Just how close to reality are we ?

Barrcott

Just how close to reality are we ?

Post by Barrcott »

CASE already have an automated systems tractor out there doing its thing all GPS & programmed to work large acreages , but if one man can fly a drone thousands of miles away ( albeit looking for bad guys to kill) how close are we from armchair tractor drivers controlling a fleet of tractors ? Are the youngsters of today being surreptitiously trained to farm the future by playing these games ?

Whoops, getting a bit heavy there , time for a coffee & a lie down 😄
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
reallogger

Re: Just how close to reality are we ?

Post by reallogger »

How would you know that you are not controlling a RL tractor through the game? Ender did not know when training finished did he..
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Mostly by the number of crashes I have in FS19 ... unless the RL tractors behave like oversized Tonka toys too? :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

reallogger wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am How would you know that you are not controlling a RL tractor through the game? Ender did not know when training finished did he..
If that's the case, the driver in the seat of the tractor I'm controlling is having a real bad day 😄😄
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

The Case tractor is a concept vehicle it likely will not be in production for many years.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

reallogger wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am How would you know that you are not controlling a RL tractor through the game? Ender did not know when training finished did he..
God I hope not.... whichever farm in the world whom owns the John Deere Cotton Picker I just accidentally drove over the cliff because I wasn't paying attention isn't going to be very happy with GIANTS Software for giving me control of the thing. :lol: :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Maybe that’s why we are having so many land slides all over the world. It’s all of us lot using the landscaping tool 😱😱😱😱
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It would help explain some of the accidents you see on YouTube..
CSGamer

Post by CSGamer »

reallogger wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would help explain some of the accidents you see on YouTube..
Hi reallogger, is there any guide on how to add the mud to different maps, I noticed you had a part in making/converting in the lua file in emerald coast and Nebraska, thank you for your work!!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The police must be raking in those tickets, probably just waiting for that grain truck to fly by :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Eische

Post by Eische »

Autonomous tractors/machines like the Case one are just working concepts as of now. The controlling systems need to develop further along with the legal guidelines/requirements to be spread out to the fields. Biggest problem is to define how a vehicle should react in case an obstacle/person is detected inside a critical area. There are so many parameters to handle and decisions to be done before the vehicle is able to react properly.

And as of now, those systems are just not developed enough...read as not save enough.
But yes. One driver controlling/supervising a fleet of machines on one field will be the future. Today one of the biggest problem is to find well trained/experienced drivers. As the payment and the job environment are not so appealing to many people, working in the agricultural sector is not really attractive.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Jd has had an autonomous lawn mower out for at least 3 years now. They have also been testing driving a tractor on a iPad while in the tractor for at least 5 years now.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

Barrcott wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:42 am ... time for a coffee & a lie down
Ok, that gave me a good chortle. I'm stealing that! :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
Jd2140

Post by Jd2140 »

Eische wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:01 pm Autonomous tractors/machines like the Case one are just working concepts as of now. The controlling systems need to develop further along with the legal guidelines/requirements to be spread out to the fields. Biggest problem is to define how a vehicle should react in case an obstacle/person is detected inside a critical area. There are so many parameters to handle and decisions to be done before the vehicle is able to react properly.

And as of now, those systems are just not developed enough...read as not save enough.
But yes. One driver controlling/supervising a fleet of machines on one field will be the future. Today one of the biggest problem is to find well trained/experienced drivers. As the payment and the job environment are not so appealing to many people, working in the agricultural sector is not really attractive.
Something that I’ve often thought about with all types of self driving vehicles ,is if they were to crash and cause damage or even worse harm ,who would be responsible ? Would it be the person who owns it ? the manafacture ? or the software developer ? Because to me if technically your not driving it and something goes wrong would it be your fault ??? Just something I’ve wondered since it all came about 😀
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Its definitely will happen...look at the auto driving trucks already in testing by Mercedes. Its just a matter of time. Humans are obsolete in the future.

Cheers!

-Skynet