Platinum is here what do you think

PrincessJessi84

Re: Platinum is here what do you think

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

there IS a problem.. but im not convinced its the tractor.. i just compared the Claas 5000 (530hp) to the Challenger MT955E (536hp) using several cultivators rated for a 500hp tractor pulling up the same exact track of field on ravenport multiple times per tractor and cultivator.. when using the SM 18000, both pulled it like champs.. however.. when i put them on the ST820, BOTH tractors topped out at 4mph and were REALLY struggling.. im gonna test the Cruiser 12 XL now.. ill post my findings
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:43 am Tested it tonight with the Swifter Cultivator and the Flexicoil, both 500HP rated Cultivators and the Claas really struggled pulling them.
There is always a solution for every problem. Since we cannot modify Xerion 5000 because the dlc is encrypted, then you should try a small trick ; edit the Swifter, the Flexicoil, also the Seed Hawk to 300 HP only. With this way Xerion will have no problem :)

Maybe is unrealistic , but hey, is just a game :)
PrincessJessi84

its not the tractor.. the Cruiser 12 XL pulled like a champ as well using the 5000.. its the ST820.. i just put it on the T9.565 (550hp) to see if the extra bit of hp would help.. same track of field.. topped out at 5mph before finally coming to a complete stop (about 15m or so into the pull) and nothing but wheel spin.. the next step is to completely remove my mods folder to verify that this is not something caused by a common mod we r using.. once again.. ill post my results
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:30 am
I actually did try it with a modded Swifter from Stevie, and it had the same problem where it would often struggle to pull it. When it was going it was doing 15-18KPH which is fine and what I would expect it to do comfortable. However I just find it odd that the 8R and 8RT in my test could reach 30KPH but would most often be sat around 24KPH. The Trisix of course had no issues and didn't even take long to reach the tools working speed, where as the other three tractors really took their time getting to their max operating speeds. In fact one other thing I noticed was that with the Swifter, if I had the cultivator raised, but not folded and tried to drive the Claas still wouldn't go above 18KPH and the John Deere's would do 24KPH, which obviously is well below the top speed of the tractors. The Trisix however would pull the unfolded but not lowered cultivator at 85KPH.

I did managed to clip a small section from my Stream showing the Claas at it's worst just doing 1KPH with it's wheels spinning with the Flexicoil Attached: https://clips.twitch.tv/StormyRelatedPe ... cingBanana this was with the Tractor set to Cruise Control and the Cruise Control left at the Tractors max speed.

Then a clip of the John Deere 8R on the same field with the same Flexicoil and it puts the Claas to shame https://clips.twitch.tv/WiseEsteemedCarrotDancingBanana
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
PrincessJessi84

i just tested everything again in the base game.. nothing present but the DLCs.. not only were the results the same for the other tractors but i threw both the 8400R (450hp) and the Quadtrac 470 (525hp) into the mix.. the 8400R never made it over the initial hill on the field just like the T9.. even the Quadtrac struggled on the initial hill before finally getting up to speed on the flat portion of the field and hitting 9mph but even then the speed was not consistent as it kept jittering between 8 and 9mph and occasionally dropping to 7
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Guys, you’re talking about speeds of 24 to 30 kph?!
While cultivating with those big cultivators??

That ain’t right. Their max working speed is 15kph
Ignorance is bliss
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:44 am
John Deere 8R 517 HP

motor torqueScale = 2.825

Claas Xerion 5000 530HP

motor torqueScale = 2.238

Is obvious :)
PrincessJessi84

ok now for my last finding.. i figured i would amuse myself by putting the BB 450 (500hp) back in my folder and giving it a go.. it responded EXACTLY like the Quadtrac did.. it hit higher speeds but couldn't consistently maintain them.. its almost like something in the field is grabbing the ST820 and the only tractors that stand a chance at really overcoming it r the heaviest machines.. the Quadtrac and BB tractors outweigh the other tractors in the game by a fair amount.. otherwise were outpulling tractors that based on the numbers had more power but only with that one cultivator.. every other cultivator i tested ran at its normal operating speed throughout the entire pass on every tractor i tested them with (the 8400R struggled a bit more than the rest but that's expected as it was the smallest machine i tested in terms of overall size).. either way i hope at least some of u find this information that i have gathered helpful in your farming and bug reports as im done with this.. he seems to be going out of his way to ignore me and i couldnt care less about giant cultivators and tractors as it goes completely against my play style.. happy farming

ALSO.. iwan is right.. i switch units and those machines max out at 15kph/9mph
Last edited by PrincessJessi84 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:05 am Guys, you’re talking about speeds of 24 to 30 kph?!

Well said !!!!!! *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:05 am Guys, you’re talking about speeds of 24 to 30 kph?!

Yes but for the purpose of the test I did the fast farming trick to see what the maximum speed the vehicles could achieve. The Claas could never go above 18KPH, where as the Deere and Fendt would hit 30KPH.

Without the fast farming trick and limiting to the actual tools working speed of 15KPH, the Claas would really struggle at times to reach that and maintain that and would very often only run at single digit speeds. The other tractors were far more reliably able to pull the tools consistantly at it's working speed, even with changes in the terrain. This despite that both John Deere Tractors in the Test have much less Horse Power Available then the Claas.

I think Euro Farmer has hit upon the problem and it's what my intial thought was aswell that the TorqueScale in the vehicles config is off. However with the data Euro Farmer has posted what this actually means is the John Deere's seem to have more Torque then what they should have based off of their HP. The 8R with a TorqueScale of 2.825 is basically acting like a 650HP Tractor, when it should have a TorqueScale of 2.17 for a 517HP rating. The Claas at 530HP should have a TorqueScale of about 2.285. With it's TorqueScale of 2.238 it's actually only performing with about 520HP in actuality. So the Claas actually looks bad, because the other Vehicles in the game are on steroids.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

On the bottom line, Farming Simulator is just a game. Not reality.
I wont mind even if they will give me a turtle , as long the turtle is able to do farming things :lol:

Happy Farming, relax and enjoy the game :)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:27 am
Jaaa ja. :confusednew:
Ignorance is bliss
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

I was trying to mow on meadowland map with the class axion 295hp. The class mowers only need 160hp but it slows right down on any incline and actually stopped on fairly steepish hill.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:36 pm
DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:21 pm I'll let you know! Anything specific you'd like me to try out while I'm at it?
Just if there's room for bigger machinery, like the one included in the Claas DLC.
Ok, so I gave Oberkrebach a spin last night and bought a Lexion 8900 with a Convio 1230. Also bought a Xerion 5000 and the biggest Joskin Drakkar trailer.
I've had no issues at all moving those giants around on this map. The roads are narrow, but there aren't any obstacles blocking the vehicles.
Even the (limited) space between the farm buildings is large enough to maneuver the 8900.

I've started on easy so you start with field 13 and 14. Both are really small fields and obviously a bit too small for the 8900. I took 4 passes or so to completely harvest the oats on field 14. There are some bigger fields like 8 and 21 which will suit the biggest harvesters better, but it's still a very small map in general.

I'm not sure if I'll continue on Oberkrebach. It's a very good looking map and travel distance is limited so you won't waste a lot of time driving around. Claas machinery fits perfectly, but I do like a more spacious feel sometimes.
You should try it out for yourself, it's a big improvement over Geiselsberg in terms of maneuverability for your machinery while still being one of the beste EU style maps for consoles
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Oh yes, Oberkrebach is very good for Claas and seasons.

I landscaped the big lake and I made it land for animals and placeables :)