Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

chedly_farms

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by chedly_farms »

Okay, this drivelane mod looks interesting, being that its for console as well. I'm curious to see it actually work, and how to "program" it for sprayers with different boom widths.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:13 pm What would the purpose of a weigh station be?
drive in, stop at office and get weighed. unload at grain elevator, steel mill, etc. drive out, stop at office and get weighed again. get paid for the difference.. irl u don't magically get paid.. they want to know exactly how much they r paying u for.. if u r under contract they want to see how much of the contract your delivery fulfills.. the weigh scales help simulate this.. I love maps with weigh scales at the sale points as I always get weighed going in and out.. that's how it was when I drove irl and that's how it is for me in game (when possible)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:13 pm What would the purpose of a weigh station be?
drive in, stop at office and get weighed. unload at grain elevator, steel mill, etc. drive out, stop at office and get weighed again. get paid for the difference.. irl u don't magically get paid.. they want to know exactly how much they r paying u for.. if u r under contract they want to see how much of the contract your delivery fulfills.. the weigh scales help simulate this.. I love maps with weigh scales at the sale points as I always get weighed going in and out.. that's how it was when I drove irl and that's how it is for me in game (when possible)
Good to know. It's the same thing when we take in scrap aluminum for my job to the junk yard. Pretty cool to have that immersion in the game.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
PrincessJessi84

yea its like that when u deliver anything that isn't measured in specific units like.. idk.. delivering 40 televisions to or from a circuit city warehouse in which case they just check the units present off on the invoice to make sure u didn't suddenly get a new tv for your den lmao
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

PC & Xbox One
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:28 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Good to know. It's the same thing when we take in scrap aluminum for my job to the junk yard. Pretty cool to have that immersion in the game.
Just to add to this, they also test the moisture level and test weight. You get docked if the moisture level is too high or too low and if the test weight isn't good enough.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrincessJessi84

absolutely! depending on the product of course.. also.. for those who have never actually done these things.. there r actually elevators what will lift an ENTIRE loaded semi into the air to dump it and its REALLY cool to watch.. I was about 10 the first time I seen it and I was absolutely amazed lol.. but then again ive always been addicted to big machines and their uses.. life long nerd here

truth be told I am secretly waiting on a modder or giants to find a way to include this in the game.. the closest elevator to grandpas farm was about 30 miles away.. it had 2 bays.. a regular bay for hopper bottoms and dump trailers and a lift bay for the ones that couldn't self unload
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Illinois Farmer

That sounds cool. I have never seen that. The elevators around me all have 2 or 3 bays, but are all hopper used.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

Wonder how long we will see seasons in the testing list just for teasing :hmm:
Maybe tomorrow, mabe on friday, maybe next week
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:15 pm Okay, this drivelane mod looks interesting, being that its for console as well. I'm curious to see it actually work, and how to "program" it for sprayers with different boom widths.
It's completely manual. It lets you manually enable tramlines at desired passes with the seeder. So if you have a 24m sprayer and a 8m seeder you would set a tramline every 3rd pass. This is exactly what I have described in my tutorial about this some weeks ago, finally we can see someone making tramlines for console. I have my Vaderstad seeder in queue of course as well.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Illinois Farmer

I understand some places in the world uses the drive lanes. I have never seem anyone around here though. I will not be using them, but that's just my preference.
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 pm I understand some places in the world uses the drive lanes. I have never seem anyone around here though. I will not be using them, but that's just my preference.
It sure is your preference. For my seeder that is in queue at Giants it can be turned off easily, so you can enjoy the Väderstad Rapid 800S anyway. :-)

Seriously though, the business justification IRL is that seeds are expensive and as long as you need to run your sprayer in a crop that grows tighter than what row crop spacing allows then you are better off just not wasting seed at those tramlines.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Illinois Farmer

Sweet, I'm looking forward to trying it. Yeah, I get that. We spray our wheat and hay early in the growth stage that it doesn't affect it. It usually bounces back. I know other guys that just run it over later in the growth stage. I guess if you had thousands of acres in it and it was your money maker it would be more important.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:21 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:15 pm Okay, this drivelane mod looks interesting, being that its for console as well. I'm curious to see it actually work, and how to "program" it for sprayers with different boom widths.
It's completely manual. It lets you manually enable tramlines at desired passes with the seeder. So if you have a 24m sprayer and a 8m seeder you would set a tramline every 3rd pass. This is exactly what I have described in my tutorial about this some weeks ago, finally we can see someone making tramlines for console. I have my Vaderstad seeder in queue of course as well.
There's two Amazone seeders with tramline function that have been out for some time on console. One by DasAlex and the other by Arikson.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

One of the reasons for tramlines, in the UK at least, is because running over the growing crops tends to slow it, so you end up with green stripes in your ripe crop and that messes up the sample, as well as being a waste of seed and fertiliser.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads