Ballydorn Farm

Laughinggravy

Re: Ballydorn Farm

Post by Laughinggravy »

Yes totally agree with you on that one don't know whats going off with Giants these days, did you take a look at Gemeinde Rade? That is a classic map with issues even the wood sell point trigger was in a field half a mile down the road so how that got through testing god knows which is a shame as it looks a really nice map.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've had a look and a drive round. It's very detailed and has a nice atmosphere but the fields look very square.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 am I've had a look and a drive round. It's very detailed and has a nice atmosphere but the fields look very square.
That probably explains why the field defs are set up correctly on this one.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 am
blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 am I've had a look and a drive round. It's very detailed and has a nice atmosphere but the fields look very square.
That probably explains why the field defs are set up correctly on this one.
It's certainly easier to do on square-ish fields, but I think the main reason that so many maps are produced without complete field-defs is because they are not needed except for positioning the field number indicated ... and for things like easy Dev Tools and Enhanced Field info.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

This map uses animal pens from Coldborough Park Farm 17, so nice.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:08 am It's certainly easier to do on square-ish fields, but I think the main reason that so many maps are produced without complete field-defs is because they are not needed except for positioning the field number indicated ... and for things like easy Dev Tools and Enhanced Field info.
From testing I did on Greenwhich Valley, Shamrock and also This is Eire the Field Definitions or lack thereof also effect Contracts and also AI Workers. So defining the size and shape of the fields within a map file is very important and if not done correctly does break some gameplay elements, as well as it visually not looking great, when you start getting patches of different crop appearing on fields, with the bulk of the field being ignored.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I'm having problems with the nexus host site rejecting any user name I try to pick. Anyone else had this?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Dont bother with Nexus, download from here ;)
https://forbidden-mods.de/filebase/file ... n-farm-19/
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Forbidden mods. Sounds legit :lol:
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yea if you click on that link, you will get 100 viruses and malwares and they will take your bank account informations.
Do not click on that link.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=155571

deeretech

Post by deeretech »

Hello all. I'm having an issue after I purchase cows at the main farm trigger, they appear in field ok, but when I go to buy more cows, the trigger won't activate, and the game appears to freeze not cycling through the animal hubs at the other farms etc. If I move away from the trigger the game plays runs ok. I've added part of the log in the hope someone can advise what I should check.
2020-01-08 19:42 C:/Users/Scott/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_RM_Seasons/src/animals/SeasonsAnimals.lua:1694: attempt to index field 'growth' (a nil value)
2020-01-08 19:42 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2020-01-08 19:42 C:/Users/Scott/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_RM_Seasons/src/animals/SeasonsAnimals.lua:1694: attempt to index field 'growth' (a nil value)
2020-01-08 19:42 Warning: Deleting object 'detectionTrigger' before all triggers are removed.
Any help would be appreciated.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Personally I would always recommend getting the mod from the official and original place the mod author uploaded it and intended it to be downloaded from. Respect the mod author and all that before throwing out links to other sites like this forbidden_mods.de etc. Yes it may be a moderated site, but it may also be hosting and re-uploading mods without the original author's permission. So that's something you always need to look out for. Also very sneaky editing of that screengrab, to make it look like that post from juf.de in the original topic you linked to makes it look like he is somehow connected to Giants because of all the German Language and Links in his signature. He's not an employee of Giants just a user of the forums the same as most, so please anyone again take links to modsites posted with extreme caution.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

deeretech wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:21 am
Well your errors are all script errors to do with the Seasons Mod. So firstly I'd do a test by starting a new game on a new save without Seasons, and see if you have the error loading and unloading the cows and the trigger.

Secondly your log didn't show which version of Seasons you have installed and running. You are using the latest version available correct? The reason I ask is I've just spent half and hour trying to help someone on discord who was having a server keep crashing and it turns out he was using version 1.0.1.0 of Seasons and not the latest 1.1.0.0 version.

If you still have the problem on the map without Seasons running then it's a map issue most likely and needs to be feed back to the author via his correct mod link which is at Nexus Mods, which has a very useful function of allowing you to create a bug report, which instantly alerts the Author and he can look into.

If the Triggers work fine without Seasons active, then that points to it being a Seasons Mod issue, and you should probably had over to their GitLab page and open a new issue and provide a copy of your log and the savegame so they can investigate.

aklein

Post by aklein »

Just an FYI on the forbidden-mods download and any other scraper site that has pulled it from who knows where. That workuploaded download link is questionable. I put the mod on nexus mods, I was the only one to have access to the map before I uploaded it and nexus was the only place I put it. I see there are some issues with logging in I would suggest getting with nexus on that. I would be very concerned over downloading the map from this workkuploaded link there is no telling if its a changed version of the map.

I tested many field contracts including mowing and bailing contracts all worked out good. Also in testing I had animals in all the pens with at the time the dev builds of seasons which where just a few releases behind the current modhub release of seasons. Its possible there is a mod conflict with seasons and something else you have activated that is causing the issues.
deeretech

Post by deeretech »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm
deeretech wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:21 am
Thanks for your help cwattyeso. I'll do the checks you have advised.