Preview: my new seeder, 3m wide???? ....... (no)

Fade2black

Re: Preview: my new seeder, 3m wide???? ....... (no)

Post by Fade2black »

That is one very tidy and useful looking mod.
Thanks very much.
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

The Väderstad Rapid A800S has not failed testing yet, Giants just didn't have time to complete the testing today (Friday 15th November) so the testing will continue next week. I will let you all know if it fails or passes (if it pass you will see it yourself on Modhub though).
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

Thanks for the update, and for making the seeder. It looks like a VERY nice mod and a really useful piece of kit too. Hopefully all goes well with testing. *thumbsup*
Furryshrimp

Post by Furryshrimp »

Hope the seeder has passed today as not on list no more
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

It’s out today and I’ve just used it, it’s brilliant ALL HAIL JENS!!!!!!!!!!
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Thank you.
Yes the Väderstad Rapid A800S is released and available on Modhub for all platforms.

https://www.facebook.com/11476088657142 ... =n&sfns=mo
//Jens Ejvinsson

Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Thank you jens, this is exactly what I’m looking for, I’ve been using the landscaping tool to put permanent tramlines in ,now thanks to you I can put in tramlines every time I sow
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Brilliant just what was needed for my farm, many thanks Jens
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Hi all
I have forgotten to add support for multiplayer on this seeder. I will try to get that fixed as soon as possible. Unless Giants can fix it for me, I will send an update for testing tomorrow.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
//Jens Ejvinsson

kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Great work mate. Will pick it up next time in game. Will be my #1 seeder from now on.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I predict asyvan to be one of our up and coming modders that will stand out as one of the best in the time to come. Always very clean and good looking (and well working) mods with some thought behind them

Mark my words, keep this up and you will be granted a place in (FS) history, my friend!
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

It’s a very beautiful model, everything looks great and I love to have this available, but — and unfortunately there is a small but — as soon as I read the description on the website I got a bad feeling in my stomach. I downloaded the mod in game and went to a field while silently wishing “please don’t be a loop, please don’t be a loop, please don’t be a loop”, but it was a loop… :sadnew:

It loops between: Tramlines OFF, Narrow Tramlines, Normal Tramlines and Wide Tramlines.

This is bad. It means you have to open the help screen every single time you want to toggle tramlines and that might happen 40-50 times while drilling a large field. This really needs to be two different keys: One input binding that toggle tramlines on/off and another that loops between narrow, normal and wide. You set it once and forget it¹ and all you need to worry about is whether tramlines is currently² on or off.

Another small thing: The fact that the drill always cultivate while being lowered is very realistic, and the right way, but it leaves very little room for mistakes in this game. Imagine missing a spot in the middle of a field (or someone messing up on multiplayer) and not notice it until all tramlines have been put in, including the headland. There is no way to “fix” this without leaving a cultivated area in the field using this drill. Of course in a perfect world, and a perfect game, you don’t make such mistakes, but it is a small annoyance that make me miss the way in which base game direct drills behave. It is not as realistic, but much more relaxing and at the same time making it feasible to drill the headlands first.

I hope you’ll reconsider the controls in a future update. It would make this great mod into an absolutely amazing mod. Keep up the great work *thumbsup*

¹) Even better if this preference could be saved for the current savegame. In fact, why not configure this at the time of purchase in the store?

²) Figuring out whether tramlines is currently on or off can by itself be difficult. I hope you’ll consider animating the actual tramline markers in a future update as this would make it much easier to quickly see the current state.
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

michaelr wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Hi
Thank you for your input.

I am on PC and I can not replicate your problem with looping work mode. It should work on any platform, PC and Console, as the work mode is a standard game feature and used in other vehicles as well... like the default Krone BigM 450 mower.

Regarding the cultivating part: Missing a spot in the middle of the field can easily be fixed by raising the seeder, going to the spot, lowering the seeder, turn it on (with or without tramlines) and rerun that spot.
//Jens Ejvinsson

adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Thank you for all your hard work Jens. And THANK YOU so much for making this console compatible. I tip my hat, once again hahaha, to you.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

asyvan wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 pm I am on PC and I can not replicate your problem with looping work mode.
The issue is that there is no way of knowing which tramlines you have currently selected, without looking in the help screen (F1). As you have to activate/disable tramlines repeatedly many, many times during drilling this becomes really frustrating. The loop should only be between on/off, not narrow/normal/wide as you then have to constantly check which one it actually is.

That’s why a loop between so many possibilities is a bad choice for this feature. It’s not a problem with the looping work mode itself, but this particular use.

To replicate, try this: Hide the help screen (F1), start drilling and make tramlines at every third pass. Keep the help screen hidden and try selecting the right work mode blindly while also keeping track of the number of passes. The more passes you make, the more obvious my point (hopefully) becomes :gamer:

asyvan wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 pm Regarding the cultivating part: Missing a spot in the middle of the field can easily be fixed by raising the seeder, going to the spot, lowering the seeder, turn it on (with or without tramlines) and rerun that spot.
But as soon as you lift the seeder again, after rerunning that spot, it leaves a new spot that is only cultivated. It becomes a never ending story :biggrin2:
Last edited by michaelr on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.