Contract Work Solution

SimpleFarmer

Contract Work Solution

Post by SimpleFarmer »

The contracts in the game are total stuff, for about an hour of actual in-game work you get like 20-40k, which may be worth it for like the first few hours of gameplay on the map when you're totally broke, but then it quickly becomes a waste of time. Not to mention, the costs of fertilizer/seeds (like 10% of the overall contract).
I am wondering if there is any solutions because I think they are fun and would like them to be worth their time. If not I have come up with my own, which isn't the best. Instead of just harvesting the field and wasting an hour for 30k, I just buy the field and harvest it and sell the field back. The land sells for the same as you buy it for. This doesn't seem fair at first, however, on second glance there are a few reasons it might be:
A) the field most likely isn't fertilized/plowed/weeded, so you're getting a pretty significant malus
B) It's show biz baby
C) Stop paying me peanuts, i have expensive equipment to finance.

Console user
SimpleFarmer

Re: Contract Work Solution

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I still haven't done it yet, because I may as well just add the subsidy mod. I am trying to figure out the actual pay per hour of gameplay when you do this. On easy difficulty, a field that takes an hour to harvest would gain you maybe 140,000(?) minus the 35% malus (leaving you with 91,000) which seems okay for an hour of contract work to me...
Does this seem like exploitation to you?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

So, if I understand correctly, you feel you get to little in payment for contracts?

Harvesting contracts ofthen will pay better than the contract sum displayed, since the fields have a higher yield and thus gives a higher output than the farmer expects. The 'leftover' you can either sell, and get paid for, or you can store it for later.

I use contracts a lot, have had savegames with only a small field of my own, and just been a contractor, and it pays off for a living 😁

That said, haven't tried that on seasons yet, but should work fine there too. I do take on contracts in seasons, good to have something to do when my fields are done
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

The cultivating contracts don't pay enough in my opinion.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Noraf: Thanks for the reply, that sounds encouraging. I have been doing them as I wait for other stuff to get done, I just wished they paid a fraction more. I looked up what you were saying about the harvesting contracts and see that would eliminate me having to do what I was saying above, so thanks for that. The other types of contracts, like cultivating especially, really need a boost though, imo. Just doing contracts must be a pretty slow paced game huh?
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

I will do the harvesting contracts when available. I have 2 combines of my own so they don't take long and pay well. Will even do cultivating when there is nothing else going on. I like to see my equipment running as much as possible.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 am Noraf: Thanks for the reply, that sounds encouraging. I have been doing them as I wait for other stuff to get done, I just wished they paid a fraction more. I looked up what you were saying about the harvesting contracts and see that would eliminate me having to do what I was saying above, so thanks for that. The other types of contracts, like cultivating especially, really need a boost though, imo. Just doing contracts must be a pretty slow paced game huh?
It depends on what your Goal is. What's your Benefit on making lots of Money really fast? You buy all the stuff and all the plots… And after that? 50 Hours in a map and off to the next? Maybe the economy on easy is a Thing for you - the Prices are better and the game goes faster.

IMHO the contracts are Paid good enough in comparison to other Things you do in FS19. They are good enough to do evey once in awhile but not too good to do them as the only Thing.
PS4 und PC
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

Baking missions are real nice too. You can now up to 3 meters outside of field. The more you push the trucker it becomes though. But will give a few extra bales you others wouldn't have.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Fertilising contracts are by far and away the quickest way to make money through contracts, especially if you already have a decent width spreader (even leasing one quickly earns you enough money to buy one outright).

It takes a few minutes to do most fields and even hiring a worker to do it means a big profit given how short their work time is.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ofcourse it's slow work, but isn't that half the fun? I did eventuely clock in the 10m achivement on the contract savegame though, so it's definently wort the time ;)

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

What about contracts that have you do bales? I've got a baking contract on my savegame that is paying 69k, the only way I'm willing to do it is if I could use CP. Does anybody know if your able to use CP while doing contracts?
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I appreciate all the replies. My personal gameplay style is to have a couple different operations to switch between, like cereals, animals and logging. I enjoy the game most when I have all the equipment I prefer, which is normally some of the more expensive equipment. Once I have my set-up I can spend days using it and I donate to charity by buying plots of land and making parks. This style normally takes a while to accomplish, even on easy mode. Plus, I usually keep the clock at 5x (fast crop growth).
My point is that even with these settings, getting started can take me a week or two. I like to be making a good money/time spent ratio (without exploiting), or I feel like something is missing.
Contracts need to be worth their time because I get the game itself is fun to play, but i also like it to be a bit like real life where we're not just working because we enjoy our job that much.
Like I said, they are close to being priced right, although most of the time I'm just like... "nah, I'll pass - do it yourself Marve." Marve being the farmer, because they are like doing a tutorial or something.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Well I guess that is the great thing about this game, you can play it however you want.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

@Electsilver8 : Yes, you can use ai to do contracts, including cp

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I like doing contracts, but I am selective in terms of dollars offered. I generally only take on jobs $10,000 or greater. There are a couple of options I would like to see in the contracts scenario, like doing more than one contract at a time. Another option would be to look at the contract options menu and select all the jobs on the screen you want to do. There has been several time a really large contract is offered with a few other nice ones also available. So you take the large contract and when you are finished the other good ones are gone.

I basically try to pay for my equipment expansion doing contracts and land expansion with harvest income. Learning Course Play has really made doing contracts easier and I can keep other equipment busy while doing my own farm work.

As Crazof said the greatest thing about the game is playing it the way you want to - make your own rules. :biggrin2:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan