Focus on the modern farming

this_is_gav

Re: Focus on the modern farming

Post by this_is_gav »

Personally I think it's important to remember where we have come from and it would really help to showcase some of the ultra modern computer-assisted masterpieces, especially so if some of that computer-assistance could be brought in game properly (GPS). Some of the most iconic equipment is from 30-50 years ago.

GIANTS clearly feel the old equipment is important as when they had to make Lizard tractors they made old ones (thinking FS2011 where there were two old Lizard starter tractors and old New Holland and Claas-inspired combines), and every game since has started with old tractors.

If anything, I hope in the future the starting equipment is even older, from the 70s or earlier. It would be good to start with an old open top combine (one which was established in Western countries anyway, rather than Bizon) and perhaps some smaller bales and other small-scale equipment.

In dream land (for me) it would be good if there was a more progressive path, so you start with 50s or 60s equipment (a lot of people would go crazy for a Little Grey Fergie) and then you are able to progress through the 80s and 90s to the present day. Entirely optional for those who only want to play with modern equipment. Of course, that would be mean an impossible level of equipment from GIANTS, but it would be great to have the option to role play the building of a farm from an early stage through to being a thoroughly modern affair. Perhaps one day.

Personal wish list: Massey Ferguson 500 combine, MF35 or MF135 tractor and a MF30 seed drill (draw bar, not 3-point linkage, and with transportation wheels). Ford TW tractors would be up there too, but there's no chance of a license for those.

AgPro Farms wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:52 pm Not trying to sound like a smart-@$%, but it is Farming Simulator 2019 and not Farming Simulator 1975.
Plenty of farms still use old equipment.

On the farm I used to work on there is an old Massey Ferguson 135 from the 60s. I used to lead bales with it, and it's still going now, though needs a bump start to get going as the starter motor has gone... but it's the only tractor of theirs which will fit in an old shed so it can be mucked out.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I really hope that more older stuff will come to the game, PC players have enough tractors and harvesters, but other equipment does not have at all.
So my hopes are on modders, BSM massey pack and so on.

One more thing, here in my country there are hard to find older equipment, 90% equipment is not more older than 15 years.
Basically everybody are leasing new stuff, big stuff and expensive stuff. Just now one farm not far from me bought two brand
new NH CR1090 revelations. Where they get the money? Answer: EU subsidy! So basically if i want to play realistically
in FS19, i need to lease, use subsidy and get the best equipment the money can buy.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

My personal preference is 80s and 90s. A Case 1455XL or any of the Ford's are pretty much my ideal tractor in terms of size and age.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

BearClaw wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 am Quess we are going down that street again and this thread will get som heat but i still havent figured out why Giants only have their focus on the big modern farm equipment in their simulator game, like a brand commercial simulator.

This is a simulator for the new stuff, new shiny modern and huge machines, but how about focusing a bit more on classic old machines and equipment? Just a DLC pack for all that matter, i will gladly pay for it.

I must say that old stuff is a huge part of farming, and they should have their place on a farming simulator. Seems like its all up to the modding community to make the old but gold, some of they do and i appriciate that
Hi pal i agree with all u said why not mod some old equipment if u not a modder pay someone to make some stuff as for Giants bringing older stuff i feel that they are restricted by the brands displaying new and shiny equipment to boost sales why else woukd they be in game but like you im hoping someone does something about this issue heres hoping 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I agree i would like to have some older equipment for my older rustic farms, i like to make my farms feel right, so if its all old buildings, then i use older stuff, if they have new style buildings i use newer stuff... looking forward to seasons where you can allow your equipment to age (console).

However the reasons given here for not having older stuff from giants, i wonder how factual they are, for instance the idea that manufacturers wont let giants make older equipment seems flawed for this reason, as long as giants has the Brand Licence Modders can create any Item of equipment they like, so it only stands to reason that Giants could do the same.

However! i would prefer that giants put more effort into the models that some of the modders do, for instance many modders add opening doors/windows, you can have the option of North American or European fixtures, let hope that giants start including this in their models. i remember the first farm buildings that giants released with the game, if you consider the that one of the main selling points was the fact that you could build your own farm, most of the buildings where and are unusable as the doors don't open, and the ones you could use didn't even have lights.

Just to make it clear, i still love the game, and have over a thousand hours invested into it, not including my modding, ( you can say the game has given me a second Hobby :lol: ) and will definitely be buying FS21, (lets hope they include all the features of seasons in the base game)
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding