Trailer hitch wrong type on a range of equipment including latest DLC's

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
Pict

Trailer hitch wrong type on a range of equipment including latest DLC's

Post by Pict »

Trailer hitch wrong type on a range of equipment including latest DLC's:

Background
For a long time I have had problems with some equipment attaching itself too high on the tractor. I thought at first that this was a tractor problem and just avoided the tractor. A few days ago I was trying to harvest beets with the Grimme Rooster 604 trailed harvested and the Schlüter 2500 VL tractor but the harvester was so high that it would only work intermittently and left patches behind. At this point I decided to try and find the real issue.

Problem identified
After some testing I discovered that it wasn't a tractor problem but rather on the trailer side. The trailer has the wrong value in the .xml where it is "trailer" instead of "trailerLow".

Lots of equipment affected
Before posting this as a bug I decided to test all of Giants equipment, this took a long time. The results were surprising not just because of how many units were affected but how random it seemed to be. With the Kuhn balers for example, only the round baler/wrapper was wrong. This seems to have spilled over to the new DLC as the Claas round baler/wrapper is also wrongly coded, but not the Claas square bailer. While the entire Anderson DLC with a pin/eye attachment is affected.

Why it went unnoticed for so long
This problem affects all tractors coupling with these units, but it is more obvious with older style tractors like the Schlüter 2500 VL as it doesn't have an adjustable high (trailer) hitch. This affects many old style tractors, like for eg., AAA Modding's excellent Fortschritt ZT 320-323-A which, like the Schlüter I pretty much stopped using for this reason.

List of affected units

FS19
Stara Ninja 19000
Star Fox 11
Kinze 1051 Grain cart
Kinze 851 Grain cart
Grimme SE260
Grimme Rooster 604
Lemken Gigant 12 S 1600
Hardi Navigator 6000
Kuhn Metris 4102
Kuhn SLC 141
Kuhn FBP 3135
Kuhn Knight RA 142
Joskin Aquatrans 7300 S
Stepa FHL 13 AK

Anderson DLC
All unit with the exeption of Bio baler & bale pusher

Claas DLC
Claas Rollant 455 RC Uninwrap

Horsch Pack
All 4 seeders/planters

Giants mods
Ursus Z586 (bail wrapper)

A very easy thing to fix
This is a tiny repair job involving changing "trailer" to "trailerLow" in affected .xml files. I have already fixed all those I can access (obviously not the DLC's), tested them and am happy to say they work as they should.

If I can easily fix some of it for me, I have no doubt that you (Giants) can easily fix all of it for all of us :hi:
Moses195

Re: Trailer hitch wrong type on a range of equipment including latest DLC's

Post by Moses195 »

Very interesting. I dont use any of that equipment currently.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I honestly didn't know some of the equipment didn't have the right hitch type.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

none of them are wrong, its your mod tractors trying to use the wrong hitch because they haven't been properly converted to work with FS19
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Pict

Post by Pict »

in future don't insult other members and try and work with the people trying to help you.skullblits
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

it is really easy to prove its your mod tractors:

attach ANY default (NOT A MOD) or DLC Giants FS19 tractor with ladder hitch to ANY of the mentioned trailed items in their unchanged state and they will work perfectly.

in FS19 the low hitch is considered the K80 (80mm) ball hitch, which is tagged as the "trailerLow" and is for everything with a K80 spoon coupling.

everything else that uses a clevis hitch pin because they have a towing eye is tagged as "trailer" which adjusts to suit the height of the trailed item, for some items it will be at the top of the ladder hitch and for other items at the bottom of the ladder hitch with the K80 removed.

badly converted mod tractors will be stuck with a clevis hitch stuck in the top position (as will realistically modelled old tractors for which ladder hitch are not available IRL), given ladder hitch were just not around when older tractors were made, and back then the high position clevis hitch attached to the top-link bracket so the only height adjustment was provided by the number of top-link pin holes in the top-link bracket which was almost always above the PTO stub on the rear of the tractor, and even long after the Schlüter 2500 VL were made todays company's like Scharmueller who are one of the principle makers of ladder hitch don't make one to be retro fitted to the Schlüter 2500 VL, they only go as high as the Euro-trac 2000 and the super trac 1250, so in reality a Schlüter 2500 VL mod tractor should have problems in FS19.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Pict

Post by Pict »

Pict wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:15 am in future don't insult other members and try and work with the people trying to help you.skullblits
Thank you very much for your input. You have successfully convinced me that "in future" I will never waste my time reporting bugs here, on the official Giants customer feedback facility.

You have also led me to the thought that I can not only save valuable time but money too, as I was a good customer of this product, but I will review that long and hard before buying anything else here.