What's going on, on your farm?

Cazzy3000

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Cazzy3000 »

After few years working as a contractor in the states iv come back to my home place in shamrock Valley Ireland. My father was passed the farm from his father but now as he's got older the farm has slipped, he's sold his cows and sheep and leased out the grass fields while just mainting two arable fields to get by. Iv been back a few months now and have got the grass fields back, with what money and a small loan Iv had iv bought some sheep and upgraded one of the older tractors to a newer massey. Since we have now cows yet iv been selling silage to other farms and have begun to bring a new crop to the farm, soybeans. Hopefully in not too long I can get our cattle numbers back up and invest in a newer harvester, the one we have was my grandads and has near enough seen its day
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Cazzy3000, how are your beans doing? I’ve double cropped them this year after harvesting some winter oats. Ours look real good, hopefully we’ll get a decent crop. It’s the first time we planted them on Marwell.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Sort of paused on FS right now waiting on Seasons to get an update so canola is back to being oilseed. The beta versions of Seasons is a stuff shoot on if they will work or not and while I don't mind some plowing, I'm not doing it after every corn and sunflower to satisfy my min max gaming ADD.
Cazzy3000

Post by Cazzy3000 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:50 pm Cazzy3000, how are your beans doing? I’ve double cropped them this year after harvesting some winter oats. Ours look real good, hopefully we’ll get a decent crop. It’s the first time we planted them on Marwell.
Eh we're currently in a constant harvest phase (console) and we have just got first field in and seconded being plowed
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Lone Oak provides a lot of opportunity for our simple farmer, he's hoping to get everything needed to turn a profit soon in this big new world because his funds are almost dry. He's worried he might have to accept a government subsity at the risk of being despised by his fellow farmers, as he may have overspent on his harvester. He refuses to let the bank take his shiny new harvester back.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

He thinks if he hides the government subsity evidence well enough, noone will ever know. He's going to be up late tonight wondering how to hide this all from his wife, the town gossip and local flirt. Maybe she'll be out again on one of her "errands".
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

For several days in a row, we prepared the soil for sowing, cultivated and fertilized, today we sow soybeans and oats!
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

The corporate holding company decided to close down the farm I was managing at Hoosier Heartland. We experienced a serious sink-hole developing in the middle of the yard between the machinery sheds that made them unusable. It seems as though they hired someone to do some “landscaping” and the goofball made a real mess of things so the decision was to close down the farm selling all the equipment and lease or sell the fields.

I decided to go out on my own buying a farm down the road and the CEO of the farm I had managed made a personal loan of a million dollars to help me get started. So now I have 23 acres of canola and 63 acres of soybeans ready to harvest. Fortunately the contract work from other farmers has been plentiful so I am able to pay cash for a CaseIH 7240 harvester and a large grain trailer without any further debt. If the market prices hold up I will probably add another 80 to 100 acres and work the heck out of my small stable of equipment.

That's my story and I am sticking to it :mrgreen:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Dagrump wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:10 pm The corporate holding company decided to close down the farm I was managing at Hoosier Heartland. We experienced a serious sink-hole developing in the middle of the yard between the machinery sheds that made them unusable. It seems as though they hired someone to do some “landscaping” and the goofball made a real mess of things so the decision was to close down the farm selling all the equipment and lease or sell the fields.
I seen a sinkhole issue a few year back at a farm near Osina. They tore down a pig shed to find a massive sinkhole, that couldn't be fixed, or had anything built near it. Had to level the whole farm and built it again like new. It was amazing to see how identical the farms were. Good to see things working out in the end for ya Dagrump with the new farm situation.

Anywho's, We have begun cotton harvest on Marwell. They said cotton could not be grown in the British isles. Well, we are proving them wrong. Although harvesting cotton is slow and makes you feel like your doing nothing. But selling the bales at the price they are paying will make it worth it. I'm also sad to say, that the ModHub shipping company has delayed the delivery of our John Deere forage harvester until the 20th. I might send an email to their customer service representative 05-Chris, telling him how impatient I have become and that it's not fair. Oh well, it will give me time to harvest all the cotton we need to get harvested.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

ivan700s wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 pm For several days in a row, we prepared the soil for sowing, cultivated and fertilized, today we sow soybeans and oats!
/snip
What map?
ivan700s

Post by ivan700s »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:26 pm
ivan700s wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 pm For several days in a row, we prepared the soil for sowing, cultivated and fertilized, today we sow soybeans and oats!
/snip
What map?
map Przemasowo
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Got the duals on the 399 and smashing through the rolling!
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Just started harvesting a 60 acre field of soybeans with my brand new CaseIH 7240 harvester and it started raining - again. Harvesting will be complete when I finish the soybean field and tackle 28 acres of late canola.

Hopefully the harvest will allow me to retire some debt and add a couple fields I want. That will get me from 86 to nearly 160 acres and it will allow me to expand on the type of crops we are growing. I need to add corn and maybe sugar beets to our crop selection. Too cold here for cotton or sugar cane, so those are out.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Well after a weird few years of nothing but warm, sunny weather, scientists are saying that the climate should normalize and we will have proper seasons again. (See what I did there?) I'm busy preparing for that by squirreling away hay and straw for my cows and growing a ton of crops for my pigs. My silage clamp is running over as well.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Creppe

Post by Creppe »

Just did my baling on old stream farm but trying to find a wrapper for it
-Pro Retard