Good console map with low slots

Konnork98

Good console map with low slots

Post by Konnork98 »

I keep running into the problem of using nearly all my slots looking for a good map with low slots that I can build as big as these gd console limitations will let me. Currently trying to make what I have on lone oak work
eric21

Re: Good console map with low slots

Post by eric21 »

So what got?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Curious as to what are you using? I have pretty much everything I could want on Lone Oak and still comfortably under 1000. I also lease most of my specialized equipment like harvesters though. They go back to the store once I'm done.

But I would like to know some low slot maps too for future reference myself. All these 50 slot tractors coming out lately might make it difficult.
Last edited by fenixguy on Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Konnork98

Post by Konnork98 »

Well I’m now realizing I didn’t start on farm manager lol so I’m sure that that would help me out as well hahah but I do have the modded case tractors and I know their slot count is a bit higher then the in game models I own 2 harvesters 3 or 4 tractors a telehandler equipment for my animals I do have quite a bit of stuff but I always make sure to try to buy something I already own one of the make the count lower after realizing I didn’t start on farm manager I think that’s my main issue 😂 going to start a new game save try to get everything I had but start it on farm manager and see if that helps
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Be careful on that some of the maps don't let you use the animals pens originally placed there without being on new Farmer. Also I recommend dahl ranch. Low slot count started in new Farmer and sold other stuff off to create it lower.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

so I haven't played 19 on console at all.. it just doesn't make sense with my pc.. but in 17 the slot count wasn't really an issue as long as u weren't trying to own one of everything.. is it really that much worse with 19?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Illinois Farmer

I have only struggled with ravenport, my first map, because I wanted every single John Deere, tons of equipment, lots of tractors, and lots of placables. Marwel might be tough with all claas, but so far I'm good.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Konnork98

Post by Konnork98 »

I was considering giving Dahl ranch another look, I don’t remember having the slot issue on 17 either but with 19 I’ve had more issues than not, the John deers have an insane slot count! I’ve givin up on a John Deere farm until I can get a pc hopefully this winter once work picks back up, I haven’t checked out the new dlc yet what’s the slots like compared to I game stuff?
Illinois Farmer

I believe you will be able to have all John Deere on dahl ranch or at least close to it. I haven't played it since the slots got fixed on xbox though.
Illinois Farmer

There isn't a bga and only 1 sell point for grain. The best grain is soybeans and canola, which I think they grow them more than the other grains. I put down a bale sell point because I didn't like the barn prices. I also put the small bga down but that doesn't accept slurry, so I put the slurry trader down. Also I had 2 big green machine shed, 3 large shelter sheds, hog pen, chicken pen, the realistic hog building, seed and fertilizer storage, liquid and herbicide storage, a shop, gasoline, and the placables for seed and fertilizers.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 pm so I haven't played 19 on console at all.. it just doesn't make sense with my pc.. but in 17 the slot count wasn't really an issue as long as u weren't trying to own one of everything.. is it really that much worse with 19?
In 17 I didn't have an issue unless I went haywire buying stuff. In 19 the machines have higher slots now making your own farm with buildings unusually float near the 1000 slot mark out 1299. Now I don't usually do animals..if I would then add more machines and what not and could easily hit the 1299 cap.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 pm so I haven't played 19 on console at all.. it just doesn't make sense with my pc.. but in 17 the slot count wasn't really an issue as long as u weren't trying to own one of everything.. is it really that much worse with 19?
I speak for single player only but it is worse. You have to be a little more careful on a big diverse farm, but I haven't ever hit the limit. But, I do lease limited-use items and send them back when finished. So I don't have a combine and a forage harvester at the same time, for example.

Currently on Lone Oak playing on New Farmer mode the big things I can remember: Claas Arion and frontloader, Claas Xerion, two Warrior ++ trucks, the newest Case Magnum from the hub, Claas Jaguar, all hay equipment including two balers, semi trailers (milk, silage, grain, lowloader, and flatbed bale), Hardi sprayer, the Lizard dually truck and gooseneck cattle trailer, a Kinze grain cart, a bunch of front loader tools, and probably a few more odds and ends that I'm forgetting about.

The only redundant things I have are the Warrior++ trucks. My slot count gets a little higher after harvest when I'm running slurry tankers, fertilize spreaders, and tillage and planting equipment.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

ok between the comments, u guys have painted a much clearer picture for me.. so it would seem that farm building (buildings and such) is for the smaller farmer.. and it would also seem that on equipment u can have a diverse farm as long as u don't own things just to own them.. also it would seem that u will not be able to experience everything in the game at once.. like.. u wont be having sugarcane over in this field with appropriate equipment while doing cereal crops over there and beets over here each with their respective equipment.. these projects will have to be planned out to work in the needed equipment.. lease and rotate items out.. I suppose a slightly more minimalist approach to farming but honestly could have its own logic and unique challenges.. I could see it being frustrating but also not entirely impossible to overcome.. hopefully this improves with the next gen of consoles.. given the slot limitation on consoles I cant help but feel like they may have went to the build your own farm thing too early and at least console users would have been better served by a feature that doesn't tax an already taxed limitation for the platform.. does this seem like a fair summery? I know it doesn't cover all the limitations or causes of the slot problem but.. its kinda my overall take on the situation from an outside perspective

I would also like to say that I can kinda relate to having to lease things constantly.. no im not forced to by a platform limitation like u guys r which obviously makes it a much bigger deal for u guys than it is me.. but my small farming style means if I wanna do anything that cant be done with standard seeders/planters and harvesters I have to lease in.. my tractors (as dictated by my farming style) r not big enough to run ANY of the specialty equipment needed to the more unique crops
Last edited by PrincessJessi84 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Good console map with low slots...

I think it’s all connected. The better the map, the higher the slot count.

The lower the slot count, the... less-better? the map.

So a good map with low slots... kinda doesn’t exist? Depending what you find “good” or good enough, of course.
Ignorance is bliss
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:45 pm like.. u wont be having sugarcane over in this field with appropriate equipment while doing cereal crops over there and beets over here each with their respective equipment.. these projects will have to be planned out to work in the needed equipment.. lease and rotate items out.. I suppose a slightly more minimalist approach to farming but honestly could have its own logic and unique challenges..
Bingo! The added bonus being you don't have to tab through 40 vehicles when your combine is at 80% full to get to the grain cart tractor. I can't stand having equipment just for the sake of having equipment.

To add to the topic, Pacific Northwest is a nice map with a good slot count. Osina is another good looking map with a ridiculously low slot count on Farm Manager. Under 400 if I remember correctly.