What's going on, on your farm?

Dagrump

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Dagrump »

Well harvesting my soybeans did not go well at all. Had a two day wait for rainy weather and then got about 20% of the crop in when the rain started up again. Waited better than another day before it was dry enough to resume harvesting. As soon as the harvester started to move the remaining crop of beans turned to dust. Just withered right up as I sat and watched. :confusednew: *thumbsdown* Sure has puts a big wrinkle in expansion plans.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Hogs are fed up and waiting on wheat to come in. All equipment washed, serviced, and ready to rock when wheat is ready for harvest. Hoping to get that knocked out before Seasons releases since that's the only thing I have in the fields at this time (my imaginary winter wheat).
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

We are still baling cotton on Marwell. Once the market goes our way, we could make a half million pounds from one field. It’s good money. Once we found a hybrid that grows well here in the UK.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Harvest has started at Docklands Farm in Sussex, first load of wheat off the combine !

Making a start right behind the combine with the new Vaderstad Carrier XL825 which replaced a well worn 6mtr Kuhn Discolander XM52
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Today my new pallet system arrived at the dealers. Quick and easy install. Finally some order in the barn.

Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Rolling Done. Duals off the 399. Fertiliser bought. Fertiliser spread. Grass cut. Grass bailed. Grass wrapped.
Last edited by EyesJoshuaMF on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

On the other side of Sussex , only a few miles from Docklands Farm, Abbot Farms are just finishing their sunflowers & putting in their winter barley

Play time > Ford TW20
wombles

Post by wombles »

Nice morning too spend some money :(.

Loading the fert & seed.

Hmm might be a tough pull for the 6m, i'll use the 6r next time.

Doesn't look like much in the seed shed. :(

Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Already started a save game in France & this morning I developed the piggery area, built a small farm behind the piggery & a house across the road , merged a few smaller fields & planted some barley, tractor fleet is MF 3090 2wd, 3080 4wd & MF 5613for loader work & bizonn combine for the small acreage

Play time > Ford TW20
VMD100

Post by VMD100 »

The first year has just gone by having taken over the Dairy farm of Greenwich valley - sold excess silage, hay and straw bales and patiently waiting for cattle milk production to begin, grass is cut and until crops grow there is little to do.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

We have been spreading slurry with our new Abbey spreader. We are about a mile or so from the main farm, so we are making some trips back and forth, enjoying the scenery. Marwell is a beautiful place.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Contractor came to bring in our wheat, all seven fields finished, and now onto ploughing!
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Nilt

Post by Nilt »

I've been slowly expanding my Midwest Horizon properties. I sold the starting ones, picked up 9, 12, and 13 then combined 12 & 13. I ran harvest contracts for a while then turned field 9 into a home base when I had the funds. I just bought field 14 last night and am working on getting it set up so I have one giant field to plant. Once the kiddo's done with gifts (only 16 so groggy even at almost noon after a late night at the ex's) and heads up to play games with friends since at 16 they're far too cool to hand with parents, I'll load it up and lime the fields then start some lumber work to clear the trees. I've got just over 1.5 million in cash from selling my most recent canola harvests when there was a high demand at the Horizon Co-op if I remember the name right.

Whee!
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

Just moved to Lone Oak Farm. Sold off the 8400R and Harvester, bought a new ripper and 7310 and will be putting in corn (chaff) for the cattle I will be buying mid to late summer. Hoping to have a herd of about 100, might need to invest in the new JD forage harvester for the amount of acres I currently own. (only on 6 day seasons atm) I'm torn on whether I should buy beef or dairy cattle to start. Any info you guys could provide would be much appreciated. :smileynew:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC
VMD100

Post by VMD100 »

BigFarmerJohn wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:47 pm Just moved to Lone Oak Farm. Sold off the 8400R and Harvester, bought a new ripper and 7310 and will be putting in corn (chaff) for the cattle I will be buying mid to late summer. Hoping to have a herd of about 100, might need to invest in the new JD forage harvester for the amount of acres I currently own. (only on 6 day seasons atm) I'm torn on whether I should buy beef or dairy cattle to start. Any info you guys could provide would be much appreciated. :smileynew:
Dairy will take almost a year from purchase before you see any return on investment - beef is far less for a high profit