Claas dlc

cwattyeso

Re: Claas dlc

Post by cwattyeso »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:50 am I dont wanna be rude, but why would that even matter? Or is this one of these topics where everybody goes after Giants because DLC is not the "right shade of green".

Let me point out, that the both previous DLCs were more America focused. Anderson and Cotton DLC.
Yeah I'm guessing those John Deere Fanboys are still a little bit butt hurt that their John Deere DLC only contained one piece of equipment from the company, the rest of the DLC was four pieces of equipment from McCormack and 2 pieces of imaginary equipment from Giants own make believe brand Lizard. I think Giants were really stretching to name that DLC the "John Deere DLC". It's a bit like if I were to make you a sandwich, and in that sandwich I put roughly 95% dog poop, and then 5% ham, and then I offered it to you, would you honestly say that was a Ham Sandwich?

The Class DLC shows how DLC should be done, with plenty of new tractors, combines, tools and attachments, to cover many areas of the games and provide people new options to play with and re-invigorate their games nearly a year after the games launch.

I'm not going to complain about the shades of green or anything like that as quite frankly I don't get that worked up about farm equipment, being a non-farmer in real life, nor do I have any brand loyalty or anything life that. I would however suggest Giants maybe should have put as much effort into the John Deere DLC as they did the Claas and offer players much more equipment from that manufacturer. Players have asked for Seeders/Planters, Sprayers other things like that, and seeing as Giants big selling point for this years game was the inclusion of John Deere, having more then 5 tractors and 2 harvesters in the game from that manufacturer as we approach the games 1 year anniversary would have been nice.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:03 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm I have no interest in the DLC. It all looks wonderful, and I'm happy for the folks that are loving it.
I don't really care about brands, so this is just more of the same for me. As long as all the categories are covered, lizard would be fine with me. Color pickers can make equipment look how you like.
I would have preferred some new, enhanced and completed gameplay features.
Unless Giants has something special up their sleeve, it might have made sense to save Claas for their 21 sales pitch (IMO).
What would you like? Carrots?

Edit the potatoes and make ‘em orange. Tadaaaa. There you have em; carrots!

Cause you know, color picker can make crop look how you like 😉

Right?
Hey if it was that easy to add a crop, then everyone would be a modder *thumbsup*
I understand the desire for a lot of people to have different brands in the game, and IRL I'd be picky too. But in the game, when I need a new hunk of equipment, I only care about the numbers (width, capacity, price etc).
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:58 am
Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:50 am I dont wanna be rude, but why would that even matter? Or is this one of these topics where everybody goes after Giants because DLC is not the "right shade of green".

Let me point out, that the both previous DLCs were more America focused. Anderson and Cotton DLC.
Yeah I'm guessing those John Deere Fanboys are still a little bit butt hurt that their John Deere DLC only contained one piece of equipment from the company, the rest of the DLC was four pieces of equipment from McCormack and 2 pieces of imaginary equipment from Giants own make believe brand Lizard. I think Giants were really stretching to name that DLC the "John Deere DLC". It's a bit like if I were to make you a sandwich, and in that sandwich I put roughly 95% dog poop, and then 5% ham, and then I offered it to you, would you honestly say that was a Ham Sandwich?

The Class DLC shows how DLC should be done, with plenty of new tractors, combines, tools and attachments, to cover many areas of the games and provide people new options to play with and re-invigorate their games nearly a year after the games launch.

I'm not going to complain about the shades of green or anything like that as quite frankly I don't get that worked up about farm equipment, being a non-farmer in real life, nor do I have any brand loyalty or anything life that. I would however suggest Giants maybe should have put as much effort into the John Deere DLC as they did the Claas and offer players much more equipment from that manufacturer. Players have asked for Seeders/Planters, Sprayers other things like that, and seeing as Giants big selling point for this years game was the inclusion of John Deere, having more then 5 tractors and 2 harvesters in the game from that manufacturer as we approach the games 1 year anniversary would have been nice.
Right down to a T my friend, yeah, im not a farmer as well, so i have no favorite agriculture brand as you, Giants did do a lousy job on the JD pack and again as you mentioned, the Claas DLC is how a DLC should be done, i get certain manufacturing companies makes machines and/or equipment for ummm... Certain areas of agriculture i guess that's what you call it, and that's fine, but if a company like JD and all we get is a cotton harvester that's almost a million dollars, we'd like different stuff from JD as well.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Here's a question for anyone who's comparing the John Deere vs Claas line currently in the game.

Have you thought that maybe each company licenses the equipment they'd like to have available in the game?
Maybe John Deere Europe wanted us (FS19 players) to see those models, with that configuration and that's that.
We really have no clue of what went on those corporate meetings.

Moreover, we probably still have 2 DLC left till the next version. Maybe John Deere wanted to have the last word :biggrin2:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:15 am Here's a question for anyone who's comparing the John Deere vs Claas line currently in the game.

Have you thought that maybe each company licenses the equipment they'd like to have available in the game?
Maybe John Deere Europe wanted us (FS19 players) to see those models, with that configuration and that's that.
We really have no clue of what went on those corporate meetings.

Moreover, we probably still have 2 DLC left till the next version. Maybe John Deere wanted to have the last word :biggrin2:
That may very well be, but I think it was a bit devious for Giants to call a DLC "JD" when it only contained 1 JD.
It's also possible that they are holding a bunch of JD back for the next DLC, or possibly for the cover of 21 for more record sales.
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Like the dlc been nice but youd think they might have put a tedder and windrower in there
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

The Xerion may be my new favorite tractor in game (and I am a HUGE Deere fan). Its big, strong, fast, and incredibly nimble for a tractor this size. I play American maps and gravitate towards American equipment, but Claas has a foothold in North America. I just wish they did a 600hp version for some of the bigger equipment.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Farmer man wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 pm Like the dlc been nice but youd think they might have put a tedder and windrower in there
Yeah I did comment on another thread about this the other day. We seemed to get all the products from Claas' Forage Harvesting Catalogue except the 13m Tedder and Windrower they make. Would have made sense for Giants to include them in the DLC seeing as we got Claas mower attachments and balers and stuff.

Though I have just seen on Stevie's Facebook Page he's going to be releasing a Claas windrower mod, possibly tonight, which would be very nice.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Hoping for a tedder too.
Rakes are available for us PC players already
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

do u have a link to a good rake? ive only got one mod one (a 7m red one) but it would be nice to change things up.. i would love a well made claas rake if anyone has a good link pretty please :smileynew:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Claas is one of the biggest brands, IMO is among the top three brands :

1. John Deere - First place no doubt
2. Claas - second place.
3. Fendt - third place.

Claas was the brand which was missing from FS, and from FS21 will be in the base game.

EDIT : Forgot to mention, Stevie released some Claas style implements ; windrower, teddder, headers.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Sorry to burst bubble but claas isn't quite that big. Top ten yes but not top three. Supprisingly if talking about all tractor sales mihandra is number one or claims to be and they only have a rtv in game.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I must say i really do enjoy this dlc. Giants did a good job with the claas equipment. And it has made me read up on claas which is something i love about the game. The diversity of companies. People myself included tend to only think about the machines and brands around them but there is a huge range of agricultural equipment out there. I remember years ago seeing an amazone mod and thinking who in the world is that and then going to a farm progress show and going holy cow amazone really is a real brand and here is all there stuff.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Funny things I just noticed.
Not sure if they all have it, but the Arion 400 has a working temperature gauge on its dashboard.
It slowly started to climb up after I started the engine. And even after I turned the engine off for a while and turned it back on, it would still indicate the engine was warm. 😃

It has a working clock as well btw

Princeguardian wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:16 pmSupprisingly if talking about all tractor sales mihandra is number one or claims to be and they only have a rtv in game.
Start any kind of company in India and you’re one of the best selling companies in the world. 😄 🇮🇳
Ignorance is bliss
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:33 pm Claas is one of the biggest brands, IMO is among the top three brands :

1. John Deere - First place no doubt
2. Claas - second place.
3. Fendt - third place.

Claas was the brand which was missing from FS, and from FS21 will be in the base game.

EDIT : Forgot to mention, Stevie released some Claas style implements ; windrower, teddder, headers.
[/quote

Your opinion is close to actual sales numbers as of 2016
Jd #1
Cnh #2
Agco #3
Class#4

Wouldn’t surprise me to see class jump agco but the other two are pretty much rule the roost. Jd lovers are more like a cult. Went to buy a set of bale forks and jd green was 100 dollars more than the black, case red, or new Holland blue. Not to mention every auction you go to it seems like the green stuff goes for the same as everything else that’s 20 years newer.