Fenton by Stevie

TurboJ

Re: Fenton by Stevie

Post by TurboJ »

Playing the latest 4X version of this map and I'm very impressed. Has to be one of the best quality maps currently available.

One question though. As you know, there are lots of trees on this map, way beyond the game limit. So after harvesting quite a bit of wood, I'm not able to plant any trees. "too many trees" -dialog appears.

I'm into forestry and plan to keep playing this savegame for some time so I'm wondering if there is a way around this limit. I know there is a mod around that technically should remove the tree limit, but it seems that mod was introduced in March and there's been updates on the game since. I'm also running Seasons if that matters. Additionally, I would love to use the 'hand plat saplings' mod together with this - it's a much more flexible solution for my use than the vanilla tree planting thing.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help out with this issue.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

You could probably use the "More Trees" Mod to plant more trees, or if using Global Company that has a similar mod built in that you just need to activate within the Global Company menu in game. Global Company is a new mod release wise then "More Trees" so not sure if the version in Global Company is more up to date then the standalone More Trees mod. They may well be the exact same thing from the same person.

Must admit I've not had any problems with trees on the 4x map, apart from their being so many that its going to take me a while to remove a lot of them. In some areas of the map with my custom game/crop settings the framerate takes a huge hit because of the trees on the map, especially at various times in the year when Seasons is also playing with the textures on them. So I have no plans to plant or add any trees in my save game, though major deforestation could well be planned in the future.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would not recommend ever using the more tree mod. It has been reported by many players of their game crashing after cutting one of those trees down.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I don't mean a mod that adds placeable trees Illinois Farmer I mean a mod that removes the limit on trees on a map. I may have said the wrong mod name in my post above. I'll try and find the one that allows more trees. I'll then edit my original post above.

Edit: From my search it seems I was correct it is the More Tree Mod found on the LS-Mod Company website, which means its probably the same version found in the Global Company Mod. However this can be easily confused with another mod called More Trees Placeable or More Tree ( https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 ), which is a mod that lets you place trees on the map, and as Illinois Farmer pointed out this is known to cause issues with games and should be avoided. Make sure you download the correct mod if looking to increase trees on a map, for that reason Id say to download Global Company and use the script in that, even if you don't plan on using any of the other Global Company functions on your map.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I have used the More Trees Placeable Mod without any problems but I DON'T DARE cut down any of the mod trees on maps I have used it on. I had already placed them and then started reading about the problems. Makes me nervous even driving by one! :lol:
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think the problem is when you cut one down. Also, cwattyeso, my mistake on what mod you were talking about. Sorry.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

I am HOME my most loved map of FS 2017
NOW in FS 2019 Thanks Stevie
MS Window 10 64 bit
MSI RX 5700 XT
AMD CPU RYZEN 5 2400G W/Fan
Samsung 1000 EVO) SATA3 TLC SSD
ASUS-LCDMonitors-VA32A-ASUS_VA32

FPS well into 60
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Problem
Were is fast time forward trigger ​​​??
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Sleep Trigger is just inside the doorway of the House.

abslayer

Post by abslayer »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 am Sleep Trigger is just inside the doorway of the House.
[/quote

I checked that did not work for me , started from door way all the way in no trigger
However will check again
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Strange Just check once again nothing triggers the sleep function on map for me.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

R triggers the sleep function on every other map
Did he change the input key for sleep on his map ?
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

It is the house
But Steve dose not allow selling of house and replace it on this map with one that work

Found same problem on another map same house replaced it and all was fine
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Are you playing the 2X or 4X version of the map? On the 4X version every building is sellable, so you can use whatever buildings you like.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

4X version of the map WTF why would that be??? I will check
I know the same house on a 8x map did not work also wouldn't it be a strange thing that a 4X map would work