Agco 1000 Series removed from the Mod Hub?

BreadedVirus

Re: Agco 1000 Series removed from the Mod Hub?

Post by BreadedVirus »

SteenkampModding wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:07 am Update:
Giants are now saying the reason they removed our mod is because they found another "Fendt 1000" that was released on another modsite with the same decals.

Also they added we shouldn't blame another modder, since we told them it was Ahran that made a issue about our mod on Facebook.

The only mod we could find that uses similar decals are Custom's Challenger 1000.

We are attaching a photo of their decals and ours overlayed and you can decide for yourself if they are the same.
We used the same font, as that is the closest to real life decals.

But placement isn't the same, why would we use another modders decals, but change it's placement? :hmm:

We are still awaiting a reply for Giants on this, but we probably only hear back Monday on this matter.

Also it seems very convenient that Giants can go search other mod sites for similar mods, yet they don't do anything about those sites uploading modhub mods and stealing modder's downloads...

You decide for yourself if these decals are the same...

Hope things get sorted here soon. *thumbsup* :smileynew:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Lol, these guys from Steenkamp are starting to behave like CM, air everything with the public so they can go rant about it...
The only people you need to convince is Giants, not the community, they have no real influence in these situations. CM doesnt understand that either ;)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Personally think this thread needs locking. I understand that you are upset about what has gone on but it’s between yourselfs and giant's to resolve the issues. The forum has absolutely no power over what giants decision will be. Otherwise all we are going to see is more flame wars against one modder or the other. I thank you for taking the time to explain to us why your mod was removed though. Definitely something giant's needs to do. If they had let everyone know that it was under investigation then this whole thread would have been avoided in the first place.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Alagos wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am Lol, these guys from Steenkamp are starting to behave like CM, air everything with the public so they can go rant about it...
The only people you need to convince is Giants, not the community, they have no real influence in these situations. CM doesnt understand that either ;)
The community pays the wages over at giants hq so without us buying the game and dlc.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Doesn't make the community any influence when it comes to copyright claims or other 'issues' Giants comes up with, they have rules and they follow them. The community cant do anything about that lol
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Alagos wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am Lol, these guys from Steenkamp are starting to behave like CM, air everything with the public so they can go rant about it...
CM was wanting to get JHHG out of the picture so they could push ONLY their mods to the modhub. That’s why CM went all out ranting publicly.

A shame really, because JHHG and co have pushed out some VERY nice JD combines, which I know the console players would have enjoyed immensely.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:30 pm
CM was wanting to get JHHG out of the picture so they could push ONLY their mods to the modhub. That’s why CM went all out ranting publicly.

A shame really, because JHHG and co have pushed out some VERY nice JD combines, which I know the console players would have enjoyed immensely.
Well if giants took any action on it jhhg would still be in the picture for consoles. But they let it be.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Alagos wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:18 pm Doesn't make the community any influence when it comes to copyright claims or other 'issues' Giants comes up with, they have rules and they follow them. The community cant do anything about that lol
Still surprised how they act on that so called copyright for decals. Let alone they take a mod down from their own modhub for some third party website probably making money off stolen mods anyway.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Please lock this thread. Thank you
SteenkampModding

Post by SteenkampModding »

Sorry for letting it sound like a rant. We just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what is going on.
We will try and sort this out tomorrow with Giants, and we will post the outcome on our Facebook page for those interested.
Hopefully it will be back up for download for those who didn’t get it before.
We take farming to new levels
Playing since FS09. Modding since FS13.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

SteenkampModding wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:42 pm Sorry for letting it sound like a rant. We just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what is going on.
We will try and sort this out tomorrow with Giants, and we will post the outcome on our Facebook page for those interested.
*thumbsup*
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

SteenkampModding wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:42 pm Sorry for letting it sound like a rant. We just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what is going on.
Thank you Steenkamp Modding
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Thanks and you guys are doing the work giants needs to do keeping us up 2 date.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

*snip*
Last edited by chedly_farms on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:38 pm
SteenkampModding wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:07 am Update:
Giants are now saying the reason they removed our mod is because they found another "Fendt 1000" that was released on another modsite with the same decals.

Also they added we shouldn't blame another modder, since we told them it was Ahran that made a issue about our mod on Facebook.

The only mod we could find that uses similar decals are Custom's Challenger 1000.

We are attaching a photo of their decals and ours overlayed and you can decide for yourself if they are the same.
We used the same font, as that is the closest to real life decals.

But placement isn't the same, why would we use another modders decals, but change it's placement? :hmm:

We are still awaiting a reply for Giants on this, but we probably only hear back Monday on this matter.

Also it seems very convenient that Giants can go search other mod sites for similar mods, yet they don't do anything about those sites uploading modhub mods and stealing modder's downloads...

You decide for yourself if these decals are the same...

So let me get this straight, Giants is saying no to this because your numbers are similar to the numbers of another modder's version, that are similar to what is actually on the machine?

I think Giants does a decent job at what they do, but this goes back to my biggest issue with them. I don't feel like they know the machines that they are trying to replicate. I don't want the numbers on the cab to be Helvetica or impact when they are supposed to be bank gothic. C'mon testers, lets get on the same page here.
Can’t agree more. And the decent job is for some mods/maps a bit overstated. The first version off welker i was suprised that thing cleared testing while some other maps need to be resubmitted for countless times.