Re: John Deere Forage harvester

Post by iwan073 »

I hope not
Ignorance is bliss
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

A few things...

Yes, Kenper has been owned by Deere since 1998 but they operate somewhat independently and I believe the manage brand licensing different. Kemper has been in the series for a while.

For Giants to invlude a Deere forage harvester, I'm almost completely certain they need the rights to do so. While there is a general license, individual products...especially their styling, has trademark rights as well and these carry down for all products, including toys and digital images.

I've said it about a thousand times thus far...more Deere is on the way. No confirmation on what products or how many. Several months ago it was 4-5 and in November. No new information since.

Given the new product releases recently and Agritechnica on the way, I can only assume it all fits together.

A few toy makers have surprise Agritechnica releases coming and ine has said the are not allowed to say anything until Agritechnica. I know Britains has a 1:32 8RX 410 for Agritechnica because I held it in my own two hands. It's not really secret but it hasn't been advertised as public yet

What is new or updated for this year for Deere that could be seen in FS19?
8RX, 8R, 8RT, 7R, 6M
9000 series SPFH
New, unreleased and unannounced combine that is bigger than the new Claas
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I’m surprised they’re not giving away that Krone baler they have in that league thingy of theirs
Ignorance is bliss
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

It's frustrating seeing official models like the Krone baler and the JD/Kemper forage tools and not knowing if they're ever gonna be released.
This is like Giants waving them in front of me and saying nuh-uh you can't have them unless you manage a 300€ trip just to get them or sit down and wait an indeterminate amount of time and we might release them.
I don't like this.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I’d like it better if they would just say; who comes to Hanover gets it in advance, for free.
The rest can get it next month or so. Even if it’s a paid dlc I wouldn’t mind
Ignorance is bliss
eric21

Post by eric21 »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 am It's frustrating seeing official models like the Krone baler and the JD/Kemper forage tools and not knowing if they're ever gonna be released.
This is like Giants waving them in front of me and saying nuh-uh you can't have them unless you manage a 300€ trip just to get them or sit down and wait an indeterminate amount of time and we might release them.
I don't like this.
It will come at some out at somepoint
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

DeereJason wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:42 am Yes, Kenper has been owned by Deere since 1998 but they operate somewhat independently and I believe the manage brand licensing different. Kemper has been in the series for a while.

For Giants to invlude a Deere forage harvester, I'm almost completely certain they need the rights to do so. While there is a general license, individual products...especially their styling, has trademark rights as well and these carry down for all products, including toys and digital images.
The JD 9000 is part of the code giveaway with Kemper. Chris confirmed it yesterday and has changed the descriptions to clarify that.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 am I wonder if the codes that are handed out are all unique or identical...

Cause if they’re all identical... 😈
In FS17 they did the same thing with Horsch pack and the Horsch AgroVation map they released on AgriTechnica, no?
I got a hold of a code somewhere and it worked perfectly, at least a few dozen people probably used that code before I did...
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

DarkStar wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:48 am
iwan073 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 am I wonder if the codes that are handed out are all unique or identical...

Cause if they’re all identical... 😈
In FS17 they did the same thing with Horsch pack and the Horsch AgroVation map they released on AgriTechnica, no?
I got a hold of a code somewhere and it worked perfectly, at least a few dozen people probably used that code before I did...
Yea it was similar with Horsch. All the mods were later uploaded to ModHub. That suggest me, that will be similar this year.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The Horsch map was mod contest?
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:40 am The Horsch map was mod contest?
Yes it was. Check out this Reddit post, it discusses the same situation for the Horsch pack with the Agritechnica download code: https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGameFindin ... grovation/

If it's anything to go by, the JD / Kemper pack will be available on Modhub after Agritechnica, but you can get it early if you can get a code (that someone got) at Agritechnica
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

DarkStar wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:08 am If it's anything to go by, the JD / Kemper pack will be available on Modhub after Agritechnica, but you can get it early if you can get a code (that someone got) at Agritechnica
Thanks for sharing the knowledge, I wasn't aware of this.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Nice things lay ahead of us
Even a 3m seeder!! 😃

Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:12 am Nice things lay ahead of us
Even a 3m seeder!! 😃
Just to make it clear, this won't be a free download or provided for free at Agritechnica. It's most likely the next DLC or for the next game. If it's the next game then that's by far and away the earliest promo ever, so it's almost certainly an upcoming DLC (presumably not free, though who knows).
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I like the look of that plough and press setup.