Fs17

wombles

Re: Fs17

Post by wombles »

I do agree Bill, for a company that relies heavily on modders they really don't help them as much as they should. I play HoI, CK, and EU from Paradox and they go out of there way to help modders, because it keeps their games alive. Then people are interested in buying DLC when released for that game too.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

And now this completely proves my point about why BulletBill is on his sob story about FS19 - he wasn't given the "access" that he had with FS17. Mic drop.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

wiseguy49 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:43 pm And now this completely proves my point about why BulletBill is on his sob story about FS19 - he wasn't given the "access" that he had with FS17. Mic drop.
You love trolling modders. First mappers paradise and now bulletbill. You probably do it more often on other site. You realize without modders this game isn't as good?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

You should probably pick the mic back up as you have just opened up a can of worms.. I suspect this thread is doomed to be locked soon(ish) after the fighting starts.. You know, if you dont have anything to actually add to the discussion, probably best to just not say anything at all as opposed to completely derailing a good topic because you like to pick fights with people over no good reason.. Just like with the OP, if BB likes fs17 better, its his right as a paying customer to enjoy that game as long as he wants and he doesnt owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why. No mic drop here.. Ill just see myself to the "door"
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:50 pm
You love trolling modders. First mappers paradise and now bulletbill. You probably do it more often on other site. You realize without modders this game isn't as good?
No I don't "love" trolling modders. I am the people's hammer and when I see a bunch of stuff I'm going to call people on it. I've been saying for months ever since BB went on his hate fs19 tirade I said it was because he didn't have the access to GIANTS that he had when FS17 came out. In case people forgot, they helped him get his Coldborough Park farm out for FS17 within a month of launching the game. This didn't happen with 19.

In the case of Mappers Paradise, they are old and past their prime. Sure they made some great maps, but it's been over for awhile. Look at Welker Farms - you think if they played the map even for 10 hours they would have had all the BUGS that map had? Please... You think we'll ever see a MN Millennial Farmer map?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You are not the peoples hammer. You could just keep your mouth shut and worry about yourself versus calling out modders that put all this work of their free time into things that you can enjoy. How many mods have you created? How many maps have you made?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

0 mods - plenty of edits.

Maps - Between fs17 and fs19 - I’ve done 5, all 4x.

How many have I shared with you? 0 because people like you is what make this community toxic.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

wiseguy49 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:43 pm And now this completely proves my point about why BulletBill is on his sob story about FS19 - he wasn't given the "access" that he had with FS17. Mic drop.
I do love how some people seem to think they know more about me than I know myself. :lol:

As for the "access" you mention...

Myself and several other modders (feel free to go and "people hammer" them as well "wiseguy" wouldn't want you leave them out. :lol: ) were approached by GIANTS 2 weeks before the release of Fs17 about converting our popular Fs15 mod maps to Fs17, primarily for consoles so that GIANTS could make console players happy by having access to mod maps early on.

Marc Schweglar (Lead Producer GIANTS) was my main contact. Who I found very pleasant to work with and very enthusiastic about the whole project.
The main help he provided was during the console testing phase as it was the first time it was being tested and used by GIANTS with regards a mod map.
As for actual modding info help I didn't have any info from GIANTS, as the switch from Fs15 to Fs17 was quite small in the amount of changes as far as mod mapping. Myself and other modders worked out the changes ourselves.
The biggest issue we found was getting the tipCols to work when tipping material on the ground.

I do find it amusing how bothered you get by myself that over several years you continue to post abrasive, troll like comments towards me.

I've been enjoying this topic reading everyones thoughts about Fs17 versus Fs19 and what they find matters most to them.
Shame you had to come and spoil it... *thumbsup*
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

I really want to be engulfed in FS19, but I just can't.

As far as the game is concerned it lacks a certain charm 17 had. Partly to blame is the plastic appearance of everything and the colors and lighting. The colors seem very harsh to me and hurt my eyes after a period. Beyond the appearance, I can't think of a feature that was added that didn't come with a drawback. The big ticket items were placeables, which were dreadful for a long time. Farm yards look 'boxy' and don't feel lived in. Horses were the other item of the day but they're awful. Just hop on and sprint around every day, that's it. They introduced JD which is awesome, but if you're on console you can't have more than a model or two on your farm without sacrificing other equipment due to their slot-heavy nature.

I think the community has shifted away from realistic and charming. We had West Coast, Ballincraig, Altenstein, classic tractors, and maps designed which beauty and charm. Most 19 maps are boxy, and without soul. The playerbase seems to eat that up though so maybe I just need to get with the program. The active community on the forums are either white nights or haters. If the game was great these forums would be far more pleasant. If Giant's had better community coordination these forums would be less tense.

My last disappointment is Giant's themselves. They've fallen far out of my favor. I'm not sure if they lack direction, leadership, or a work ethic, but their performance lately is disappointing. The release was a buggy nightmare. So much equipment that we had last game was released post-launch as in-game mods (not a big deal on PC, but mod space is limited on console). I can't find a new feature that seems they poured their souls into creating it, everything has drawbacks. Instead of getting seasons out for the console playerbase, they have their attention eSports and vacations. I could go on, but the point is I'm not convinced they are working hard for me as a customer.

I feel obligated to point out I'm on console. It's a shame I feel that's necessary to add because it suggests we have a different perspective implying the game is different. Unfortunately, that is true. The game on console is a shell compared to PC. I'll finish by reminding you that the game is also more popular, and more expensive on console. For us, the game at release with seasons pass was about $90 in the USA. $90. You'd think I was joking, but I'm not. That's more than all recent game of the year AAA titles. Last of Us, RDR2, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc, etc.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I can only imagine the time guys like BB spend developing maps that all of us can enjoy --- and for free? In my mind the modders that do this stuff to make our game far better are a special people and I do have the greatest respect for them. The Lone Oak farm by BB is a classic and rates as one of the best maps available on FS17 which I still enjoy. My opinion and thanks BB.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Just ignore him bill. It’s not worth your time to even speaking to him. He obviously has a bee in in his bonnet because he is jealous of the flowing you have for the awesome maps you have given us over the years. I myself miss you on 19. I could never thank you enough for the hours and hours I’ve played on loanoak and Coldborough Park. But I understand your reasons for not wanting to make maps for 19. You do not have to justify yourself to anyone.

Wiseguy that it seems is not so wise just trolls everyone on here. Obviously taking away from the Brest to early and has mummy issues or something.

Will slag you off and says he has made for maps but won’t give any evidence of any of them. In that case I’ve made 72 maps and 9000 mods but they are all private to me but just take my word for it lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
kevthedev

Post by kevthedev »

I still play fs15 :)
Much better maps available IMO. They don't feel perfect. like they have been rolled off a production like. Then there's the soil mod which I love along with beef rearing.
I also love the grass textures.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

WMRmodding wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:46 pm Will slag you off and says he has made for maps but won’t give any evidence of any of them. In that case I’ve made 72 maps and 9000 mods but they are all private to me but just take my word for it lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Don't you think if I was lying about how many mods/maps I've done I'd put a number on it like you did? And an even better question, do I even care?
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Well you kind of answered your own question. Because if you did not care you would not have replied to my post.

I’m not fussed if you have not made any maps or not. But don’t come on here having digs at Bill. Thinking you know anything about him and trying to be little him in public. If you don’t like him then that’s fine you are free to like or not like whoever. I’m not that keen on you but I can at least be civil about it and not try and start a fight for no reason whatsoever.

It’s like you seem to think Bill owe you something for some reason and because he has not given you whatever you think it is then you just attack him.

Bill is like most modders he lets his work do the talking and nobody being honest can say any of it is bad. Yes his maps might not suit your play type but you can’t say that are bad. The levels of detail and the overall look of Bills maps is simply staggering. It’s modders like bill that got me into modding. And Bill has helped me when I started out modding on FS-UK in March so that to me says the kind of person he is. He went out of his way to help me. When he could have just said get on with it.

If you are going to attack him at least let’s see what work you have done. Who knows maybe your maps are awesome as well but how can we know when we have nothing to go off of.

There is an age old saying “if you have nothing nice to say that don’t say anything” if you can’t be civil to Bill then just leave him alone to enjoy the forum like the rest of us do. Especially when he pops is head in for a conversation like he has done in this thread because many of us admire his work and like to show our appreciation to him. Who knows maybe bill will be back in the next fs game.

Weber you take what I have said and consider it or not I don’t know. But please remember this is a forum for us all to enjoy and there is more then drama and fighting on here as it is without the need to add personal attacks to it. If that’s your thing then take to private message and leave the rest of us out of it.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

WMRmodding wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:29 am Who knows maybe bill will be back in the next fs game.
You did make some good points I will say. But, this tiny little sentence which I have quoted above from your response once again proves my point completely. The only reason people continue to *censored* up to this guy is the "what if." What if we continue to be nice to him and then maybe, just maybe, he'll put out another FS map. Or, what if I defend him on the forums from this "wiseguy" maybe I can get access to his "private" Frontier Design server? See here's the thing with me. I could care less if this guy never does another map for the public again.

There's a reason he now has a new account on here and he deleted his posts on FS-UK. He constantly portrayed a holyer-than-thou attitude. His constant bragging about his haves and your have nots was also included in these deleted posts. He makes references to his "excellent Frontier Design Test team" but then when people find a small bug or a floating tree within his map he'll explode. He even posted above, confirming that he did not have the access that he had when FS17 came out vs when 19 came out, which again, is a sore spot.