For realism - When do you exchange your equipment

Sockerbetan

For realism - When do you exchange your equipment

Post by Sockerbetan »

When do you guys exchange your Equipment? I sell my tractors when they reach 200 hours. Is there a spreadsheet showing some numbers perhaps. I want some realism in the game but its hard with the economics in this game.

Does someone have an input on Equipment hours?
PrincessJessi84

Re: For realism - When do you exchange your equipment

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I play with as much realism as I can.. also play on hard and take my time with each task.. money doesn't come quickly.. replacing a tractor is a huge deal on my farm and isn't something I would do often.. and in most cases only once.. although I will add an old small tractor to the fleet if I actually have a need which isn't too often.. I like to keep my "big" tractor and ill keep a lil yard tractor.. usually the tractor I started with before I bought the "big" one.. I like to add something new if I have a need but "replacing" isn't really something I do
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

I have 40 hours on my main tractors and I have no intention whatsoever to sell them anytime soon. But the rate you sell at should suit your gameplay rate. I’m a moderately slow paced player myself, so I’ve had my 4-strong lineup of tractors for months of real time. I exchange a couple of implements every year, so i May change seeder every few years etc but really my lineup stays pretty steady. I guess you should look at resale value, and if you want to part ex etc when looking at when to sell. I don’t know what happens at 200h in terms of value (that’s the length of my current save game alone!).
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
PrincessJessi84

honestly I don't think it matters.. tractors don't have a daily cost anymore so in theory if u keep your repair bar high, u could keep a tractor or implement forever
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

I play as real as I possibly can, and I am very thorough with my economy and want the farm to grow. And as the farm grows the requirements on the equipment change. With that change comes adding a bigger tractor, and if I already have several I will sell of the smallest one. That way I add new to the top end as I grow the farm, and sell off at the low end.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Depends on the game and how I am playing it. My Alberta map I trade in combines every 2 years (25 hours +/-) and main tillage tractors the alternating years since that is not uncommon for farms in that area of my size IRL.
Other maps, without that much cash flow or number of acres are less regimented and trade off equipment when I need something bigger or the engine hours get "to high"
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I only update when I expand large enough to needa bigger tractor then I tend to trade off what would be my tillage and planting tractors and move up to larger models. I tend to keep my older smaller tractors for running augers, hay raking and cutting, and moving wagons and other things around the yard similar to real life. On our farm we still run a couple tractors for the 50’s and the 70’s
kintino

Post by kintino »

I prefer to enjoy what comes in the game itself, there are a variety of interesting equipment on FS19 and I haven't even used it (I have 1900 hours played), I have very few mods and most are embellishments or tents and maps, the only non-' modhub 'is the courseplay and cleaning of the animals.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

When I get bored with what I'm using or something else comes along that I want to use. I've never played a map 200 hours, much less ran a piece of equipment that long.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 pm honestly I don't think it matters.. tractors don't have a daily cost anymore so in theory if u keep your repair bar high, u could keep a tractor or implement forever
That’s interesting. I’d like to know if equipment needs repairing more frequently as time goes on. If not that would be a nice feature, and a reason to upgrade.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
PrincessJessi84

ive seen nothing in the .xml files (im not a pro with them but know my way around pretty well) that indicates any kind of age related multipliers for repairs.. I do agree that either it should be needed more often or repairs should cost more as the equipment ages.. a repair for a young tractor might be fluid changes, new belts and hoses in order to stay maintained.. just routine stuffs.. as the machine ages it would need all those things plus things like valve cover gaskets, timing chains and belts and stuff like that.. minor repairs and more extensive maintenance.. older equipment might need stuff like transmission repairs, new rings and stuff like that.. full on repairs and overhauls.. irl as these things age the cost and frequency of repairs certainly increases and would likely be the be the motivation to replace equipment on a farm that's past its growing pains and is stable in size and operation.. im not a farmer irl but this is how things work otherwise in the real world in various industries ive been employed in including helping my grandpa on his farm
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Personally I think repair should be tied to age: When a vehicle or implement ages, it will no longer be possible to repair it to full. The max possible repair would be lower over time and thus create the incitement to replace the vehicle/implement.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

I mostly use them until they get many working hours on them, therefore they show RED in the equipment page.
When I play with Hagenstedt map and start as New Farmer, the equipment has hilarious working hours and their trade in price is very very cheap, but I choose to repair them and repaint them to use them, despite the fact that the cost to repair them and repaint them are much more than their trade in price. As soon as I earn more, I'll trade them in and buy new equipment . I'll keep the new ones until their working hours show red.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:39 pm Personally I think repair should be tied to age: When a vehicle or implement ages, it will no longer be possible to repair it to full. The max possible repair would be lower over time and thus create the incitement to replace the vehicle/implement.
I like this but with an added opportunity to overhaul the tractor to bring it back to its original state for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Sockerbetan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:35 pm When do you guys exchange your Equipment? I sell my tractors when they reach 200 hours. Is there a spreadsheet showing some numbers perhaps. I want some realism in the game but its hard with the economics in this game.

Does someone have an input on Equipment hours?
Still waiting for those 200 for a claas then? ;)
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi