Fs17

Patrick73

Re: Fs17

Post by Patrick73 »

@bulletbill hopefully fs21 will incorporate all of these features and they’ve listened to everyone’s complaints. I’ll still reserve judgement before I buy it on day one and I won’t be *censored* in by any pre order bonus.
Xboxfarmsim

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

FS17 vs FS19 :hmm:

17 with all the mods, bells and whistles beats 19 hands down IMO 19 has some features I really like (rain no longer falls through roofs) but then some features have only been half finished (dynamic hoses) or removed completely (gearbox)

Yes I know gearbox on 17 is a mod but that makes it fully customisable (if you know how) which wouldn't be possible with it being built into the game.

Seasons on 19 seems much more in depth but also confuses the hell outta me (maybe if I played it more I'd understand it better but I have no desire to play)

Graphics in 17 might be dated but at least they don't have the cartoon, plastic sheen to them several others have mentioned.

I have tried to enjoy 19 several times since release but have never been able to, my kids have clocked up more time on there than me.

I would just like to thank all modders from all the iterations of the game for the joy and fun they bring to the game. Especially English modders who have brought a touch of the UK to an otherwise EU/USA led game
Massive respect to all the modders
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:14 am
Good point I officially rescind my request to lock :lol:
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Jd2140

Post by Jd2140 »

Vfarms wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am Am I the only one who thinks it's a better game? I can't be alone right?
I thought the same at 1st ,19 had its problems from the start, but now I think 19 is much better, I couldn’t go back to 17 now ,the only thing I miss is is the tractor sounds I think they sounded a lot better on 17 ,I don’t know maybe it’s just me ?
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

I haven't played FS17 since December of last year, when I returned to it for a while to await FS19 fixes. But since then I haven't had any interest in playing FS17... I'm having tons of fun playing all the great FS19 maps and looking forward to Straw Harvest coming to FS19 (it was a lot of fun on FS17).

In the end, both are great games. For new players though, I would recommend purchasing FS19 first.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:07 pm From what I was told the sound issue in Fs19 was largely down to the removal of the gearbox feature of the game shortly before it's release.
If that is the case then it would make sense with how the sounds don't respond according to weight, incline or decline.

Hopefully GIANTS will incorporate the gearbox feature for Fs21 and then sounds will be improved.
I really hope that the focus of 21 is on gameplay as there is so much room for improvement on many aspects.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

There is one thing I do really miss a lot. It’s only a small thing and not fundamentally important to the game play. But I miss it none the less. It’s the sounds of when you drive over gravel and stuff. Not sure of the reasons to why giants did not keep it for 19 but I really hope they bring it back for 21. It feels like it lost a little bit of immersion with it not being there.

Like I say it’s not a game changer but it was something I loved in 17.
Last edited by Reed Engineering on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

omg I was thinking about posting on here about that lmao.. for me thats probably the thing I miss the most about 17.. the crunchy sound of gravel under the tires really made me happy :) get out of my head WMR!! lololol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
GHKTruc

Post by GHKTruc »

I do miss a somewhat better crop destruction... The FS17 mod worked on all the map, even npc fields, now it only works on owned field, that kinda triggers me. I've asked on the forum, but it seems it either doesn't exist any mod that fix crop destruction like the way it was on 17, or I'm the only one bothered by this issue
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

WMRmodding wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:21 pm There is one thing I do really miss a lot. It’s only a small think and not fundamentally important to the game play but I miss it none the less. It’s the sounds of when you driver over gravel and stuff. Not sure if the reasons to watch giants did not keep it for 19 by I really hope they bring it back for 21. It feels like it lost a little bit of immersion with it not being there.

Like I say it’s not a game changer but it was something I loved in 17.
Small things like that make a big difference.

It's like the trailer sound mod for Fs17. Having the clanking noise trailers make in RL and then the road hum of the tyres when on a road was awesome and just felt so immersive.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
JohnDeere7310r

Post by JohnDeere7310r »

Lets all just go do some ploughing 👍
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Ok weird one...the country music radio station on 17 I wish I could get that on Fs19 :lol:

Xbox series x
JohnDeere7310r

Post by JohnDeere7310r »

Not weird mate its the process before cultivation 👍
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I was just thinking about the tire noise in 17. It was preferable.

Xbox series x
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 pm It's like the trailer sound mod for Fs17. Having the clanking noise trailers make in RL and then the road hum of the tyres when on a road was awesome and just felt so immersive.
Yeah that was a fantastic mod. It’s true what you say that stuff like that makes it way more immersive.

Still trying to work out why giants think that chickens don’t drink or poo as well. I’m still stunned by this a year on.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding