Contract Work Solution

Noraf

Re: Contract Work Solution

Post by Noraf »

^if you're on pc, the multiple missions mod would fit that bill ;)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Dagrump wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:10 pm I like doing contracts, but I am selective in terms of dollars offered. I generally only take on jobs $10,000 or greater. There are a couple of options I would like to see in the contracts scenario, like doing more than one contract at a time. Another option would be to look at the contract options menu and select all the jobs on the screen you want to do. There has been several time a really large contract is offered with a few other nice ones also available. So you take the large contract and when you are finished the other good ones are gone.

I basically try to pay for my equipment expansion doing contracts and land expansion with harvest income. Learning Course Play has really made doing contracts easier and I can keep other equipment busy while doing my own farm work.

As Crazof said the greatest thing about the game is playing it the way you want to - make your own rules. :biggrin2:
There is a multiple contracts mod for PC. Search "FS19 multiple contracts"
My apology if I'm mistaken about your platform. It looks from your signature like you're on PC.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thanks Direct Cedar and Noraf! I am on a PC so I will look into the multiple contracts mod. *thumbsup*
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

After reading some of these comments, I started a new farmer game on Marwell at a slower pace, normal difficulty, and keep the clock at 1x and 120x at dark. I will say it has been a lot more relaxing than my previous style and there is definitely enough to do. My one complaint is with the actual Marwel map: they give you a HUGE, very odd-shaped field that needs plowed, limed, fertilized (the biggest field on the map) and you have starting equipment to do it with. Also, you can't sell it because it's included in the starting farm. It took me forever and was very expensive to get planted and now I dread harvesting it with the starting harvester. Other than that I love the Marwell map and this new style of gameplay. Thanks for the ideas.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

nothing is forcing you to use that field, you could have left it alone, but now that you have it sorted just don't do anything that will cause you to plow it again
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Or I could have only used half of it. But what I actually wanted to do was sell it and buy a smaller field and some additional equipment. Having an unused field also bugs me. :)
I got through it however. And so far i really love this map.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

When the game came out all I did was contracts. Sold all the equipment and leased a big combine, tractor and grain cart, semi and hopper bottom, along with the Hardi sprayer. Made quick money. Spraying contracts were the highest return. (This was before money mod)
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I like Contracts in the game, however I do find they seem to be a little bit imblanced. The jobs that take a long time to do such as Cultivating, Ploughing and Baling pay so little that it makes them completely not worth doing. Seeding/Sowing Contracts can be okay, but to make good money I find it's best to use a Seeder/Planter that doesn't have a fertiliser option or function, the contracts don't pay you more or less if you use fertiliser or not, the farmers don't seem to care if you use fertiliser or not, so by using fertiliser you're cutting into your own profit from the contract. Harvesting Contracts where you get paid for the contract and then paid again for excess crop, just doesn't make sense. They should just pay you for the contract, remove the excess crop payment, as it makes little sense that a farmer would let you keep and sell half his product.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:34 pm I like Contracts in the game, however I do find they seem to be a little bit imblanced. The jobs that take a long time to do such as Cultivating, Ploughing and Baling pay so little that it makes them completely not worth doing. Seeding/Sowing Contracts can be okay, but to make good money I find it's best to use a Seeder/Planter that doesn't have a fertiliser option or function, the contracts don't pay you more or less if you use fertiliser or not, the farmers don't seem to care if you use fertiliser or not, so by using fertiliser you're cutting into your own profit from the contract. Harvesting Contracts where you get paid for the contract and then paid again for excess crop, just doesn't make sense. They should just pay you for the contract, remove the excess crop payment, as it makes little sense that a farmer would let you keep and sell half his product.
Regarding the harvesting contracts, if you take your own product to the sell point (before harvesting his field), instead of getting paid for your own product, it goes toward the contract. They really should workout the issues with harvesting contracts.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well yeah, because it is the same crop in the same sell point. Not much can be done about that. Haul your stuff before the contract or arrest not in the middle. Thata your fix on your error. That's a user error not a game error.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

My favorite is when they ask you to bail, wrap and deliver like 15 acres and then offer like $7,000. Do you know how long it takes to bail, wrap and deliver that big of a field ?? lol I could easily make that mowing the edges of my own fields one time, which would take like 20 minutes. I only play about 2 hours a night, I'm not going to waste a whole hour for $7,000. I would just return to the shop and end up paying all that back to maintain all the equipment and fill it anyway.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:31 pm Well yeah, because it is the same crop in the same sell point. Not much can be done about that. Haul your stuff before the contract or arrest not in the middle. Thata your fix on your error. That's a user error not a game error.
I know how to work around the issue. I was just pointing out the fact they should fix it. Calling it user error is a bit silly. You sell your own crop, and your neighbor gets the cash? Seems like a programming issue to me.
"Not much can be done about that"...well I guess that depends on the developers.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

There is definitely programming issues with the whole Harvest Contract, in fact I raised a Bug Report back in May for some of the issues with Harvest Contracts, the mechanics of it, and the information displayed on screen during contracts. I've just checked and the report got moved to the Known Issues sub-forum and the last post by a Giants Employee was in June, and you can probably guess the response was "We've noted this but can't promise it'll be fixed." Obviously here we are in December and the issue was never fixed and probably never will be. I would imagine it'll probably even be in FS21 at launch.

One other thing I forgot to add about Contracts in my post higher up, and this probably is more a thing to do with mod maps and mod authors. I have begun to notice on a lot of map releases recently that not all fields have contracts on a map and some maps only have contracts of one kind usually baling. I hope this can be looked into and corrected, or someone who knows how to fix this in a map with Giants Editor could post a detailed and step by step guide on how to do this so people like me with a bit computer experience and modding experience, could actually correct some of these maps ourselves if the authors are not going to release updates.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 pm I know how to work around the issue. I was just pointing out the fact they should fix it. Calling it user error is a bit silly. You sell your own crop, and your neighbor gets the cash? Seems like a programming issue to me.
"Not much can be done about that"...well I guess that depends on the developers.
I call it that because programming can only go so far. Look at this way, irl you call the elevator that you will be delivering corn for your neighbor. Therefore they will be thinking when you deliver it will be for your neighbor because that what you told them you would do. Irl you can tell change the elevator when you pull I'm the, but the game can't decipher it because it would be impossible to tell the different of the same crop type. Hence, user error.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I have never encountered the situation discussed as I have only owned two harvesters at the same time on FS17 and even then I did not do a harvest contract while harvesting my own fields. But I think this could be solved if either Giant or the modders could attach a filed of origin key to the load so the elevator could identify the load to post either to the contract or the gamers farm account.

But I have always utilized contracts and I just checked my Hoosier Heartland map stats and in the last 4 or 5 days earned in excess of $350,000 mostly fertilizing which would deduct about 20% from the income.

Whether the contract amounts represent real life, I have no idea but I will accept any amount that Giants gives me and hopefully its an unrealistic huge amount. :biggrin2:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan