Efficient/Fast Forestry for Console (Finally Cracked it)

Timothy1176

Re: Efficient/Fast Forestry for Console (Finally Cracked it)

Post by Timothy1176 »

using the lizard stump grinder tractor to delete trees is tempting....i find myself leasing one whenever i get frusterated which is like every 5 minutes but then my ocd takes over and im like...no ur doing this right lol i cant stand losing money everytime i delete a tree with it
Timothy1176

Post by Timothy1176 »

you can also use the larger sugar cane trailer and do the same thing only dump the wood at the sawmill btw tho with a bigger trailer i tend to up my cuts to 2 meters long
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Timothy1176 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:07 pm does the skid steer load small wood easier than the wheel loaders bc i tell ya ive had nothing but headaches with wheel loaders trying to get small wood in the buckets
Yes. The tracked skid steer is very good for this. It's fast and agile and can lift a lot of weight. Perfect for those on a budget or for those that are having trouble with other equipment. The wheel loader can pick up many trees at once. But it's still kind of buggy with the physics.
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

Timothy1176 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm using the lizard stump grinder tractor to delete trees is tempting....i find myself leasing one whenever i get frusterated which is like every 5 minutes but then my ocd takes over and im like...no ur doing this right lol i cant stand losing money everytime i delete a tree with it
Wait... you can chew up entire trees with a stump grinder?!? :shock: Oh man... that would make clearing certain trees so much less painful!
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'd like to see the Xylochip 500T brought over from FS17, on lone oak I chipped many many truck loads of wood chips using the fiatagri 180-90 with a front loader and rear weight, one cut with the chain saw, move the tree to the Xylochip, up a conveyor into the truck and off to the sale point.

it was nice, no trimming needed, could feed an entire tree at once
Timothy1176

Post by Timothy1176 »

Crazof wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:55 pm I'd like to see the Xylochip 500T brought over from FS17, on lone oak I chipped many many truck loads of wood chips using the fiatagri 180-90 with a front loader and rear weight, one cut with the chain saw, move the tree to the Xylochip, up a conveyor into the truck and off to the sale point.

it was nice, no trimming needed, could feed an entire tree at once
That has been one of my biggest wish lists for this game ....the xylochip was my forestry bread and butter in 17 ....the loading platform was wide and low.... it rarely jammed ...the heating plant and towable chippers we have in fs19 constantly need micromanagement with jams and have much narrower loading areas which doesnt make much sense in a commercial woodchip operation and honestly short of my little shotcut ive posted here it isnt all that viable without that gem piece of equipment
Timothy1176

Post by Timothy1176 »

Stryder87 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 pm
Timothy1176 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm using the lizard stump grinder tractor to delete trees is tempting....i find myself leasing one whenever i get frusterated which is like every 5 minutes but then my ocd takes over and im like...no ur doing this right lol i cant stand losing money everytime i delete a tree with it
Wait... you can chew up entire trees with a stump grinder?!? :shock: Oh man... that would make clearing certain trees so much less painful!
yes the lizard stump grinder tractor in modhub can chew up entire trees and delete them
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

The only problem I personally have with this is the price for chips or 1mtr length cuts is really poor. You will still have a decent income with enough trees, but the potential income from those same trees cut to 6/7/8 meters is much higher.