Promised features MIA?

Reed Engineering

Re: Promised features MIA?

Post by Reed Engineering »

Yeah I agree. I do feel though that the in house test ten missed some huge fundamental bugs that just simply should not have been missed. I mean small bugs are in every single game no mater how big the developer is so you learn to deal with those things. But the big stuff should not missed and there is no excuse for these to be missed. I think they simply just did not have enough time to big test properly. I thing they should have moved the launch back at least a month if not more for bug testing. And as you say. Get some of the big hitters with the community under an NDA and get them testing as well.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
player1s

Post by player1s »

pitstop25 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm I feel I the biggest problem is they need to stop doing this every two year cycle.

I think we need to look at the shareholders and not Giants for that however.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

livesea72 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 pm One word DEER it was removed due to performance issues.It took them months to get windshield wipers to work then we still had rain through buildings and vehicles at launch.
Or maybe deer was a play on words because we got Deere. Just a thought
XBOX/ FS22
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

player1s wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:15 pm
pitstop25 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm I feel I the biggest problem is they need to stop doing this every two year cycle.

I think we need to look at the shareholders and not Giants for that however.
As far as I know there are no share holders but that’s only speculation on my part.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

If there are, there are probably only 2 shareholders (big guess here), the original founders of Giants. =)
And btw, not sure if people here watched the 'Making of FS17' video, but Giants brings in several people from the community before release to help test the game ;)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Focus interactive is not on the stock exchange?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Giants is a private limited company (LLC), which means my Guess about the fact that they probably have only 2 shareholders from above is correct.
Focus Home Interactive is on a stock exchange, just Google them, it knows ;)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
player1s

Post by player1s »

Alagos wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:02 pm
Focus Home Interactive is on a stock exchange, just Google them, it knows ;)
And thats probably why they have to release a game every 2 years.

I wouldnt be surprised to find out that Giants would like to take the SCS approach.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

They sure need to be able to delay the time in each version.

There's almost 1 year since Fs19 was released but IMO, the working game is less than 6 months old.

FS19 is a pretty good game despite many minor bugs that won't be fixed, so I'm sure players will agreed to play on this platform for another full 2 years.

But...like every company, $ is everything.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I dont recall being ever promised anything from Giants.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

redglasses wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:34 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:03 pm red, those folks r making games on pre existing game engines.. they don't even have to worry about that side of it.. the people working making the game engines in most cases will have a whole lot more than a couple people working on the engine
Giants barely touch their engine. Fs19 is the first major update in years.
It takes time, money AND resources to build a completely new game engine for small game companies.

The big boys in the game industry have more resources and money compared to GIANTS.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yes I know all this. Larger companies either spend years making and engine before even talking about making the game or they buy the rights to a pre-existing engine.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

pitstop25 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm I feel I the biggest problem is they need to stop doing this every two year cycle. And when you really think about it it’s not evey two years for them as they still patch and make dlc for the last game for a good 18 months. So then you have an already small team stretched to braking point. I think that’s why the game was so bad on the day of launching it. They just do not have a big enough team to work on two games at the same time. Something has to give and the prof was there for all to see at the start. Yes I take my hate off to giants for working as fast as they could to fix the big game braking issues. But this is stuff that should have never have been there to need fixing in the first place. Some of it was sticking out like a sore thumb and makes you wonder how it was missed. I also feel with the size of the team at giants knowing that they have to make basically 3 versions of the game. One for pc. One for PS4 and one for Xbox. How is that for stretching staff. I honestly thing thin going in with a publisher was a big mistake. All they want is their money back on what they invested and that will push a small team to release a game that is simply not ready. I’ve seen this tome and time again with games over the years. EA are one of the worst for doing it to small developers.

I would soon rather they went down the path of a 3-4 year life span with dlc and say an expansion pack one a year to add a new crop type or something along them lines. Or to use the SCS model of have a game out that you just work on all the time to improve it and add dlc for making money to develop the game more and more. It’s a business model that is working awesome for them with a market sure getting bigger buy the year.

I feel if they took one of the two options it would make for what is an awesome game simply amazing as they would have the time to push the envelope.

Of course these are just my opinion and are based on my own observations and not fact based on speaking to giants. I obviously don’t know the ins and out what giants contracts are like and it’s not my place to know. It’s none of my business.

Just a side note on the seasons not being added from day one. It was said by giants that it could not be done in the base game because seasons was released to far down the line of the development of fs19. It would have ment to rebuild the coding from the ground up and that’s was simply impossible with the time they had left before release.

My on opinion on it though is seasons is something that should have always been part of the base game as seasons play the biggest part of a farmers life so o do think gangs have dropped the ball there tbh. Just happy it’s been done as a mod so at least we get that realism now.
I agree with a lot of what you said here. Really good points. I'm sure they key issue for them to weigh is if they can support paying their staff for another couple years without a steady revenue stream. I guess I'm not sure how tight their financials are, I'm sure they did well on the last release, but paying a staff for a couple years without income would be stretching them I'm guessing, mainly due to the large overhead involved like utilities, renting commercial space, the various trade shows they attend, and of course maintaining their hardware infrastructure. Strong DLC releases would have to keep them afloat until the next game release?

I completely agree with your points on seasons as well. It is absolutely essential that some sort of seasonal cycle be a part of a farming game. The seasons mod is excellent, and I can't thank Realismus enough for writing it. An interesting question thought, is why was the mod even necessary in the first place? A seasons cycle is one of the first things that should've been incorporated into a farming game.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not everywhere has the same season
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:28 pm
eric21 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:47 pm Not everywhere has the same season
How does it not? And just because the "geos" may differ, theres still a 4 season cycle around the world. Any basic cycle would be better than none
Agreed -- I can't think of anywhere on earth that isn't affected by the Earth's orbit around the sun: It won't be the same for different latitudes but the effect will be there.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads