Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

AgriJock

Re: Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

Post by AgriJock »

Drilling winter barley, leaving endriggs to the end.

Note the furrow press. If conditions are right it makes a really tidy job, and you don't need to waste the diesel and a tractor rolling it flat, also means the seed drill gets an easier job and can go up a few gears.

Ploughing with the new lemken 6 furrow, note the endriggs will be done afterwards, and how straight that ploughing is on a hill :)
AgriJock

Re: Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

Post by AgriJock »

Lexie wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:06 pm For me the biggest problem with FS19 are the broken sounds, it's taking away enjoyment and because of it most tractors are not usable for me. Most of time I'm using the NH T6, Case 7200 series, Fiat 1300DT or JCB Fasttrac 4220. Those tractors do not so annoy me as the rest does. JD's are sounding terrible, very loud and annoying incab and so do many others. Also tractors from Claas DLC are not sounding great, and I can not understand they did not fix this issue and go back to the FS17 sounds.

Also the map boarders are ugly, taking out the feel of the mp. In FS17 you had the feel the map go way further, but in 19 you knows exactly where the map is ending.

And yes there are positive changes in FS19, but still want to go back to FS17 for sounds and some other things, but can't because I'm missing to many new FS19 features.
Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead and go back to 17 now! :hmm:

I don't want to get pulled into enjoying some new 19 features then go back to 17 and end up in the situation where I'm not enjoying either.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I buyed FS19 in august I think, so yeah I was already late. If you can be happy by still playing FS17 I would advise to do so.
For me it is to late right now, so have to live with a very few tractor choices, others are to much irritating me.
But unless the irritating souds of many tractors, the NH T6 BluePower (PS4 exclusive) is my favorite and has a acceptable sound.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

To answer the original question, no I don't think there was anything disappointing about 19. Since the day I bought it I haven't even considered playing 17 again, it isn't even on my new laptop.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

So you're saying there is nothing wrong with the sounds as nothing is disappointing you?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

As previously stated, everyone has different tolerance to things. For me personally, I could care less about the sounds. I usually am watching tv while playing or listening to music.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I can say I don't feel let down to me 19 is 100% better on graphics and everything else and with the new and improved seasons it's even better
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I agree that there are lot of flaws in FS19, like the things you have pointed out here.

I would prefer modded FS19 (seasons and courseplay included) over FS17 anytime, these two mods did a huge jump for me.
Did not like Seasons in FS17 at all and had lot of problems with courseplay.

Also i did not come here to complain about lighting and sound, but i bought better screen, tweaked colors, new headphones, with better lows
and now these two are not big issue for me anymore. And basically the jump from FullHD textures to 4k is a huge jump, FS17 looks like a ten year
old game on 4k screen compared to FS19.
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

I have a save game on my favourite map, BulletBill’s West Coast at the moment. I’ve been playing with all of my favourite Massey Ferguson mods that don’t (officially) exist for 19, getting stuck in fields thanks to MR and slipping through the 18speedshift transmission on the MF 399 thanks to Gearbox.

I do own 19. There’s loads of great mods and maps by the likes of OxygenDavid, SIID modding, Wopster, along with many others... but really I just love ploughing, harrowing, seeding, rolling, and carting with the Masseys, on the West Coast. The graphics are so warm and the lighting has a natural ambience to it, plus I love the sound with Gearbox...

If you like 19... go and play it. I see why you do. But at the end of the day everyone’s playstyle and pereferences are different.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

At the end of the day it's a cookie cutter type of a game. They made a few tweaks but overall it plays the exact same way. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable to play because at times it very much is.. Graphics had an overhaul and looks better, seasons makes the game actually playable because it is very dull without it and there isn't any question or debate about that. Looking forward to FS21 :hi:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

You are not alone. It is an incomplete game. The modders are doing the best they can, and players heavily depend on them.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:50 pm Although because of Fs19 good improvements that has soured the feel of Fs17 now.

I just feel stuck in limbo between both games. Neither is good enough for me to enjoy fully now.
You hit the nail right on the head with that comment BB. Having same issue with seasons too, there are a few aspects I enjoy like beef cattle and even lambs for meat, but over all it saps the fun out of the game.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Nope
the big print giveth the small print taketh
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

What does 19 have that 17 doesn't?

19 was my first Farm Sim, bought brand new at release so I've seen fs19 mature over the past 12 months. When I was deciding wether to get 17 or 19 I could see 17 had much more dlc and mods but chose 19 on the basis the latest version would be better.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:25 am What does 19 have that 17 doesn't?

19 was my first Farm Sim, bought brand new at release so I've seen fs19 mature over the past 12 months. When I was deciding wether to get 17 or 19 I could see 17 had much more dlc and mods but chose 19 on the basis the latest version would be better.
If you haven't played 17 then you you're in good shape. 19 isn't bad, it just doesn't have the same feel to me as 17, and needs some features to be completed (IMHO).