Platinum is here what do you think

DarkStar

Re: Platinum is here what do you think

Post by DarkStar »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 am
DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:12 am I'm going to give Oberkrebach a try, which is Seasons ready: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console
Let's hope this is less "tight" but still a nice EU style map
Share your thoughts after you try it, please.
I'm on Oakfield and changed my fleet to Claas from JCB, but it doesn't feel so right.
I'll let you know! Anything specific you'd like me to try out while I'm at it?
Harrym2019

Post by Harrym2019 »

Well done giants fantastic dlc thank u
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:21 pm I'll let you know! Anything specific you'd like me to try out while I'm at it?
Just if there's room for bigger machinery, like the one included in the Claas DLC.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Was hoping for a triple mower setup. Or maybe someone could make a Cougar mod, I’d be in heaven! :zunge:

But all in all enjoying it!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

RogsR35UK wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm
I also noticed that the Claas square Baler didn’t seem to pick up the straw as well as the Kuhn Baler (bonus, the Kuhn is cheaper).
Same problem with the AGCO baler mod. If the windrow is too wide, it leaves stuff.
The Kuhn don’t care. It eats it all
Ignorance is bliss
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

RogsR35UK wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm I was a little disappointed that the Convio 1230 Header and trailer for the Lexion couldn’t be towed by the harvester as it fouls the pipe. At least a non Claas Corn header can be used which gets around the need for a trailer for it.

I also noticed that the Claas square Baler didn’t seem to pick up the straw as well as the Kuhn Baler (bonus, the Kuhn is cheaper).
Report it as a bug. This seems to be a common problem with balers that the pick up width isn't wide enough to deal with the standard windrows.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:53 pm
RogsR35UK wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Same problem with the AGCO baler mod. If the windrow is too wide, it leaves stuff.
The Kuhn don’t care. It eats it all
I did a bug report on both balers for that issue. Problem should be sorted in the next patch :)
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

I think ... no, no. I am sure that it is the best DLC or Expansion, whatever you want to call it, excellent in EVERYTHING, and I hope it is a new quality standard by GIANTS, now I am glad that they did not launch CLAAS with the base game in 2018, because there was no It looked so good, they took their time ... we wait ... and there is an excellent result.

We all think in different ways, for me it is very complete, but they lacked something, a unique piece in the world that they should not have missed ... SADDLE TRAC.

Many say that it was not very commercialized like the other models and that perhaps they did not include it for that, but one thing very clear is that all tractors of all brands basically are and do the same .... But Saddle Trac does what others do and what others cannot do. Keep that in mind. and if not, ask those who have worked on them in real life.

My wish is a new DLC dedicated to Saddle Trac.

Greetings to all from Cuba and GREAT WORK GIANTS ......

Note:

Those looking for a good map to release the CLAAS machinery take a look here:

https://fs19.net/farming-simulator-2019 ... p-v-2-0-1/

Excellent Russian map with large, small and medium field, enough space, visually very well worked, that grass and bushes change with the seasons in even the water freezes in winter, without doubt one of the best maps ....
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Great dlc the amount of stuff u get for that price was worth it, my problem is I’ve run out of room for some of the stuff 😂 I did however swap one of my forage harvesters for the new claas jaguar and I’m not regretting it looking forward to forage harvesting my cornfields in the autumn
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Like the DLC, however there is one aspect of it I wonder if anyone is experiencing. I have bought the Claas 5000 Xerion Tractor, 530HP, wide tires with weights, 2200kg weight on the front. Attach it to a Cultivator and it drives at an absolute crawl, not even reaching the max working speed of the cultivators. Tested it tonight whilst streaming with the Swifter Cultivator and the Flexicoil, both 500HP rated Cultivators and the Claas really struggled pulling them. I even tried the fast farming trick and level ground the Claas wouldn't go any faster then 18kph. I then as a test tried a John Deere 8R and the 8RT which have 450HP and 420HP at their max configurations. Both tractors below the 500HP for the Cultivators yet both could pull the cultivators at their working speed no problem at all. When I then did the Fast Farming Trick, both could reach speeds of 30kph with the cultivators.

So I'm feeling the Xerion despite having 530HP, is seriously lacking in the Torque Department, and can't actual pull in accordance with it's power rating. Obviously I'd love to check it out, but sadly with the DLC stuff you can't open up any of the files and check. I'd love to see what the Engine Config of the Xerion looks like and specifically it's TorqueScale on the 530HP configuration.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Maybe make a bug report. Despardos was responding to a lot of them today.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yours must be defective cwattyeso.. i literally just fired up the game just to check it.. bought the 5000 in the exact config u listed, hooked it up to a 500hp cultivator and it pulls 9mph on mostly flat ground and 7mph up hill.. i suggest u talk to the dealer about getting your money back

idk how often u use the American units but 9mph is the units max working speed
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I’m about to check it out now on PS4
Ignorance is bliss
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:58 am yours must be defective cwattyeso.. i literally just fired up the game just to check it.. bought the 5000 in the exact config u listed, hooked it up to a 500hp cultivator and it pulls 9mph on mostly flat ground and 7mph up hill.. i suggest u talk to the dealer about getting your money back
I did get my money back and invested in a Fendt Trisix instead. I was Cultivating on the County Lines Map and the fields are not flat, but they aren't Mount Everest Either. On a slight up slope on one field the Claas was literally travelling at 1kph. I even switched the config on the tractor to have the Twin Wheels as noticed a lot of wheel slip and spin, but that didn't seem to make any difference. The only reason I actually undertook this test, was that I have seen a couple of comments in different Farm Sim Groups on Facebook about problems with the Claas 5000 and Cultivators. Whilst I couldn't do the test on my Lone Oak save as don't have the money to afford it, I could on my Multiplayer Map, so when everyone else had logged off tonight and I had the map to myself I did some experiments for science. Oddly when Ploughing with the Claas 5000 I had no issues at all with it and it drove plenty fast enough with each tool. Now again I'm not as farmer in real life, but my engineering and science background would lead me to believe pulling a plough through a field would put up a lot more resistance then a cultivator, as a plough is working much deeper and through more soil. Therefore if I was going to experience speed issues or power problems, I'd have expected to see them when ploughing and not cultivating, where you are only titivating the soil.

Also I would normally use MPH for speed being a UK Based Individual, but seeing as Giants doesn't give us the option in the options to separate Speed Units of Measurement from standard Length/Distance Measurements I'm forced to play in KPH at the moment, as if I set the option to Imperial in the settings it messes up the Guidance Steering Mod from Wopster which then displays weird settings in it's menu if not set to Kilometres/Metres.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Ignorance is bliss