Contract Work Solution

FarmBoss

Re: Contract Work Solution

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 pm I know how to work around the issue. I was just pointing out the fact they should fix it. Calling it user error is a bit silly. You sell your own crop, and your neighbor gets the cash? Seems like a programming issue to me.
"Not much can be done about that"...well I guess that depends on the developers.
I call it that because programming can only go so far. Look at this way, irl you call the elevator that you will be delivering corn for your neighbor. Therefore they will be thinking when you deliver it will be for your neighbor because that what you told them you would do. Irl you can tell change the elevator when you pull I'm the, but the game can't decipher it because it would be impossible to tell the different of the same crop type. Hence, user error.
Maybe if they can't do it right, they shouldn't do it at all.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:50 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 pm I know how to work around the issue. I was just pointing out the fact they should fix it. Calling it user error is a bit silly. You sell your own crop, and your neighbor gets the cash? Seems like a programming issue to me.
"Not much can be done about that"...well I guess that depends on the developers.
I call it that because programming can only go so far. Look at this way, irl you call the elevator that you will be delivering corn for your neighbor. Therefore they will be thinking when you deliver it will be for your neighbor because that what you told them you would do. Irl you can tell change the elevator when you pull I'm the, but the game can't decipher it because it would be impossible to tell the different of the same crop type. Hence, user error.
Maybe if they can't do it right, they shouldn't do it at all.
Or maybe they are doing something else?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Yes, they're clearly doing something else.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I personally don't think there should be any excess crops that you would make money on. What Farmer would let someone take their crop?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:00 pm There is definitely programming issues with the whole Harvest Contract, in fact I raised a Bug Report back in May for some of the issues with Harvest Contracts, the mechanics of it, and the information displayed on screen during contracts. I've just checked and the report got moved to the Known Issues sub-forum and the last post by a Giants Employee was in June, and you can probably guess the response was "We've noted this but can't promise it'll be fixed." Obviously here we are in December and the issue was never fixed and probably never will be. I would imagine it'll probably even be in FS21 at launch.

One other thing I forgot to add about Contracts in my post higher up, and this probably is more a thing to do with mod maps and mod authors. I have begun to notice on a lot of map releases recently that not all fields have contracts on a map and some maps only have contracts of one kind usually baling. I hope this can be looked into and corrected, or someone who knows how to fix this in a map with Giants Editor could post a detailed and step by step guide on how to do this so people like me with a bit computer experience and modding experience, could actually correct some of these maps ourselves if the authors are not going to release updates.
What were the issues you raised? I've never really encountered any problems with contracts.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Alot of the stuff I raised in my bug report was more to do with some of the mechanic changes and UI changes that Giants made in their first patch for the game back in February, which just lead to the game now display misleading and contradicting information on the contract screen as well as now having totally nonsensical gameplay. A lot of it applied to all contracts in the game and not just Harvesting. However some of the harvest specific issues that I included in my bug report that never got fixed were the screen showing you a penalty for missing crops and a negative value for the contract, which is very confusing to new players of the game, or those that didn't actually pay attention to the money in the top left of the screen as they were doing the contract. This bug reported by mutliple people at the time was never fixed in any of the patches that came out, I even mentioned it again after Patch 1.4 and as of the latest Patch 1.5 is still there too. The other thing with Harvest Contracts as well of course is the really implausible aspect that a farmer would let you keep and sell half their crop for your own profit. If a farmer hires you to harvest is field and offers you X money, when you harvest that field you should only get paid X money. If the field has 25,000 litres of crop on it, that farmer who offered the contract should receive all 25,000 litres.

The bug report can be viewed in the bug report/known issues/won't fix section of the forums: viewtopic.php?f=1001&t=147260
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

I agree with you.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:07 pm I personally don't think there should be any excess crops that you would make money on. What Farmer would let someone take their crop?
Programming can only go so far. Look at it this way, irl you can tell your neighbor that you got more crop than he expected and give him all the money. But the game can't decipher it because it would be impossible for your neighbor to know how much crop you harvested from his field.
Illinois Farmer

Ok smartalec. Programming can be changed on giving you the extra amount of crops. If you pulled that irl you would be stealing send deserve to go to jail. Good try.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

It's not a good idea to try and trace a crop to its source you would need to label each liter of crop with the source somehow and it wouldn't be worth it. Even in real life it's a chore, I'm not a farmer, I am actually a logger, but we assign tickets to loads and send them to the mill. If the trucker stops on his way to the mill and takes some logs off at his house, we would never really detect that. It is just estimated how much should be in each load, a large amount would raise alarm but it isn't worth it to itemize every log. In this game sometimes the fields are annoying shaped and requiring 100% of the expected crop to be delivered would be very annoying. If it bugs you that there is some leeway, just donate the crop to charity (i.e dump it in the river). Or maybe the people we work for in this game are nice (they certainly look nice ;) )and let us have the extra to feed our poor family at home. Bless their hearts and thank you <3
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Or give it to the birds - they are so hungry - half the time they are in the middle of the road eating rocks =O maybe have a heart yourself
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

The other half of the time they are flying through my harvester. I guess programming can only go so far. Look at it this way, irl birds know that they cannot fly through a solid object. But the game birds can't decipher what is solid and what is not.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

At least they won't tip over your hauler with a load of grain like running into a road sign. :neutralnew:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan