Typical playtime on a map?

mexel75

Typical playtime on a map?

Post by mexel75 »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, for how long do you typically play a map? Sometimes it seems like you can go on playing a map forever. They are so large, so many places to visit, interesting sites to build up new farms, so many fields to work etc. But at some point you take the decision that you are finished with this map, and it's time to try a new one.

Some maps I give 5-10hrs. A few I've played over 100hrs. But typically I play a map about 20-30hrs, before I feel I pretty much played the map to an end.

What are your typical playtimes on a map? 5, 20, 100hrs? What causes you to take the decision that you are done with a map?
Bigfilmguy

Re: Typical playtime on a map?

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Depends on the map to be honest. I've put over 200 hours into Sussex Farms on FS17 console edition, until recently I was on Pacific Northwest for FS19 console ediition, and I have 85 hours or so on that one. I'm currently playing Canadian Production Map v3.1 on FS19 PC edition and I can see myself putting a lot of hours into it.

However some maps I just didn't gel with and have only put 10-20 hours in before looking for another map. For example on, FS17 I tried Sosnovka 3 times, each time putting in at least 10 hours, but I just didn't like the map, I was a Goldcrest Valley fan instead.

For me the decision to retire a map generally comes when I see another map that interests me, but I will go back to an older map if the new one doesn't grab my interest.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

for FS17 around 650 of my 1000 hours on the game were spend on Goldcrest, it's hard to find maps that make me think it's worth it to start over lol
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

So far I’ve played 2 maps since release of 19: Marwell and Oakfield.

They’re the only two maps I’ve really connected with because they’re real life areas which Oxy has represented extremely well in the game. I can’t stand artificial field layouts and 90 degree grid roads that we see on most fictional maps. In terms of hours, I put about 100 into marwell before I left, because I felt that I had too much money on my hands. On the other hand, I’m about 200h into Oakfield and I’m only just dipping my toes into Arable work.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

EyesJoshuaMF wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 am So far I’ve played 2 maps since release of 19: Marwell and Oakfield.

They’re the only two maps I’ve really connected with because they’re real life areas which Oxy has represented extremely well in the game. I can’t stand artificial field layouts and 90 degree grid roads that we see on most fictional maps.
Completely agree. There's a very limited number of mappers who can pull off fictional maps and make them feel believable. In my opinion BulletBill was number one at that (The West Coast), but his best fictional map isn't even available publicly (a TWC-inspired private map).

OxygenDavid isn't far behind with his fictional maps, but especially his early ones (Chellington, Sandy Bay) didn't really connect with me for some reason, despite looking relatively real, though I did get into Thornton towards the end of FS15. Where OxygenDavid excels is with real maps and I'm really looking forward to Calmsden Farm.

For me I've spent the most hours so far on Marwell Manor too (186). Oakfield is my current save (up to 102 hours so far) but I was a tester for Oakfield for FS17 so spent a ton of hours on that before and after release.

I did spend a fair bit of time on a non-real map, Oberkrebach (113), which is a rarity for me, but I just wanted something different to play with some smaller equipment and in the end the need for proper headlands drew me back to OD's maps. The only other map I've really played is Greenwich Valley (38 hours), though I don't really know why I stopped.

BulletBill not liking FS19 (and a lot of the attitudes in the community) is a huge loss in my opinion, and if Coldborough was in FS19 I'd have undoubtedly spent the longest by far on that. I'm desperately hoping the next FS game is more to his liking and he feels the need to give CPF some renewed goodness.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Spent 98% of my time on Marwell. Haven’t even started with the animals yet.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Thanks for your answers. Interesting to know how you spend your time in FS19. I guess we all have our own way, our own objectives on how to play the game.

For most maps it takes quite a few hours just to get started. To build up a decent farm, with animals and atleast medium sized machines. And after doing all that, you feel a bit reluctant to start it all over again on a new map. On the other hand, there are many well made maps out there, worth giving a go. And varying your working environment now and then, is re-newing and boosting the game fun. That's my view on this.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Don't think I have spent less than 80hrs on a map, that might explain why steam is saying I've clocked up 4,056 hrs to date on FS19, bit of a face palm moment for me when I noticed that. Think it's time I got back to ETS/ATS!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

On 17, I put in over 600 on old Stream farm.

On 19, I have 400+ on Marwell.

Once I find a map to call home, I stick with it. I'll try others here and there just to try them. Osina is currently my no. 2
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

200+ hours or more
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

depends on the map for me.. its going to range from an hour including setup to a few hundred or more for one that I like a lot
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
dazdaman2014

Post by dazdaman2014 »

am up to 400 hrs on oakfield and 50 hours on welker
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

this_is_gav wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:28 am Completely agree. There's a very limited number of mappers who can pull off fictional maps and make them feel believable. In my opinion BulletBill was number one at that (The West Coast), but his best fictional map isn't even available publicly (a TWC-inspired private map).
So much I can relate to in your post! The West Coast is my all-time-favourite map for FS, as its just so well designed. The coastal town and its nearby fields are so realistic that i wouldn't know they were fictional. He really is the master, and i was devastated when I saw he had stopped modding for the public (even FS17), so we can only hope to see him again in the future. I agree about his new map too, i looked at his FB page and it looks absolutely phenomenal, but I understand totally why he doesn't want to release to public, especially regarding the nagging I've seen on his page.

Even so, there is still hope going into the future. FS17 is still on my Hard drive, and gets loaded up regularly (actually, as I write this comment!!), and for 19, Calmsden Farm by OD seems like something to look forward to later on in FS19's life!
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Let me just say this the time I spend on this game if I spent it on starting a new business I probably could buy a real life farm by now. :)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

For me a 100 hours on a map is a lot of time ... I generally play at 5x so that's 500 hours, usually about a 12 hour day so 40-ish days ... on 9 day Seasons, about a year!

I've spent to most time on Oxygen David maps - Chellington, Thornton and Oakfield (although I *think* I remember that Chellington was originally someone else's in FS15 and OD did the conversion? - or do I remember wrong?) and a lot of time on Gwenddyr. On Oakfield I know I did three full years, and at least two on Gwenddyr. This time around I've played a lot on Lipinki - my small tractor map - and now on Dreisternhof.

For some reason I just can't quite gel with BulletBill's maps, entirely my fault not his.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads