Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Lucass

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Lucass »

Lucass wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm Lone Oak, field 22 (originally grass).
I bought this field, mowed the grass. Then I plowed it, limed it and planted the grass again - if I remember correctly at the end of summer. Now I have the last day of autumn and the grass growth is only 33%. Field is 100% fertilized.
Indeed, all summer and autumn there was very little rain and the soil was 9% moisture most of the time.
I have 6-day season.
I sowed grass on version 1.0.1.0. and I switched to beta build 37 in the 5th day of autumn but grass is still 33% growth (however last night was raining, soil is over 30% moisture).
Is it normal that grass is only 33% growth after such a long time?
Installed beta 38, then 39 nad grass is still 33% :( (1st day of winter now).
I hope it will be better next year...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Grass doesnt grow during winter, it will stay at 33% until mid spring.
Fast forward time to the next summer and it should be 100% growth.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

I understand that during winter grass does not grow, but as I mentioned, I sowed it at the end of summer.
Perhaps this is because it was quite dry all summer and almost all autumn.
Ps. How long (in Seasons) the grass growth?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

It grows through transitions, each transition increase growth by 33%.
For example, it will be ready 100% at early summer,once you harvest it at early summer, it will be ready to cut again in early autumn (early summer 100%, you harvest it, it goes back to 0%, then mid summer 33%, late summer 66%, early autum 100%),then again, once you harvest it at early autumn, it will be ready again next year at early summer. (grass doesnt grow after its being harvested in autumn)
IF you are on PC, download Fast Forward mod x6000 and try to fast forward and see if grass grows.

Dont fast forward too much, give it some time to sync, fast forward only 1 day (24 hours) then wait and repeat this, you should be able to see grass growth.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Sounds correct to me. The grass needs one transition to go from brown to green, then grow to 33% on the next transition. You only get two transitions from late summer to end of autumn.

Apparently grass growth is under development, so I hope we will at least be able to have two 100% mows per year in the future.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

bojanh66 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:26 am It grows through transitions, each transition increase growth by 33%.
For example, it will be ready 100% at early summer,once you harvest it at early summer, it will be ready to cut again in early autumn (early summer 100%, you harvest it, it goes back to 0%, then mid summer 33%, late summer 66%, early autum 100%),then again, once you harvest it at early autumn, it will be ready again next year at early summer. (grass doesnt grow after its being harvested in autumn)
IF you are on PC, download Fast Forward mod x6000 and try to fast forward and see if grass grows.

Dont fast forward too much, give it some time to sync, fast forward only 1 day (24 hours) then wait and repeat this, you should be able to see grass growth.
So... maybe I was wrong writing that I sowed the grass at the end of summer, but it was at early autumn :hmm: Now, I'm not sure.
However, even if I sowed in early autumn, it should grow to 66% to late autumn - right? ...unless the reason is actually too much drought.
Thank you for explanation bojahn66
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

My honest suggest to you is : do some fast forwarding until next early summer, it should be 100% ready.
Harvest just a few meters, then again fast forward until early autumn, it should be 100% ready.
Apparently grass growth is under development, so I hope we will at least be able to have two 100% mows per year in the future.
Grass growth has been fixed in some of previous beta builds, 35 or 36, i cant recall.

So it is possible now to have 2x full 100% harvest if you use latest beta build.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

bojanh66 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:36 am Grass growth has been fixed in some of previous beta builds, 35 or 36, i cant recall.

So it is possible now to have 2x full 100% harvest if you use latest beta build.
Happy to hear. So if I understand you correctly, with the update we will see grass grow every transition?

I believe my comment will explain the behaviour Lucass has experienced, though, if he only installed the beta build at a later time. In the current released version, 33% sounds correct to me.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Even is modhub Seasons , grass has growth 33% every transition, but it was bugged between autumn and next year summer.
More on that in this thread:
https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... issues/365
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Short question.
Are seasons altering anything with mission salarys and if so, how do I edit that away to restore it to fs19 defaults?

Cheers
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Build 40.
Every time when quit to main menu after save, the game freeze with black screen.
When I back to build 39, there is no problem.
Anyone noticed this?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yep :(
ive thought at first that some mod was breaking the game, but its actually seasons.
time to go back to build 39 and wait for build 41 release with fix
ive opened issue on gitlab, so pls post there.
https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... issues/493
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Build 41 is released and black screen on quiting is fixed.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

I thought with Seasons you couldn't turn off weeds? when was the toggle added back in?
PC & Xbox One
JJ'O'KREDARCA

Post by JJ'O'KREDARCA »

Hello,
Can someone explain to me, how do i apply build version of season to my game? Maybe a stupid question, so accept my apologise.
Tia. Have a nice day