Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Barrcott

Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Post by Barrcott »

I've used the government subsidy signs a few times & decided it's zaps any enthusiasm for the game I'm on , half the fun is working towards something, with millions in the bank it gets a bit dull , you buy all the kit you want & leave crops standing because you don't need to harvest them because you simply don't need the cash !

Anyone else find this ?
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
IceUul

Re: Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Post by IceUul »

Agree! Game is already too rewarding so this mod is making economy too easy and makes game boring. Good thing is that you don't need to install this mod.
wombles

Post by wombles »

I think so, I normally edit the amount I start with down too about forty thousand. The fun for me is in the build up, as you say it gets dull when you have millions in the bank. What I can't understand is the cheap fields on some maps, it's not like money is hard to get in this game.
Wiggs75!

Post by Wiggs75! »

On maps that I use to experiment or have fun On I use it. Especially for terrain editing like race tracks, placables and such.
PS4 user
Simulating Farming since FS13 (PS3)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Even in easy mode, you earn money way too quickly.
You can buy all you want in no-time.

And then it gets boring
Ignorance is bliss
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Some people, probably the young ones, just want to operate the big machines and couldn't care less about the progression.
Like you, I enjoy the grind.
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

So I just started a new save game on Coldborough Park Farm by BulletBill. He gives 6 fields and four tractors to start off. I sold all the tractors and machinery etc and replaced them with a Massey 398, a case Maxxum 190 and a Ford TW25, and no combine. I then used Developer mode on PC to edit most of the excess money out, so I had about 80 grand to spend on supplies and anything I had forgotten, eg a muck spreader and muck fork. I cheated absolutely zero money into the game, instead I cheated it out of the game, because I always get really bored when i have so much money that I can’t decide what to do with it - And I guess that’s how my Marwell save ended after 100 hours on Easy mode (note to self, always increase difficulty as you go along).

If I’m honest, the most crazy thing I did was buy to John Deere’s to start my Oakfield farm. I did this because it gave me a target, (forgive me now) to get rid of them as soon as possible and replace them with ‘real tractors’ haha. But the fact that I had to work for them meant that I was passionate about changing that 7020 series for a lovely blue Valtra T234 and the 6930 for an orange N154e.

Now with four tractors on that save game and a venture in to arable work, I can confidently say that because I didn’t cheat any money, each step of the process has been a journey, and now on Hard difficulty, I can expect (virtual) years of growth to come at a sensible rate. Oh and this is until Calmsden Farm comes out. That map looks incredible!!!!!
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
wombles

Post by wombles »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am Even in easy mode, you earn money way too quickly.
You can buy all you want in no-time.

And then it gets boring
I play on hard and it's easy to bring the money in, Giants really need too look at the difficulty settings or add in a very hard.
wombles

Post by wombles »

EyesJoshuaMF wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 amOh and this is until Calmsden Farm comes out. That map looks incredible!!!!!
You could be waiting a while, he said on Rainbow Dave's stream last night it could be 2021 :(.
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

You could be waiting a while, he said on Rainbow Dave's stream last night it could be 2021 :(.
To be honest I don’t mind how long it takes. As long as Oxy takes his time to make a great map I don’t care - I have all of BBs maps and Oxy’s Oakfield to use in the mean time!i
Last edited by EyesJoshuaMF on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Eische

Post by Eische »

Just my 2 cents here:
- Who is forcing you to use the subsidy mod for a longer time giving you a lot of money?
- Everyone plays in a different way
- Every map provides different starting conditions (equipment, total starting field area, pre-placed animal pens, ...)

This mods provides a in-game function to generate a high amount of money rather quickly. It is especially useful for console players who are unable to modify xml files.
The main problem is, that the default maps from Giants are too much of a grind even with easy economy. Yes, there are players enjoying this grind. But please respect the other players who do not like the grind. It is not necessarily bound to age.

I'm nearly 40years old. My playstyle:
- reduces cost for land from default 60000/ha to 21000/ha
- starting out with ~6-7ha for small (3-4m) machinery
- normal economy setting, slow plant growth (no seasons)
- placing animal pens at the start to get manure/slurry as I don't use artificial fertilizer
- cheating money to set up my start like this. After setup is finished I set my money to 50000 and start playing
- I use Cattlebreeds and Pigbreeding mods with adjusted values as default manure/slurry production is just too low
- no usage of autoload wood/bale trailers
- no usage of CP or default helpers. I use followMe for chopping corn only (leased forage harvester)
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Worst thing I ever did was in Meadow Grove when I sold all the extra silos, located at various different yards that I wasn't using. I was bumbling along quite well with my little Fiatiagris at the dairy farm but the sudden injection of money just ruined it for me.
wombles

Post by wombles »

EyesJoshuaMF wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:21 am To be honest I don’t mind how long it takes. As long as Oxy takes his time to make a great map I don’t care - I have all of BBs maps and Oxy’s Oakfield to use in the mean time!i
Definitely lovely looking map from what we have seen so far.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I roleplay a little so I cheat money in and out to suit. Some maps I like to cheat in a lot to do some major landscaping and set up a modest farm at first then cheat money out to make things more realistic , usually setup with 2 underpowered vehicles, small harvester, seeder(small), fert spreader(small), trailer (small), change funds to 50,000 with a 100,000debt.

If you place a truck load of subsidy signs and leave them forever it gets super boring super quick IMO
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

I have to agree it does zap the enthusiasm when you can just place a sign (or signs) down for a few hours an hey presto you've got multiple zeros on the end of your bank balance. Having said that it has come in handy when swapping to a new map and you want to pretend you've sold off your previous farm to fund it. As a console player I've used it exactly like that in the past and also on a test save that I use to try out new mods to see if I'd use them in my 'serious' gamesaves.

I'm currently a few (console simulated) seasons in to a save on Wola Zabierzowska without 'cheating' any money in and loving it. The land on there is dirt cheap (pun intended) so theres no need for it with a contract or two on each game day I've managed to set myself up quite nicely already.

It has its uses but definitely not if you're serious about simulating your farming experience.