What's going on, on your farm?

wombles

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by wombles »

Earning some coin to pay for my fertilizer and lime.

dimi

Post by dimi »

The second year on the campaign of France is almost coming to an end.

Earlier this autumn it was time to harvest the last crop of the year. despite the extremely wet weather, it was a good year and we managed to finish everything in time.

Today we needed to bring the Limousin cattle that was grazing in the pastures in for winter. The weather is still fine now, and there is plenty of grass left, but the weather will be changing soon. The forecast shows frost and snow in the coming days.

Luckily the silage was just finished fermenting otherwise feeding them would be a problem. Here is a picture harvesting the corn for silage earlier in the year
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Well second drilling campaign in France is underway at Townsend farm due to some good deals at the dealers we saw 4 of the old Fiats go to be swapped in for a trio of Deutz, 6.61, 4.71 & a 4.61 ,they seem to be well suited to this area , we kept back one fiat 880 which now spends it's time hitched up to the fertilizer spreader permanently, here's a few pics ...

Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Nilt

Post by Nilt »

I spent a bunch of time on Midwest Horizon cutting trees to combine fields 12, 13, and 14 into one giant squarish field, though the edges have enough curves and such to keep it interesting. I got enough for the various trees and what I had planted in field 10 to buy fields 8 and 81. Just combined those as well, though 81 had cotton on it. That took forever to harvest but at least it paid off the field and then some. Same with 8 which was "just" oats but harvesting both those still netted me about half a mil total profit. I combined 10, 81, and 8 all into one L shaped field.

Now I'm working on planting what I think of as the west field with wheat. I'll start on the east field next and do something else, maybe corn since that's in great demand at the sell point on my farm. Dunno how long that lasts, though, so it might not be worth it. I hope to have sufficient funds after harvesting both to grab and make one more huge field, maybe south of the other two.

Crappy screenie in spoiler. Not anything pretty worth taking a shot of at the moment.
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

I was struggling to get all of my autumn cultivations done with the Lemken Powerharrow as harvest finished a little later than expected. I decided it was time to experiment with quicker cultivations to see if it would impact yield, so I went over to FS Community Trader and managed to pick up a nice Kuhn cultivator for the MF 7499 - the dealer had a second hand one in stock so I managed to get a nice deal, especially considering its condition.
Ploughing is finished for the year, so now all that’s left is getting the rest of the ploughed ground disked with the 399 and the stubble fields cultivated... Then we shall move onto winter planting, possibly saving some room to try out potatoes if we can afford some more land....
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Nilt

Post by Nilt »

Whew! Finally managed to get both "main fields" fully planted and fertilized. Took some tinkering and a new tractor with narrow tires since I screwed up and had to do the second half after the crops had sprouted but I finally got it done. (Now I just need to figure out if liquid fertilizer or solid is a better deal in terms of dollar per hectare.

Anyhow, here's the newest addition to my small fleet. (Full size images in spoilers.)

And here's the field setup I've got going on Midwest Horizon. Field 9 is entirely my home base with a farmhouse, vehicle shelters, and so forth.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I have been working as a consultant for a farmer in Lone Oak Farms, Oregon. It’s nice to try some N.American spec machinery, but it’s not my cup of tea. I’m happy to head back across the pond to Marwell Manor. We have to rip up our harvested cotton to put in some winter wheat. The 7250r is in the shop for a couple days getting done work done. So the Xerion will be getting a work out for now.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

After a long cold Winter, Spring has finally arrived on the server... Finished off the last of the cultivation work ready for Spring planting.
Also helped a local dairy farmer cart some silage.

Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Starting a new farm without seasons. I'm tired of spending hours waiting around for the seasons to rotate.
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:37 pm Starting a new farm without seasons. I'm tired of spending hours waiting around for the seasons to rotate.
Why don’t you just run 3 day seasons then? Depending on your farms size that’s a good balance to keep it changing but still have the time to do what you need to do
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

It literally doesn't take anytime at all to go 120x speed on 3 day seasons as was said before. You must run 12 day seasons or simply can't comprehend how to change the seasons length in the new menu. :biggrin2:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I finally finished vertical tillage on the big cotton field that was harvested. John Deere 6250r is still in the shop. They can't figure out the hydraulic issues with it. Might be looking for a new machine. We've been wanting do downsize the Xerion to a Deere 8r. Although a couple towns over, a New Holland dealership has a T9 on tracks that they might let us demo, since we some business with them. It won't really help us with what we're missing with the 6r, but hey...new tractor to play with.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Happy New Year to all you virtual and real farmers! I am just finishing harvesting the third season on my new location on the Hoosier Heartland map. I am just starting to harvest the last field of 63 acres of soybeans. With what product I already have stored in my silo and the soybeans should pay off $475,000 of debt and allow some more land acquisition. There is a 39 tillable acre field available near my farm. Things are going well on my farm.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Newholland T8 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:22 pm Why don’t you just run 3 day seasons then? Depending on your farms size that’s a good balance to keep it changing but still have the time to do what you need to do
Rain is too random and therefore can have sections of time where it rains for the entire day/day time and screws up the activities.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

Just started Woodshire with seasons on start from scratch. So far, I've got a woodland parcel up in the hills with one field directly north of the sheep and horse areas. I started out with the old Rodeo pickup, a small flat deck trailer, a chainsaw, Blacksheep/Whitebulls classic Massey loader with a log fork and stumper, and the Ferguson TE-20 with the saw table. I have the container house until I clear enough land for a proper house and the really small coop that holds 6 chickens.

The plan is to earn money doing lumber over the winter to pay for a small hay operation to do over the summer, along with contract work in the spring and fall. By then, hopefully I have enough to afford the Lizard Hulk+ with the log bed and the Liebherr (I know I spelled that wrong lol) excavator to make forestry more efficient. By year two, I should have enough to expand to the sheep and horse farm to the South. That's as far as my planning goes.