Seasons and lighting.

BreadedVirus

Seasons and lighting.

Post by BreadedVirus »

Am I right that seasons uses a different lighting effect?

Comparing a map with seasons and one without seasons, the lighting effects seem different.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
bojanh66

Re: Seasons and lighting.

Post by bojanh66 »

Thats true.
For example,Oxygendavid's maps use different lightning shaders, but unfortunately, Seasons overwrites them, so his maps looks amazing only without Seasons.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

bojanh66 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:50 pm Thats true.
For example,Oxygendavid's maps use different lightning shaders, but unfortunately, Seasons overwrites them, so his maps looks amazing only without Seasons.
I politely disagree. I've always found his maps to be quite dark (sky, grass, shadows). And I've found in enjoying the lighting more now. Maybe I'm the only crazy in the room though.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

OK mate, everyone have different taste for shaders.
Cheers.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I can’t get into the lighting for seasons. I like the lighting settings on Marwell without seasons, I’ve gotten so used to them that the lime green leaves during spring in seasons looks really cartoony. I don’t know. I have OCD issues with this new lighting engine for 19. I like certain aspects of it, and I really hate other aspects of it. The foggy haze off in the distance in seasons is a nice touch though. I don’t really like the lighter grass colors either for short grass. This is all my personal opinion though, not a knock on the modders or anyone who likes it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:59 pm I can’t get into the lighting for seasons. I like the lighting settings on Marwell without seasons, I’ve gotten so used to them that the lime green leaves during spring in seasons looks really cartoony. I don’t know. I have OCD issues with this new lighting engine for 19. I like certain aspects of it, and I really hate other aspects of it. The foggy haze off in the distance in seasons is a nice touch though. I don’t really like the lighter grass colors either for short grass. This is all my personal opinion though, not a knock on the modders or anyone who likes it.
The over saturated colour of the trees in default Seasons is something personally I've not liked as it does look cartoon-ish to me.

I know chatting to Rahkiin (Realismus Modding) people would also complain if they made them more muted or toned down colours.
Another factor was wanting to make the trees visually obvious to all players which season your in.

Personally I prefer to alter the colours so they have a more natural look.

Some people would argue and show you how bright leaves are in RL which is true... but for me I try to alter it so it looks like the forests and woodlands around where I live, from a distance rather than matching the leaf colour exactly.

These days it seems you have so many players preferring aspects differently to each other it's impossible to please them all.

Although making stuff easily adjusted helps as then players can cater it to there own tastes more.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:11 pm ...
These days it seems you have so many players preferring aspects differently to each other it's impossible to please them all.
Very true. And I think with everything available in the ModHub and everywhere else, we don't have to like the same things. You can play 17 if you want, (which I know you do, lol). You can play 19 with or without seasons. No body is judging, or at least shouldn't. But at the same time, we can voice our opinions, and the powers that be can choose or not choose to act. We just need to, as a fandom as a whole, to not feel threatened, when others (individually) don't think as we think. I do enjoy your viewpoint, BB. A sane voice in the community at the very least.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

GIANTS are never going to be able to cater for every players personal preferences.

What we need them to do is make a good solid foundation for the Modding community to be able to build on.

That way the community gets the diversity of mods it wants, and GIANTS get more players happier with there game, more likely to buy the latest DLC and more likely to pre-order the next version.

But thats a whole other conversation in its own right.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I agree with that. As of right now I won't be buying fs21 unless there is some dramatic change/new features.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking seasons because of the different lighting, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything on my end that was causing it.
the big print giveth the small print taketh