What's going on, on your farm?

ivan700s

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by ivan700s »

we finished fertilizing
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

It was a long cold winter and I've had to wait farther into planting season than I would have liked to get out in the field and put some beans in.

Main farm:
- one main building for storage of all my tractors and equipment
- secondary hall for additional storage
- I've got a deal with a local dairy farmer that hauls in 2-3 truckloads of manure every so often for my green houses
- 3x green houses to supply local restaurants and keep the cashflow rolling
- 1M liters of storage and likely adding more soon due to future field purchases.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I just visited my Hoosier Heartland farm in Indiana and my farm manager tells me that we successfully harvested 445 acres and placed 94,538 US bushels (3,072,494 liters) of product in our brand new silo complex. He also told me he hired a Mr. Play, first name Course, to help with a lot of the driving duties. At this time he seemed pleased with Mr. Play’s work although there was a great deal of initial problems of communication to get Mr. Play to do his job. Once there was a mutual understanding, he delivered 83,480 US bushels (2,713,100) to the Cargill Silos that put $2,204,471 in the bank. We still have over 11,000 US bushels of Soybeans stored waiting for a better price.

There was a little concern from Mr. Extension, Mr. AI Vehicle Extension, that he was losing his job. We reassured him that he does such a great job with the harvesters that we would keep him on the payroll. I think my two helpers will work well together. However, eventually I may need to consult with some folks that really know Mr. Play and know how to yell – I mean talk to him.

We are looking to add about 75 more tillable acres that will give us a about 525 acres to farm.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

Today we harvested, the harvest was completed successfully *thumbsup*
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Went belly up packed my truck now wondering where ill end up
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Cracking through spring seeding, on the fifth field now, with no rain immediately forecast, so no rush to get the wheat in on time. Got the big Massey 399 on the drill going at quite a rate, going steady at the top of the middle gear range. No need for auto steer on this old beast!
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Sold my Lone Oak farm to an American who took over my debt as well. Good thing since the wife couldn’t settle in the US.
We went back to Europe and bought a farm in England.
Since the farm is located at Sussex Lane, I decided to name it Sussex Farm.

Preparing one of the fields for grass, since I’m planning on keeping sheep.

Ignorance is bliss
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Had a few days off so decided to visit my friend in Poland, he was just finishing his harvest but by the looks of it he & his family were all hands on deck to get everything finished

Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
dfzodiac4

Post by dfzodiac4 »

My father decided it was finally time to retire and offered me his small piece of land near Wola Zabierzowska in Poland at a price I couldn't refuse. It took me awhile to sell my old farm in the German country side of Felsbrunn but I was able to get a good chunk of money for my fields and medium size cow operation. I sold my Deutz AgroStar 661, Joskin grain trailer, all of my cultivation and sowing equipment to secure enough money to transport my my Claas Xerion, Case IH 7200, and New Holland TC5.90 harvester. My father had recently built a new storage shed for his equipment so we do not have to worry about that. There is however, a dilapidated cow stable on his land so and I was able to secure a 150k loan at a reasonable rate. With that money I will be renovating the cow stable and I have purchased a Claas Scorpion that had quite the rebate on it to assist in the renovation and help out around the farm. Next is getting fields ready for sowing.
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

After harvesting 210 aggro, we began to service the equipment, change oil, check and diagnose equipment and units. The net profit after harvesting amounted to $ 2,100,000, the first thing we bought was two more reapers for harvesting grain for John Deere combines and trailers for transporting Claas reapers, and a grass mowing unit was also purchased.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

ivan700s wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:32 pm
Nice shed!
Ignorance is bliss
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

Today we cultivated the soil, made deep loosening, all six tractors participated in the work (four John Deere and two Claas)
the next step will be cultivation (removal of dense clods of land) and sowing, this time we plan to sow three crops, and this is oats, soybeans and sunflower.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The weather cleared up on Marwell, so I got a bunch of hay baled yesterday. Before dark I got half of it stacked with the Arcusin auto stacker. I'll stack the rest today. Also got a Claas Scorpion on Demo from the local dealership to try out. So I'll use that to load the bales on the wagon and take back to the farm. So at some point, I'll have to decide between the scorpion and the Claas telehandler to buy. I was really impressed with the New Holland telehandler I tried out on a demo a month or so back. And after the hay gets stacked, We got some cotton ready to start harvesting. Other than that, we are waiting for out John Deere forage harvester to arrive at the local JD dealership through the ModHub shipping company, and we can chop corn after that happens.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:42 pm The weather cleared up on Marwell, so I got a bunch of hay baled yesterday. Before dark I got half of it stacked with the Arcusin auto stacker. I'll stack the rest today. Also got a Claas Scorpion on Demo from the local dealership to try out. So I'll use that to load the bales on the wagon and take back to the farm. So at some point, I'll have to decide between the scorpion and the Claas telehandler to buy. I was really impressed with the New Holland telehandler I tried out on a demo a month or so back. And after the hay gets stacked, We got some cotton ready to start harvesting. Other than that, we are waiting for out John Deere forage harvester to arrive at the local JD dealership through the ModHub shipping company, and we can chop corn after that happens.
Ched,

I love your story line. Good luck with your new JD harvester.

Happy farming to you! --- and I know you will. *thumbsup*
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Thank You, I hope the harvester comes soon. The Dealership tells me either the 13th or the 20th. There actually had been a back order on them since Agritechnica. They had a sale there at the show. They were practically giving them away.

Today, if the weather holds out we will pick up the last of our big bales. And we have a small little half acre of small square hay bales that need bales. Sheep and horses are running low on hay. We could feed out the big bales on them, but it’s just easier with small bales. And then after that in the next few days, we’ll start on cotton. We have to get our big field harvested, we want to put in winter barley. And then hopefully we’ll get our new Forage Harvester.

What are people’s thoughts on a new Lexion? We have a T560i at the moment. It serves its purpose, but we’d like larger capacity in the tank. And I’d also like to put a Creselli header on it. I figure the foldable header makes it easier to get around and through our gates. And then we’d always have the option to put the big header on it if needed.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----