Small Maps ( for small machinery ) Discussion

chedly_farms

Small Maps ( for small machinery ) Discussion

Post by chedly_farms »

I originally had just the intent to ask about Nathan's MeadowGrove update and how it's coming if anyone knows. But I decided for this to be more encompassing to talk about small maps as a whole. I have 500+ hours on maps that use medium-bigger sized machinery, but I have yet to put any time into any smaller maps. And I really want to start a smaller map. But, the main reason is I decided to wait for the MeadowGrove update. But that was before I seen, he was in all intents and purposes making a bigger map of the existing map, so it wasn't as simple as an update. Does anyone have any info on the expected release of that map?

But that brings me to the intent of why I want to talk about all small maps as a whole. In Your folks opinions, what is you favorite small map? And when I say small map, I mean 3-4 m wide impliments, Bizon/old New Holland Combine, 150HP max tractors. MiniBrunn and maybe Oberkrebach would be my choices to start a map if knowing we are still 3+ months away on MeadowGrove. I have run my course on Old Stream. Old Stream was my favorite map on 17, can't get into it on 19.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
cvKurt

Re: Small Maps ( for small machinery ) Discussion

Post by cvKurt »

Favorite? That's really hard as there are so many great ones... the ones I've really gotten into are (in alphabetical order) Dreistenerhof, Krebach/Oberkrebach, Lipiniki, Merlot. Old Family Farm, and Starowies. Next up for me is Hinterkaifect.
Last edited by cvKurt on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Without considering Seasons, Mercury Farms is the map that I went to for grinding out missions because it has a ton of small fields.

For Seasons, I'd probably play The Old Farm Countryside, Ellerbach or Marwell Manor. Geiselsberg isn't bad either, though you can get to point where you want bigger equipment.

Honestly, the best small equipment maps are forestry maps where you cut your fields out of the trees. Selling logs/chips keeps you from being broke and the work required helps keep the field size down. It also is pretty rewarding to see what you have created. I did this on Grizzly Mountain, but it isn't seasons updated. Willamina Forest or Rogue River are the options for this with Seasons.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 pm I originally had just the intent to ask about Nathan's MeadowGrove update and how it's coming if anyone knows. But I decided for this to be more encompassing to talk about small maps as a whole. I have 500+ hours on maps that use medium-bigger sized machinery, but I have yet to put any time into any smaller maps. And I really want to start a smaller map. But, the main reason is I decided to wait for the MeadowGrove update. But that was before I seen, he was in all intents and purposes making a bigger map of the existing map, so it wasn't as simple as an update. Does anyone have any info on the expected release of that map?

But that brings me to the intent of why I want to talk about all small maps as a whole. In Your folks opinions, what is you favorite small map? And when I say small map, I mean 3-4 m wide impliments, Bizon/old New Holland Combine, 150HP max tractors. MiniBrunn and maybe Oberkrebach would be my choices to start a map if knowing we are still 3+ months away on MeadowGrove. I have run my course on Old Stream. Old Stream was my favorite map on 17, can't get into it on 19.
Nathan the author of "Meadowgrove" is a good friend of mine, actually lives not far from me to, is still working on the update for the map.

Although it is more of a massive extension than just an update.

He's doing an excellent job of it, with brand new models, new textures and lots more.

His FB page or his Discord is probably the best place to find out more info on its progress.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I’ll have to try out discord. I see a lot of you English modders use it to chat and stuff. It will probably be a good way for me to keep up with stuff.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:36 pm I’ll have to try out discord. I see a lot of you English modders use it to chat and stuff. It will probably be a good way for me to keep up with stuff.
It's where a fair few of the UK/Irish modding community have migrated to as there isn't any central place for us now since FS-UK was closed down.

As for small maps one I enjoyed in Fs17 was called: DolnośląskaWieś

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

Not sure if there is a 19 version. But I found it quite immersive. Although not hilly, the countryside was very rolling and felt realistic. Not sure if it was based on a real area, but had that feel about it.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Favourite small map? MeadowGrove for sure. In fact, MeadowGrove may be my favourite map overall. It's just excellent. I added a simple snow mask myself so I could start playing it on Seasons when it was first released, but right now I'm doing production (Hopfach) while looking forward to seeing what the new MeadowGrove will be like.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Minibrunn IMHO. Mountain view is awesome, square fields not so much. Which I believe you had said in another thread was a turn off for you.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Are there any harvesters in real life that are smaller than what is in the game?

I always have trouble transporting harvesters on these maps, but I like playing on small maps.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Nathan the author of "Meadowgrove" is a good friend of mine, actually lives not far from me to, is still working on the update for the map.

Although it is more of a massive extension than just an update.

He's doing an excellent job of it, with brand new models, new textures and lots more.

His FB page or his Discord is probably the best place to find out more info on its progress.
Nathan's original plan of adding the seasons support has turned into quite a task :biggrin2: What he has now changed it too is looking really good, at least he is free from the apples now.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

As I've said elsewhere I'm a big fan of Meadow Grove and it's very playable even without a seasons mask.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Meadow Grove is an excellent map for small too medium equipment, can't wait for the updated version.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Gwenddwr Welsh Map FS17 was a good small map but it has never shown up on FS19, Oberes Glantal German map is a fav on mine everywhere you look is just right
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

blackiecat wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:05 pm Gwenddwr Welsh Map FS17 was a good small map but it has never shown up on FS19, Oberes Glantal German map is a fav on mine everywhere you look is just right
I was a big fan of the Welsh map in 17, the creator did say on FSUK he was working on bringing it too 19 but since FSUK shut down I've not heard anything. Fingers crossed it does appear at some point.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Why oh why oh why did that quarrel have too happen on FS-UK, I miss that place.