What's going on, on your farm?

Tylercheesey1986

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Rebuilding my farm in the outback, recent update required ablution of my farm
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:30 pm Just coming towards the end of our first year (late Autumn) currently.

Just purchased an upgrade tractor. Found a reasonable 1998 John Deere 6910.

Getting some cultivation done ready for some Winter Barley planting before it gets too cold.

Nice find with the 6910 Bill, the 69 was a great tractor irl along with the 7810 (if only they were available on consoles ) but have just enlarged the first two pics as theyre almost like oil paintings !
Thanks for sharing
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I sadly have not farmed 5 days, may be another 2 before I can get a chance. :(
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Well nothing's going on at medowgrove anymore as deleted it by mistake whist thinning out potential new maps so that 80+ hours gone ! But have started it again in a different area of the map with a new story scenario

Play time > Ford TW20
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Barrcott wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:10 am Nice find with the 6910 Bill, the 69 was a great tractor irl along with the 7810 (if only they were available on consoles ) but have just enlarged the first two pics as theyre almost like oil paintings !
Thanks for sharing
Thanks bud, this JD 6910 was not in great shape when I first downloaded it, but the model itself is reasonable and more importantly not silly high poly count like the 7810 that has been around for Farm Sim for ages, that was hitting 800,000 polys for one tractor. :lol: (To compare a default Fendt 700 is around 86,000 polys)

For the 6010 series I decided to just re-ingame it from scratch. Easier that way to sort it all out.

So many mods have been edited, converted, edited, converted over and over your left with an absolute mess often.

But there are quite a few reasonable models that date back to the Fs13 era, which when given a bit of TLC come out not too bad.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 pm
Barrcott wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:10 am Nice find with the 6910 Bill, the 69 was a great tractor irl along with the 7810 (if only they were available on consoles ) but have just enlarged the first two pics as theyre almost like oil paintings !
Thanks for sharing
Thanks bud, this JD 6910 was not in great shape when I first downloaded it, but the model itself is reasonable and more importantly not silly high poly count like the 7810 that has been around for Farm Sim for ages, that was hitting 800,000 polys for one tractor. :lol: (To compare a default Fendt 700 is around 86,000 polys)

For the 6010 series I decided to just re-ingame it from scratch. Easier that way to sort it all out.

So many mods have been edited, converted, edited, converted over and over your left with an absolute mess often.

But there are quite a few reasonable models that date back to the Fs13 era, which when given a bit of TLC come out not too bad.
Nice insight to modding Bill, didn't realise that over a period of time it could be modded beyond all sensibility but it's not something I've ever given thought to as I'm on console. Would be nice if it could be available on mod hub as im a bit out of touch with the newer kit , thsts why the MF 3000 series & older FENDT models are really floating my boat atm , maybe need to get a laptop & try my hand at it , nice MF 3125 sounds like what I need !

Play time > Ford TW20
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

I'm having an auction to sell of everything... (time for a new savegame).
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

Let's get more active guys, more screenshots, I'm very interested in what you do on your farm!
I have work on my farm every day, today we sowed corn, sunflower, canola and soy! Four units worked, three John Deere tractors and one Class! *thumbsup*
radio3

Post by radio3 »

Did some sowing of oil seed on 1/2 of field 1 at dahl last night. Goint to probably sow some soybeans in the other half later today that is after i get my trailer full of manure pallets to my green house and vineyard.
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

I've got the Big Bud 450 out in the field and have her seeding away. I've got 150 acres of canola in and working on the last 25 or so. Storage bins in the background at the farm.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I had all the plans of making a trip across the English Channel, and catch a train into Osina to get back to my farm there, but it looks like I will be checking out some land in Greenwich Valley. Looks to be a long, late night.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Found a nice block of land at Greenwich Area, with a cottage on it , so with a few sheds a maybe a few poultry units & the chance of more land I hope it's worth a long term investment, think it will work well along side Mercury & medowgrove as the 'American dream ' just isn't a starter for me at lone oak

Play time > Ford TW20
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I’ve bought the small metal pasture just to try something new. Money is short so only 4 Limousine this season. I think the shed is very cheap so I desided that it is not for keeping animals throug winter. So fattening is what I use this for.

I’ve been doing grain for 8 Seasons so when saving up the 1,1mill to buy the dairyfarm I could do this meanwhile. And the new tractor 6250R and the Vaderstadt rapid 800 will save me a lot of work. This season I will not grow anything, in order to have a fallow state.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

The block of land bought with the cottage at Greenwich had a standing crop of naked oats so with the newly acquired combine from a local sale & 2 of the meadowgrove tractors bought over I've decided to harvest the field v& start working the others, just waiting for the wheat to grow to get feed for the poultry enterprise to get going , few local farmers knew I had a big balerr at meadowgrove & have expressed an interest at hiring me for some contract baling maybe. . . . . . . hmmmmmm

Play time > Ford TW20
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Am going organic so crop yeilds will be down , so expecting 2-2.5 ton per acre so have got the local contractor in to get some lime on

Play time > Ford TW20