Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Console Player - Yes
13%
Console Player - No
28%
PC/MAC Player - Yes
8%
PC/MAC Player - No
51%

Total votes: 360

iwan073

Re: Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Post by iwan073 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:46 pm I'm thinking some of the anti base gamers are just not into farming as much as they think they are. It seems their go to answer id "no because it would get boring fast".
U might be right
Ignorance is bliss
punchi

Post by punchi »

bojanh66 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:42 pm It is better to have all those features in game, so people can turn them off if they dont like it, than not to have it.

Its like having car with 400hp, you could either drive it 50km/h or 250km/h if you want.

But try to do that with 80hp car.

Because of noobish people like you, game is becoming more and more arcade , instead of a proper simulator.
HP only increases your max. speed to a certain limit. 80hp and 200km/h no problem :)

Noobish people? you are coming up with something like this because people want to play the game they want it? Maybe they dont want a proper simulator, maybe they want the arcade game ;)
On the forums there are like 1% of the FS player base. So you represent 1% of the players with your opinion on a "proper" simulation.

And guess what? A proper simulation like Cottle and Craps, where is the player base? 200 players according to steam playing the game :D

Jimbob0704 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 pm Giants keep it basic and don’t waste time on mods like seasons??? Maybe that’s why they employed Rakhin then because they don’t like mods like seasons lmao, giants have been flat out working trying to get seasons to console this last 3 months , where have you been punchi ?
You know that he is definetly not working on seasons for Giants, they stated that already on the last FarmCon :D
Its RM trying to get it to consoles, Giants may be helping, but its not their business ;)
Get your facts straight
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Let's keep things friendly guys. We don't want our trigger lock happy mods to lock this thread as there has been a lot of good points made.

I think the issue here is their are players from different ends of the playing spectrum. Neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong, you just have very different requirements you want from the game to be able to enjoy it.

Restricting gameplay aspects hurts both players.

The issue we currently have is GIANTS do keep the game very basic to please the arcade players, but for the most part leave it to the modders to bring in the realism side of things.

With it getting harder and harder to mod and taking more time, the game for a lot of players only really gets to it's best about 6 months before the next version is released.

Myself I have carried on with Fs17 and it's been surprising what more possibilities that game had, but with Fs19 out it does take away some of the shine from it.
But playing catch up every 2 years is massively frustrating. Having to work out all the changes yourself with little or no help.

If GIANTS continue to stick to this 2 year dev cycle and still want modders to be able to keep pumping out mods to keep a wider and the more realistic playerbase involved with the game then more information and help is needed from GIANTS to help speed up that process. Instead of leaving it to a handful of modders to work it out on there own.

Personally it seems in the best interest of everyone if GIANTS and modders work closer together as that way there is a wider variety of players that will enjoy the game which means more sales of the game and DLCs for GIANTS. It's a win win...
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
TXBuzzSaw

Post by TXBuzzSaw »

No I wouldn’t play it without mods. I have it on console and pc and wouldn’t play either without the mods.
Whyworryfarming

Post by Whyworryfarming »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:09 pm Let's keep things friendly guys. We don't want our trigger lock happy mods to lock this thread as there has been a lot of good points made.

I think the issue here is their are players from different ends of the playing spectrum. Neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong, you just have very different requirements you want from the game to be able to enjoy it.

Restricting gameplay aspects hurts both players.

The issue we currently have is GIANTS do keep the game very basic to please the arcade players, but for the most part leave it to the modders to bring in the realism side of things.

With it getting harder and harder to mod and taking more time, the game for a lot of players only really gets to it's best about 6 months before the next version is released.

Myself I have carried on with Fs17 and it's been surprising what more possibilities that game had, but with Fs19 out it does take away some of the shine from it.
But playing catch up every 2 years is massively frustrating. Having to work out all the changes yourself with little or no help.

If GIANTS continue to stick to this 2 year dev cycle and still want modders to be able to keep pumping out mods to keep a wider and the more realistic playerbase involved with the game then more information and help is needed from GIANTS to help speed up that process. Instead of leaving it to a handful of modders to work it out on there own.

Personally it seems in the best interest of everyone if GIANTS and modders work closer together as that way there is a wider variety of players that will enjoy the game which means more sales of the game and DLCs for GIANTS. It's a win win...
I myself have been playing FS17 (actually west coast) because of the textures (wheat,barley,ext.) and the more realism of the maps. And I have to say after playing fs17 again I really really miss your mods! But I completely understand why you don’t make them for 19.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I doubt I would of purchased FS17 after playing FS15 to death without mods. Mods were the reason i purchased 17, Deere did help in the decision to acquire 19, however it would not of been an easy decision. Mods provide hype. Anyone remember the John Deere 8r threads when we were awaiting that to come out. With out mods Giant would need to provide New DLC monthly imho
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Jonescottonfarms

Post by Jonescottonfarms »

No mods are what keeps the game fun and interesting. Especially for us console players!
And for everyone saying that if u wouldn’t play it without mods and your not wanting a proper simulator, I’m sure a speak for other people when I say this but I believe there is not enough American mods available for the game especially on console. Mods bring us the American tractors we like and maps more taylored for us and I think without that Ik that atleast I wouldn’t play the game anymore.
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

I use mods for convenience, realism and quality of life. I appreciate the mods like auto drive, course play and auto load. I could load every bale by hand but I don’t enjoy that. I could harvest 200HA of crops but I enjoy managing the assembly of workers and equipment, filling in on a grain cart or dragging a disc as needed.

I could play with stock tractors and equipment that is not the issue for me personally. I do prefer to have more North America based equipment because that is where I am from.

As someone stated it is about how you play the game and what you want from it.
RickyWall

Post by RickyWall »

No. I do not use any in game vehicles or placeables or maps. The mods makes the game in my opinion. I preordered FS19 but did not place it for a few months after receiving the game mainly because there were no mods out at the time. I played FS17 until there were some good mods to install.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I agree with you mike33s. I use mods for the exact same reasons you do. Convenience, realism, and quality. Big things that improve Giants' game a lot. Not saying Giants doesn't do a good job, but the mods make it all the more enjoyable to play. Even though I only play FS17 on PS4, the mods were such an improvement from 15. I still enjoy 15, but a HUGE thank you to all the modders that brought a wonderful new look into 17 and 19. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:46 pm I'm thinking some of the anti base gamers are just not into farming as much as they think they are. It seems their go to answer id "no because it would get boring fast".
I think it's the other way around. Those with farming backgrounds, like myself, usually don't enjoy using the unrealistic base game maps because we know what real-life farming is like, whereas those with no farming background are more likely to be sufficiently happy with the relaxing aspect of FS games and care less about mods.

Remember that we have access, and have had access, to numerous mods that make the game more realistic or life-like over the years (such as SoilMod, More Realistic, Seasons, GPS/Guidance Steering, Gearbox Addon, let alone the plethora of real-life maps), some of which some people won't play without.

The people who usually use these are those very much "into farming as much as they think they are".
Possible true, but I also find many of the loudest complainers "the game isn't realistic enough" are real life farmers/truck drivers/racers etc. It is just a game. And if you look at my signature I play on console, we can farm all day with out gps, courseplay, variable bale capacity, 100 meter headers, 40mph harvesting speed and the like. So no, the is indeed something with out mods, but yes they do make the game more playable.

P.s. can we please get at least a 12 meter beet/tater harvester and planter on console??
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Hopefully Giants are watching this thread and mod list as to where they make base game next time!! I think the game would be pretty boring without mods and needs to implement modded ideas into game. There is a mojority of people that wouldnt play game without mods so moving forward give the fans what they want but that is just my opinion love fs19 mods and all so thankyou Giants,modders and map makers
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

I could easily play the game without mods as I managed previously when playing fs15 on ps3. However, what I would say is if I was to do that now then I think Giants should add a better, wider selection of equipment etc. in base model. As some have commented, it's been left for modders to bring their own creations to the game to help expand the experience for how people play. Whilst I say I could play without mods (equipment), I'm not sure I would enjoy as much without the wide variety of maps that we get to choose from.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Bdunst86

Post by Bdunst86 »

Maybe
dazetimez

Post by dazetimez »

Nope, if we were forced to play Farm Sim on PC with no mods, there would be no point. The mods are what keep the game real for us in the US since there seems to be no one listening at GIANTS. The US players need US equipment, we are not going to play with the default in game equipment because the mods are better at this point. If GIANTS wants to make Farm Sim a true world wide game, then you need to include maps and mods that look and function like their US versions. I almost quit playing FS19 after 4 days because the US Map was terrible. Instead myself and a friend decided to build Michigan Farms for PC which was the first mod map built for FS19 from the ground up.

Daze Farms (Daze Gaming)