Fifty1990

Re: Minibrunn

Post by Fifty1990 »

That i did not do.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

These signs are such an awesome touch. I love how it ties all these maps into a single world. This kind of thing really makes the game/map so much more enjoyable. :mrgreen:

I do have a couple of questions:
I'm guessing 'brunn' has a meaning in German(?) since it seems to be used frequently. What does it mean?
What does "Stadt Felsbrunn" mean?
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

I was noticing what looks like water showing through the starter fields that I combined. When I'm a distance away (as in the picture), it shows through, but as I get closer the fields finish rendering and they disappear. What could be causing this?

This reminds me of another question that had been posted before... how do I increase the draw distance? It was mentioned in an old thread to change a line in two .xml game files, but I checked both of them (that I could find) and those lines don't exist in either file (I think it was 'drawrate' or 'drawdistance'). I'm not home right now to check the filenames.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Stadt is City and Brunn means Well or Spring. Google helped me out with the above.
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Stryder87 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:59 pm These signs are such an awesome touch. I love how it ties all these maps into a single world. This kind of thing really makes the game/map so much more enjoyable. :mrgreen:

I do have a couple of questions:
I'm guessing 'brunn' has a meaning in German(?) since it seems to be used frequently. What does it mean?
What does "Stadt Felsbrunn" mean?
It has something to do with the German word "Brunnen", thats in English a well. I have chosen the name "Minibrunn", because the map uses the assets of Felsbrunn and its just mini in size. :lol: First of all, it was just a working title, but my kids loved this name, so I decided to keep it. But in fact, Minibrunn has no well. :lol: I thin, i have to add one. :gamer:

"Stadt Felsbrunn" on the sign means, that Minibrunn is a part of Felsbrunn's city administration. It doesnt have any special relevance, its just a typical German town sign.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:18 pm Stadt is City and Brunn means Well or Spring. Google helped me out with the above.
And that would be a facepalm for me for not thinking to Google it myself! :blushnew:
I really gotta quit doing five things at a time... I just don't multitask as well as I used to! :mrgreen:
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Stryder87 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:05 pm I was noticing what looks like water showing through the starter fields that I combined. When I'm a distance away (as in the picture), it shows through, but as I get closer the fields finish rendering and they disappear. What could be causing this?
[…]
What you see are some puddles between the fields. The puddles are just a soil texture like grass or dirt and aren't removed when combining fields. You can just paint grass over it with the landscaping tools and the puddles are gone.

Stryder87 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:05 pm […]
This reminds me of another question that had been posted before... how do I increase the draw distance? It was mentioned in an old thread to change a line in two .xml game files, but I checked both of them (that I could find) and those lines don't exist in either file (I think it was 'drawrate' or 'drawdistance'). I'm not home right now to check the filenames.
This must be the lines you are searching for in the game.xml. But I dont know if changing has any effect if you are already at the maximum (2.000000).

Code: Select all

<scalability>
	<viewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</viewDistanceCoeff>
	<lodDistanceCoeff>2.000000</lodDistanceCoeff>
	<foliageViewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</foliageViewDistanceCoeff>
<scalability>
Meine LS22-Mods

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

TopAce888 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:32 pm
This must be the lines you are searching for in the game.xml. But I dont know if changing has any effect if you are already at the maximum (2.000000).

Code: Select all

<scalability>
	<viewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</viewDistanceCoeff>
	<lodDistanceCoeff>2.000000</lodDistanceCoeff>
	<foliageViewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</foliageViewDistanceCoeff>
<scalability>
I'll check that out when I get home after work. Thanks!

Oh, and you're kids are right... Minbrunn is an awesome name! haha :mrgreen:
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

It's working. *thumbsup* I tried ridiculous 800% view distance, 8xMSAA and 200% resolution scale. That looks really nice...but its unplayable with about 25fps (Ryzen 5 2600x w/ GTX1080) :lol:

But as soon, as you change some settings, everythings overwritten.
Meine LS22-Mods

Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

TopAce888 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:42 am It's working. *thumbsup* I tried ridiculous 800% view distance, 8xMSAA and 200% resolution scale. That looks really nice...but its unplayable with about 25fps (Ryzen 5 2600x w/ GTX1080) :lol:

But as soon, as you change some settings, everythings overwritten.
Man that looks good! I have my in-game settings maxed already, so which of those settings in the file did you change, and to what? I don't know what they are and what the 2.00000 would equate to.

I'd like to throw my GeForce 1660Ti 6Gb at it and make it scream! :mrgreen:
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

The ingame settings are percent, the settings file has decimal values: 0.5 = 50%, 1.0 = 100%, 1.5 = 150%, 2.0 = 200% and so on.

I just changed all of the settings from my previous post to 8.0. Dont do that! It will kill your 1660Ti. :shock: No, it wont :lol: It will just kill your FPS. :lol: I think foliageViewDistance ist the most performance eating setting, then viewDistance and at last lodDistance.
Last edited by TopAce888 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meine LS22-Mods

Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

I love reading the stuff you PC players post . . . . . . . . . . I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about most of the time 🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Hope, you dont start crying when you get back at your console. :lol: :wink3:
Meine LS22-Mods

TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Hey guys, what would you like to see? Another map with the assets from Felsbrunn or completely different with the stuff from Ravenport? Im just thinking about a new map (which I'm hopefully going to start in January) and what it should look like.
Meine LS22-Mods

Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

TopAce888 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:41 pm Hey guys, what would you like to see? Another map with the assets from Felsbrunn or completely different with the stuff from Ravenport? Im just thinking about a new map (which I'm hopefully going to start in January) and what it should look like.

Fellsbrunn gets my vote , ravenport is good for the long haul but not as easy to play as fellsbrunn which is a easy to settle in almost immediately to get going
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !