seasons will come when Giants is finished testing it for console? If not rejected, maybe within a week?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

I am running build 33 and on 3 different maps I have had zero patchy crop failure?

Perfect germination,growing and harvest.

I was originally running the Modhub version, updated to 30 then updated to 33. Don't know if this is because I updated during a save but it's happened on a brand new game only ever running 33?
PC & Xbox One
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Who told you that JD77?
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
fibulare

Post by fibulare »

When I use seasons ( any seasons ready map) I suddenly get like 5 m with snow mask all over the map, i dont know if this is a mod conflict, but would really appreciate som help. Makes fs unplayable with seasons. This happens after some minutes of playing.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:43 pm Who told you that JD77?
Im asking. In disguise
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

fibulare wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:56 pm When I use seasons ( any seasons ready map) I suddenly get like 5 m with snow mask all over the map, i dont know if this is a mod conflict, but would really appreciate som help. Makes fs unplayable with seasons. This happens after some minutes of playing.
The version on the Modhub isn't perfect yet.
You could go to the first post of this thread and find the Seasons Gitlab page, if you dare to use a dev version you can download later verions that have quite a few fixes for things =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 pm It would indeed be quite weird when the terrain turns dark but no actual fertilizer is placed.
It does look odd if you spread wet fertiliser or slurry over powder lime and the ground retains the dry powder top though.
You can use the map to see where you've fertilised but if you've skipped previous steps like lime or plough then it is useless.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You could click the plowing or lime section on the map to hide them, so you can see what other things the field needs.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

girlie100 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:16 pm I am running build 33 and on 3 different maps I have had zero patchy crop failure?

I was originally running the Modhub version, updated to 30 then updated to 33. Don't know if this is because I updated during a save but it's happened on a brand new game only ever running 33?
I'm running Build 34 and definitely still getting a lot of Patchy Crop Failure across three different maps running three different Geos. I have noticed since switching from Build 33 to Build 34 I now get more Germination Failed Patches in spring, and am wondering if this is because of soil moisture levels. Seed apparently in the seasons menu does not have good resistant to drought conditions. Seasons Help says that below 12% Moisture is considered a drought. Yet I'm finding many times in Spring when I'm coming to seed my fields after winter, where I've had rain and snow etc and temperatures have been in the minus for the whole period, that my fields only have 8% moisture when I check them with the hand tool. So in my understand I'm planting seed in Spring, but the game believes the fields are in a drought and the seed fails to germinate.

I could understand there being issues with Soil Moisture in Summer and Autumn when Air Temperatures are reaching 30 degrees Celsius and the Grand Temperatures are in the 20s, but I can't see how there would be moisture problems in spring. Especially after a cold, wet and snowy winter.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

I'm running Build 34 and definitely still getting a lot of Patchy Crop Failure across three different maps running three different Geos. I have noticed since switching from Build 33 to Build 34 I now get more Germination Failed Patches in spring, and am wondering if this is because of soil moisture levels. Seed apparently in the seasons menu does not have good resistant to drought conditions. Seasons Help says that below 12% Moisture is considered a drought. Yet I'm finding many times in Spring when I'm coming to seed my fields after winter, where I've had rain and snow etc and temperatures have been in the minus for the whole period, that my fields only have 8% moisture when I check them with the hand tool. So in my understand I'm planting seed in Spring, but the game believes the fields are in a drought and the seed fails to germinate.

I could understand there being issues with Soil Moisture in Summer and Autumn when Air Temperatures are reaching 30 degrees Celsius and the Grand Temperatures are in the 20s, but I can't see how there would be moisture problems in spring. Especially after a cold, wet and snowy winter.
I have downloaded build 34 but haven't implemented yet, as I'm now into a second year and don't have any weeds either?

I had a couple of buggy mods that was throwing errors so will see if that changes anything going forward, if not I'll upload my save to the gitlab page
PC & Xbox One
Frag

Post by Frag »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:47 pm
girlie100 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:16 pm I am running build 33 and on 3 different maps I have had zero patchy crop failure?

I also noticed tons "harvested" patch right after seeding. Always wondered why since I usually seed when rain are in the forecast. I think that seed should not die right away if the soil is dry, but rather will die with the accumulation of few days of dry soil.

All to say that I did not find a way to avoid those early "harvested patch" yet. It would be nice if Rahkiin would give us the big lines of how it is implemented.