Fs17

PrincessJessi84

Re: Fs17

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I used to hear the fs17 music in my sleep.. even my stepson who doesn't play fs can hum the tune lololol.. there was something annoyingly catchy about it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Also how can you live without being able to preview equipment
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

No. Since I have started 19 a few months ago I have had zero desire to go back to 17.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

For me, without mods the game doesn’t reach its full potential.

17 With MR, Seasons, GPS, Geabox etc really outperforms 19 for me, even with mods. Seasons has become more immersive in 19, but I don’t like the graphic changes it makes too much. Hmm...

....But wait. All I just said was about mods. Whoops. Well erm in that case... they’re not comparable for me. I play 17 when I want realism and the ultimate graphical experience,
Last edited by EyesJoshuaMF on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

FS17 was mostly a copy/paste of FS15 but the modding community gave to FS17 the status of a nice Farming Simulator game; so many activities with plenty of factories, for example sawmill, potato washer, Fliegl palette filling etc .

FS19 was a boost forward ; the freedom to establish the farm in any location we want, the ability to choose how to deal with placeables, etc. Add to that the support from modding community and steady FS19 became the best Farming Simulator game in Giants history.

We humans don't like changes and we mostly prefer the way we used to, that is why many players had doubts about FS19 but if you ask them now they would definitely answer that they prefer FS19.

FS19 is on another dimension; the freedom you have as a player to plan and create the farm with any way you want, landscape and roads creation and so on.

Next year, Giants will release FS21, probably Seasons will be in the base game. If they give us a bulldozer in order to demolish the junk things we don't want, or use the bulldozer to remove a rock from the middle of a field, if they will give us 100% freedom, then the flop game Kattles and Krops will go bankrupt !!!!!

Happy Farming everybody :)

( P.S . No need to mention that what I wrote is JUST my personal opinion and of course I never claim I am correct )
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

EyesJoshuaMF wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:59 pm
17 With MR, Seasons, GPS, Geabox etc really outperforms 19 for me, even with mods. Seasons has become more immersive in 19, but I don’t like the graphic changes it makes too much. Hmm...
I still strongly prefer 17 for basically this same reason. I've tried 19 several times but can't get into it for most of the same reasons listed in several posts above. I recognize that it's mostly mods that make 17 as awesome as it is, but the fact remains that those mods exist for 17 and they don't for 19, and those mods are what I like the most.

The lighting in 19 gives everything such a weird cartoony plastic sheen that I just can't find the graphics better than 17, even though I know by technical standards they are. The square, clunky, clockwork shadows are also bizarre.

The new lime and weeds and placeables systems should have been great, but they have plenty of quirks. Seasons 19 is absolutely amazing, but has plenty of bugs yet to work out, whereas Seasons 17 is stable and tweaked and just fantastic. This is not a slight against Realismus at all - they are doing outstanding work fixing the problems and the reason there are problems is because the scope of their ideas are so broad and so fantastic that it takes a HUGE amount of work to get all the wrinkles out of the implementation. But it takes time.

If it had just been possible to implement a version of soilmod in 17 in addition to Seasons, it would have left very very little more to ask for in a really cool game. 19 sort of did some of this but also went backward in a few areas at the same time and wasn't a net improvement from my perspective.

Anyway, to each his own. My baby girls just loooooove riding horses in 19, and it's way easier for dad to saddle them up in FS than it is to go out to the real barn when it's -20 outside :biggrin2:
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I agree that 19 feels way too cartoony. 17 felt more real to me. Also as mentioned above, there's something about the music in 17 that just draws you in. I also liked in 17 the fact you owned everything on the map by default, besides the fields. I could cut down any tree I wanted.

With all that said I still couldnt go back to playing fs17 now. 19 is just better overall now that so many mods are out. Just my opinion.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Vfarms wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am Am I the only one who thinks it's a better game? I can't be alone right?
Your definitely not alone.

Myself and quite a lot of my friends still play Fs17 regularly.

I've found that since Fs19 came out Fs17 can feel a little dated at times which does take away from its enjoyment, but Fs19 doesn't do enough to make me want to play it either. So the end result is neither game is good enough.

Fs17 feels better balanced but slightly dated. Fs19 has certain aspects that looks really nice, but it falls flat in other areas which spoils the overall game too much.

I've noticed far more people still playing Fs17 even 12 months into the Fs19 release. A year into Fs17 release there was still some people playing Fs15, 13 and 11 but not the same numbers as now.

If your happy playing Fs17 then enjoy doing so for as long as you want.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

i still play both even with pros and cons *thumbsup*
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

I think it’s still a good game on its own merits. It’s like all older games we chose to play. We play them because they hold good memories for us. But 17 is only good for me in the sense that there is 3 mods on there that are yet to come to 19. 19 is leagues ahead of 17 in every single way. Graphics are simply amazing. Yes the sky and lighting is not as good as it could have been but map makers are making their own lighting so that’s that problem fixed and as for the sky, other then the sunsets we got on the likes on loanoak on 17 (if you have not seen them you are missing out) I never look up at the sky really. I’ve never really gotten what the big fuss is all about. The sky is the sky just get on with it lol. The driving of the machines feel way better then they did in 17. Seasons in 19 is awesome but if I’m honest I actually like season better in 17. I’ve tried going back to 17 and I last all of 10 mins before I’m back on 19. But it’s all about preference. We will no doubt have This very same discussion when the next fs game is here. It’s just what we do. It’s nostalgic. Either way I say play the games that you like to play. Should never have to feel like you have to justify yourself to anyone. I myself absolutely love the lego games. I own almost all of them. Some will laugh and say your a grown man. But I don’t care. I think they are absolutely fantastic. Play what makes you happy and makes you smile I say 🤗🤗
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I still go back to FS17 but not as much lately. In order to run FS19 I had to upgrade to a better computer and that was an eye opener for me. FS17 suddenly became a vibrant game and I was hooked on Lone Oak and it is my opinion the FS17 version Lone Oak is visually better than the new FS19 version. So I do still return to FS17 just for Lone Oak occasionally.

As others have said there was the initial scarcity of good mods along with some maps at the start of FS19 but that has really changed and so my switching back to FS17 is less and less. The neat thing is the upgraded computer I bought can run both versions at the same time without any apparent performance loss.

All in all I am happy with both products and play it way too much. :mrgreen:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:15 am
Holy cow are you THE bulletbill? I have too many hours into the west coast. Great map. Thank you.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
wombles

Post by wombles »

Both games have pro's and cons, for me FS19 has a couple that I love too much such as having an all Friesian herd, and the changes that Realismus has made with season's to the animals. At the end of the day it's a game meant for enjoyment and if 17 is bringing that why wouldn't you play it. I still play Battle Zone on my Atari 2600 every now and then ;).
wombles

Post by wombles »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:15 am I've found that since Fs19 came out Fs17 can feel a little dated at times which does take away from its enjoyment, but Fs19 doesn't do enough to make me want to play it either. So the end result is neither game is good enough.
When I started to read that sentence I must admit my change from daily sacrifices to the god's too voodoo was starting to work BIll :lol: .
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

wombles wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:26 am When I started to read that sentence I must admit my change from daily sacrifices to the god's too voodoo was starting to work BIll :lol: .
:lol:

At the moment the thought of making an Fs19 map is just too depressing and feels pointless.
Everytime we get a new version of Farm Sim it takes modders a while to work out and understand how things have changed from the previous versions.
By the time we start to get a handle on things and can start to make real improvements to the game GIANTs won't be far off hyping up Fs21 and it's nearly back to square one again.

Two things could help with that.

1) GIANTS could release modding info straight after the release to us so we can get up to speed quicker. That's dependant on whether GIANTS actually want to help modders or want to justify the man hours into that aspect.

2) GIANTS could extend the game development cycle from 2 years to 3 or 4. Giving themselves more time to make bigger changes and make sure those changes are finished at release. Also giving modders a chance to find more ways of improving the game. Dependant on publisher (Focus) contractual agreements.

If nothing changes then it's quite possible we will still get plenty of people playing Fs17, and Fs19 even when Fs21 has been out for a while.

If the aspects of one particular version of the game appeal to you a lot, but then they are worse or missing completely in the next game it's going to make you stay with what you like.

I occasionally fire up many older games as they still have something a lot of newer games don't. Immersion.
Last edited by BulletBill on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU