Sussex 19 release

Corstaad

Re: Sussex 19 release

Post by Corstaad »

I have a large percent of the AI not planting fields. I'm using MN geo and deleted most mods. Is this a geo problem or is this a missions issue?
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I still can’t get fertilizer and seeds into the loading places on the farm. I got lime, water on the farm and diesel at the workshop, but I’m stuck with this.
Harada

Post by Harada »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:58 pm I still can’t get fertilizer and seeds into the loading places on the farm. I got lime, water on the farm and diesel at the workshop, but I’m stuck with this.
Maybe this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTUsvowlClc&app=desktop
XBox Series S
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Corstaad wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:46 pm I have a large percent of the AI not planting fields. I'm using MN geo and deleted most mods. Is this a geo problem or is this a missions issue?
Did you try it with out seasons or geos enabled?
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
BigPapaMax68

Post by BigPapaMax68 »

I have a transport mission from Pure Water to fruits and veg. I tried bringing water to the green houses but that isnt it. I didnt see any pallets near the water plant. Any ideas? Hey Jim I contacted ya on FB about the CLAAS telehandler not opening the gate at shop. Once again this is a "AWESOME" map. Thank you so much for your time making the maps you do.

Thanks,
BigPapaMax68 (xbox gt)
FS 13, 15, 17 & 19
XBOX 1
BigPapaMax68

Post by BigPapaMax68 »

BigPapaMax68 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:08 pm I have a transport mission from Pure Water to fruits and veg. I tried bringing water to the green houses but that isnt it. I didnt see any pallets near the water plant. Any ideas? Hey Jim I contacted ya on FB about the CLAAS telehandler not opening the gate at shop. Once again this is a "AWESOME" map. Thank you so much for your time making the maps you do.

Thanks,
BigPapaMax68 (xbox gt)

I figured the mission out. Was at purified water needed to be at pure water factory. 🤣
FS 13, 15, 17 & 19
XBOX 1
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Thank you, everyone. You all helped me quite a lot!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

BigPapaMax68 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:08 pm I have a transport mission from Pure Water to fruits and veg. I tried bringing water to the green houses but that isnt it. I didnt see any pallets near the water plant. Any ideas? Hey Jim I contacted ya on FB about the CLAAS telehandler not opening the gate at shop. Once again this is a "AWESOME" map. Thank you so much for your time making the maps you do.

Thanks,
BigPapaMax68 (xbox gt)
As MrSealyP showed in a video, probably the only practical use of wheelbarrow mod is to stick it right under the gate when its open. The trigger recognizes the one wheel wonder and stays open all the time. A viewer told him but I can't remember persons name.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:01 pm This is a great map, I love all the extra things to do here, this is my new long term map. The delivery and contracts options make this map superior to the Oxy maps in my opinion, but I was definitely torn.
I have one suggestion/request about it: I know the slot count is very low, which I appreciate, but at the same time, just coming from Marwell and Lone Oak, this map seems a little unpolished around the edges. I don't really know what it is missing, but the roads seem a little cartoonish and there isn't very many different ground textures. I spent about an hour last night trying to add detail to the shop yard, but I wanted to even start buying places like the shipyard and adding detail. The surfaces and buildings around the map look a little drab (not the usable buildings, the generic ones for show). They need more surrounding detail, like grass and soil colors. There's not very much I can do with the editor with a few soil types and ground decals, but I felt I needed to add a little bit of clutter around as it looked a little flat and toneless.
That being said, I am sold on this map and plan on spending a good amount of time here, added details or not. Maybe I just spent too long on the Oxy maps...
The cartoon roads is sadly a side effect from the port to pc to consoles it isn't fixable.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

It's a texture of the roads, it doesn't take away anything from the map. I haven't played a lot on Sussex, but my only real complaint is the green houses have to be filled every day. They bring good money in but sometimes it can be a bit tricky to notice they are out and have to go fill them. On console they only way to know is run around checking each one to know exactly which ones are empty, or watch you income every game hour to see that youmade the same amount of money.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

The roads in Lone Oak and Marwell are so much more fun to drive on, they have cracks in them, realistic colors and lines, and the boarders have like 4 different textures as they turn into fields. I think details like those are what make the Oxy maps so good, so expecting everyone to be able to do that would be a stretch. That being said, I have started to expect it as I mostly played on vanilla and oxy maps. It initially threw me off when I started on Sussex.
What is the difference between the Oxy maps and the Sussex map that isn't fixable?
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:30 pm The roads in Lone Oak and Marwell are so much more fun to drive on, they have cracks in them, realistic colors and lines, and the boarders have like 4 different textures as they turn into fields. I think details like those are what make the Oxy maps so good, so expecting everyone to be able to do that would be a stretch. That being said, I have started to expect it as I mostly played on vanilla and oxy maps. It initially threw me off when I started on Sussex.
What is the difference between the Oxy maps and the Sussex map that isn't fixable?
Oxy maps feel like real life so not all square fields a lot off bushes hedges and trees around more buildings. The road textures and a lot off worn out building textures also.

Alien jim does an outstanding job with creating moveable objects and different gameplay ideas. But all off the maps feel like i am in a game and not real life to me. The roads are to straight on sussex for me and to brand new.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

The big difference is that AlienJim creates Maps, where everyone can Play his or her way. Oxygen Davids Maps are great Looking and very realistic (even on console they look beatyful). But realistic fields can be a real pain if you are on console an Play on your own. Ever started on marwell (was it Oxygen david or bullet bill?)? I started to Harvest one of those fields and used a helper while I was mowing the big grass-field. Never finished that. Tried a second time - that was after the landscaping tool came out. Squared out the fields but I could not manage to make them helper-friendly.

On AlienJims Maps you can let the helper do his work without preparing the fields massivly and you do your own. If you want, you can Combine fields and shape them in a less unrealistic form. Plus the Maps have something Special on them like free lime, greenhouses for extra Money Special Transport Jobs (even those which are not in the Job list like transporting air from a buy-point to a sellpoint).

As FS 19 came out and the first Maps were released on Modhub I predicted two main categories in Maps: Those which are very realistic and you can Play on as new Farmer (just look at marwells farmground when everything is sold or new Woodshire etc as there are no alternatives to build a proper Farmyard) and those where you can do what you want and it does not matter if you start from Scratch or as new farmer (AlienJim usually puts in lots of placable Areas). Each Map has it's own pros and cons and every map will have their own fanbase.

I love to see others Play on those realistic Maps. Lone Oak is a Map I would really love to spend Hours on. But every time I try (and I did try a lot of different Setups) I can't get into the map like i can on other Maps.
PS4 und PC
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Phigo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:34 am But realistic fields can be a real pain if you are on console an Play on your own.
I don't think this is the issue as there are square fields in Lone Oak and the helpers do a very good job of helping. Lone Oak also has all the detail that make it so much more real which means more fun to play on. I know there is always the debate about what is more important: graphics or gameplay. I don't really know where to weigh in on that one, but I know there is a certain point where the Sussex map just feels a little too cartoonish. I really like all the potential and side things to do but the lack of graphics takes a lot away in my opinion.
Luckily I have a solution: Let OxygenDavid overhaul the Sussex map. They did a very good job overhauling the Bulletbill map for Lone Oak, Sussex would be even better with all of the cool things Jim has came up with on this map.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:18 pm
Phigo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:34 am But realistic fields can be a real pain if you are on console an Play on your own.
I don't think this is the issue as there are square fields in Lone Oak and the helpers do a very good job of helping. Lone Oak also has all the detail that make it so much more real which means more fun to play on. I know there is always the debate about what is more important: graphics or gameplay. I don't really know where to weigh in on that one, but I know there is a certain point where the Sussex map just feels a little too cartoonish. I really like all the potential and side things to do but the lack of graphics takes a lot away in my opinion.
Luckily I have a solution: Let OxygenDavid overhaul the Sussex map. They did a very good job overhauling the Bulletbill map for Lone Oak, Sussex would be even better with all of the cool things Jim has came up with on this map.
I would love to see them working together on a new map not overhaul somebody's work
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen: