Once You find *YOUR* map...

norfolk farmer

Re: Once You find *YOUR* map...

Post by norfolk farmer »

wombles wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:36 am

I just couldn't for the life of me think why I wasn't enjoying Oakfield the same way as I was in FS17, maybe this is the reason. It's not that I didn't give it a good go, but it just didn't give me that same homely feeling as in 17. I'm now back on Marwell and loving it.

I'm starting too worry about Oxy's future release of Thornton Farm, I really loved that map on FS17. I hope that it was a one off with me on Oakfield.
Oakfield was the map I played most in 17 and I'm the same as you it just doesn't have the same feeling. What I'm really looking forward too is when Oxy gets his brand new map up and running. When Sandy Bay comes that will also be a new one for me as I didn't play it in 17.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Same Sandy Bay was one that I missed, played CPF, Thornton and then Oakfield and bit of Shamrock Valley took me into FS19. Fingers crossed.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Starting over is when a new FS is released🤓🤓
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Have yet to find a map that I would call home on 19.
In fact since westbridge hills on 15, I can't find a map that compares
Console here... Thus my problem
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Jagtractor wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:59 pm Have yet to find a map that I would call home on 19.
Yeah. I miss Westbridge. :(
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Riven326 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:08 pm
Jagtractor wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:59 pm Have yet to find a map that I would call home on 19.
Yeah. I miss Westbridge. :(
Yup. As much as I miss it though I don't want to play it again. The terrain editing would add a little excitement to the map but I've probably put on around 600+ hrs on that map and I've worn it out. Think of it as being stranded on an island for 4 years and only being able to eat fish. After I get rescued I don't ever want to see fish again. But as I sit on my couch every night, I think about fish and how well it tasted. I start to wonder why there isn't another type of food that could capture my attention the way fish once did.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Seen to keep getting drawn back to mercury farms & medowgrove & of course fellsbrun for the odd 'not much time's session& it's my default base game multiplayer map would love to get into welker /Tuscan lands or lone oak but can't seem to get motivated on them
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

Since 19' has been released. I hadn't found the map that i can call it "home" til seneca county released with drying corn script couple weeks ago. I just started putting more hours into this map more than I've spent my time in others map. On my first purchase 4640 John Deere tractor for my farm has 33 hours and still plan on putting more hours into it. 1 year of searching for the "home" has ended til 21' comes out unless there is a new map that might steal my heart and time.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

No, the farm typically gets too big to manage solo and I get sick of it. If courseplay/Helper AI were better I'd probably play longer.
Gamling

Post by Gamling »

In FS17 it was Goldcrest Valley, BallinCraig Estate and Estancia Lapacho i played most. Now it's Felsbrunn and Estancia Lapacho, but i haven't found THE map yet for FS19.
Glorious PC gaming master race. :biggrin2:
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Didn't want to start a new thread so dug this topic backup & yes I think I've finally found 'my' map, I'll keep playing the others of course but I've managed to get started on 'this is Ireland' & wow it's great ,its basically all my favourites all in one .

It's one map I've kept revisiting to see where to make a start but think I've got my role-play balanced enough in my head to get going, I thought Sussex was great but not enough to to hold me long term, same as shamrock & France & Greenwich they're great but very much one thing or the other ' Ireland seems to offer every bit of each , I just hope my attention span can cope 😄
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I keep going back to Marwell. I try new maps and just can't get traction. Meaning I can't find a reasons to keep going. Lone Oak, I have tried at least five times, but there is no enjoyment there. I guess I will be married to Marwell then. almost 500 hours in now.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I've spent the last 2 months or so trying to find a new home....
I think i finaly found it on Hinterkaifeck (awailible from modding welt)
It really can be a pain in the you know where trying to find a new home. I've been trough a lot of maps, revisited ones i've tried before, and still have tried more... I can invest 5-6 hours on a map, and find that i just don't have the feeling for it, and then over til the next one. It really can be a struggle.
Other times i've been right at home on first try.
I tri to have 2 different savegames running, one big map, and one for a smaller operation. At the moment i'm favouring the Hinterkaifeck to get setteled here (have bought the sheep farm btw), have spent a ton of time on wester aus. and been struggeling to set up a new big operation. Map doesn't have to be hudge, as long as it fits for bigger equiptment. Tried Lone Oak, spent arrounf 40 hours, but just couldn't settle inn there in 19 either. Tried Green River again, same there, witch is a shame, they are good maps.

Once i finaly get to settle inn, it's all good, and the Zetor must be present (old 77), then i set up for what i plan to do, might take a long time getting all the equiptment, i try to not exceed a loan on 600.000, though i must sometimes extend that. (on Hinterkaifeck i'm up on 450.000 now, but have it seet up pretty good for the next few years i hope)
Setup is usualy a smal Zetor, with trailer, sprayer and smal plow, a medium+ tractor (now the Same titan from modhub) for hauling and moving duty, and a larger for seeding (Claas 870) and a bigger plow.
Now i'm setting up for the sheeps, with a smaller arrable operation on the side.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I've been looking for a map for about 6 months. I find that I either like the feel of the map, but hate farming it because the helper is so bad and can't deal with irregular fields, or I like farming it, but the map feels bland; being unable to keep my interest. I am also still looking for a "farm your way" map instead of a "farm my way" map that most modders are producing.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

The valley the old farm - and its coming to FS19 soon !!! ooh yeah :)