And I need help, again......

adammac5858

And I need help, again......

Post by adammac5858 »

So I do want to put something in perspective for all you (mostly) fine folks on here. I live in the city, like straight up. Huge suburb, houses and concrete everywhere. Meth heads everywhere......they don't sleep, obviously. Craziness in general all the time. I could throw a rock and hit the non stop traffic on I-70. Just about a year ago there was a rolling gun battle over some of that meth, watched the muzzle flashes from one of the pistols and about s**t myself. I live in Kansas City, MO ten mins from Arrowhead Stadium. GO CHIEFS.

I wasn't always this way, I grew up in a town of around 4,000 people. I was never a real life farmer, closest I ever got was driving a John Deere for my uncle, my wealthy uncle, mowing his enormous yard. It was a closed cab John Deere with a huge brush hog on the back that folded up on the sides. Had a front loader with a shovel for snow. His driveway was roughly a mile long. Kinda like most of your alls I imagine. We used the JD to push it. I really miss driving that JD. I really miss my Uncle Larry too, RIP Unc!

So all that was just to explain why I ask stupid questions. Or mostly stupid questions. My question this week is about the Optional Fertilization mod recently released by Holger Sengstock. I don't understand the description (kinda because of the translation, but mostly because I am drunk.) and am very curious what it is for. Thanks for any info!

PS-I am not drunk, just wanted to make everyone smile. But living in a city with half a million people makes me wonder why I'm not.

Cheers, and happy farming friends........
Oh, and GO CHIEFS. :gamer: :hi:
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
redglasses

Re: And I need help, again......

Post by redglasses »

Removes fert tanks from in game seeders and makes them seed tanks instead. Therefore holding tons more seed.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Am I getting you can use slurry and manure in it too? Do they do that in real life, make them both see tanks? I am assuming they don't actually use manure or slurry in them......
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We just put seed in our 12 row John Deere planter. It has individual seed boxes. We fertilize by putting hog and cow poop on our bean ground and some corn. We put anhydrous on the corn ground, lime, and different kinds of solid fertilizer after we harvest to prepare for next years crop. Plus, we have a crop rotation which helps the soil.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

So realistically you can fill all tanks for seed, got it. But you don't use a seeder to shoot manure or slurry into the ground, right? You use a seperate piece of equipment?
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's correct. Just don't know think it is realistic to put seed in the fertilizer sections because they would feed differently out of the seeder or planter, but it is a game and a way to fit more seed into your seeder or planter.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

adammac5858 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:38 am So realistically you can fill all tanks for seed, got it. But you don't use a seeder to shoot manure or slurry into the ground, right? You use a seperate piece of equipment?
No you don't apply manure or slurry with a planter. If fertilizer goes on with a seeding implement it will almost always be a synthetic product such as dry urea or dry MAP, liquid UAN or phosphate, or nitrogen as anhydrous ammonia. This varies by crop, by seeding system, by farm, and by what region of the world you are operating in. As Illinois Farmer mentions, in some systems no or very little fertilizer is applied at time of seeding, and fertilizer (sometimes in multiple different forms, sometimes all the same product) is applied in separate operations before and/or after seeding.

What the mod description is saying when it makes mention of manure and slurry, (paraphrasing) is "IF you have lots of manure and slurry and cover crops in your rotation in this game, then you might not need or want to use the on-board fertilizer systems on your drill, so this mod makes the use of those on-board systems optional"
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

adammac5858 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:51 am

PS-I am not drunk, just wanted to make everyone smile. But living in a city with half a million people makes me wonder why I'm not.

Half a million - try 10 million !! and yes I am drunk :)
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

That said mod is not for slurry or manure. The description was just an example for why you would use such an implement without the Option of simultanious seeding and fertilizing. another Point is, if you are doing seeding contracts you don't want to fertilize, because you are not getting Paid for it and you would have a bigger amount of seeds in the seeder and do not Need to Refill.

Ingame you can buy the modded seeders and Change the fertilizing-option via your Garage for 0 § - so you don't have any negative side on buying those.

Price an Slots are the same as the original implements…

PS: to get drunk - somebody only Needs 1-2 People (wife and child :lol: ) not me - I was told by a friend :blushnew: (no seriously: I am at work Right now - it is 11 am in Germany)
PS4 und PC
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

adammac5858 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:51 am His driveway was roughly a mile long. Kinda like most of your alls I imagine.
:lol: :biggrin2: Nah, I don't have a driveway, I live in a 3 bed semi-detatched house in a UK suburb. The only people with mile long driveways here are very rich people or people who live WAY off the beaten track.
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:45 am That's correct. Just don't know think it is realistic to put seed in the fertilizer sections because they would feed differently out of the seeder or planter, but it is a game and a way to fit more seed into your seeder or planter.
It's not at all realistic, but I think it's a nice addition, because I rarely put fertiliser in my seeders so that big fertiliser tank going to waste annoys me. I wish the store pages for seeders actually told you the distribution because it's frustrating to buy a 9000L tank seeder and then find out that only 2000L is available for seeds.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I appreciate everyone's feedback, thank you. I downloaded it last night, I am probably gonna uninstall. I try to be as realistic as possible in my virtual world *thumbsup*
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

adammac5858 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 pm I appreciate everyone's feedback, thank you. I downloaded it last night, I am probably gonna uninstall. I try to be as realistic as possible in my virtual world *thumbsup*
The mod is not intrinsically unrealistic. Most modern seeding equipment can be configured to plant with or without fertilizer at time of seeding. Most of them with big bulk seed and fertilizer tanks that distribute to each opener across the tool bar can also be configured with varying proportions of seed and fertilizer, or just seed, to utilize the whole tank.

The main instance that occurs to me where it would not be realistic to use such a setup in game is, as Illinois Farmer notes above, on a planter (usually for corn or beans) that has separate seed and fertilizer hoppers for each row which are plumbed uniquely to only deliver their respective products. With a setup like that it would not be straightforward to use the fertilizer hoppers for additional seed instead of fertilizer. Most older planters are configured this way. Many newer, larger ones are set up with a central bulk tank that distributes across the machine.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Hmmm, maybe I will give her a go. Even then though, one of my favorite things is loading seed pallets onto my trailer with my MF skid steer! Still, I gotta check it out.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I guess I would still be loading pallets, just less often. But more at once, so that's a trade off.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.