To Giants--the Seasons Geo's by adub are incorrect. EX.(Ohio)

lefe1

To Giants--the Seasons Geo's by adub are incorrect. EX.(Ohio)

Post by lefe1 »

I haven't been on this forum for a long time. but i had to get on to tell giants if you allow anybody to release a geo, make sure they are correct. i was excited when the Ohio Geo came out. but WOW! when i downloaded it, it was nowhere close to being how we plant crops in Ohio. So this Geo is 100% incorrect. except the only thing you can plant in fall is winter wheat... So Please Giants Stop putting adub geo's out until they are correct. very disappointed on all of his Geo's...

and Ohio's flag looks like this. not what is in the pic for the season Ohio mod....

Last edited by lefe1 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FarmCatJenkins

Re: To Giants--the Seasons Geo's by adub are incorrect. EX.(Ohio)

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Should this be posted in bug reports too maybe?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Wherever it is posted I doubt it will be noticed as there doesn't seem to be much input from Giants on here.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:26 pm Should this be posted in bug reports too maybe?
Moved to the 'ModHub Bug Reports' section, since this topic is about issues with Mods from the ModHub.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Is this being addressed at all? It’s pretty sad that farming on the USA maps is pretty limited since all these GEOs belong in the recycle bin...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

In fairness to Giants, I don't think that they are checking to see if the GEOs are correct, I believe that they simply check them to see if they break the game. Having said that, I agree with you. The Eastern USA GEO is way off. I live in Pennsylvania (howdy neighbor) and worked on farms most of my childhood.
Playing on PC
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Firstly, they don't check accuracy of the model and scripts, they just check if they work and if they don't cause errors. So for this GEO, they're not checking whether the info is correct, just seeing if it corrupts the game or not.

Secondly, if someone gives you something for free you shouldn't complain about the quality. If you are disappointed about a mod, don't use it. Or make it yourself. The modders that put their mods on the ModHub put A LOT of their free time and effort in the mods to get them error free, and they don't make any money off it. So please be a little more respectful. Instead of asking Giants to stop releasing the mods from this person, why don't you contact him/her and politely explain what you think isn't correct and supply him/her with the correct information. This way the mod can be updated and the community can actually benefit from it.
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Actually giants gives them some money, so that statement is false. Also, once he got his geo publish, there mostly likely can't be another Kansas, Ohio, etc geo, so that statement on mod it yourself is irrelevant. Frankly, I rated then all a 1 star because that's as low as you can go. You can still judge them to try and get the modder to a. Correct his/her mistake or b. Improve on future mods. It is like writing a paper, people can still judge it to make it error free and perfect. These mods may work, but they are far from perfect.

Edit: I don't think adub puts that much yolmer considering they are all very similar to each other.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Didn't know they got money from it, my bad. However, that's not going to be a huge amount and more importantly you don't have to pay it. For you, the user, the mod is still free.
You can make the mod yourself, and use it yourself. If you want to distribute it, that's also possible. As long as it's your original work. The name of your mod doesn't really matter. There are for example two Case IH 1455xl's on the ModHub. There are also multiple GEO's for Austria, same for Bavaria. So you can still make and distribute your own GEO if you wanted.

Regardless of whether a mod is accurate or not, and what rating you give it, the OP's attitude is very disrespectful I think.
Belgian solo mod maker
Illinois Farmer

I don't think there is multiple 1455xl. Giants has in their rules for mods to have only 1 mod from their base model. Also, Austria is a country, so yes there will be multiple, like upper Austria, republic of Austria, and Austria. Ohio and Kansas are states. I guess you could name one correct Ohio or correct Kansas ha. Actually maybe central Ohio vs just Ohio. The point still remains though that if people didn't complain then adub would think everything is correct and nothing is wrong with it. Yes, I do believe people need to be respectful about it, but he/she has like 6 geo's incorrect. Adub even said he knows his eastern geo is messed up, but didn't sound like he/she were going to fix it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 am Actually giants gives them some money, so that statement is false.
Not necessarily true. It's optional - if a modder wishes then GIANTS will give a modder's rewards to charities, I believe with GIANTS doubling any charitable donations.
Illinois Farmer

He has admitted he has received money from giants.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

ar1g3 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:31 pm Firstly, they don't check accuracy of the model and scripts, they just check if they work and if they don't cause errors. So for this GEO, they're not checking whether the info is correct, just seeing if it corrupts the game or not.
So I can make my own California GEO where it snows year round, and that's okay provided it doesn't break the game?
heyimbill.com
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Turbojugend wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:46 pm
ar1g3 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:31 pm Firstly, they don't check accuracy of the model and scripts, they just check if they work and if they don't cause errors. So for this GEO, they're not checking whether the info is correct, just seeing if it corrupts the game or not.
So I can make my own California GEO where it snows year round, and that's okay provided it doesn't break the game?
That might be taking it too far, releasing a trailer under the name Case Quadtrac will also not work. That's equivalent to what you say. However, how can they check the way crops are planted in Ohio? That would require a lot of research. They see a GEO with some kind of planting schedule and weather that doesn't look improbable, so that is a mod that works.
Belgian solo mod maker
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

this is old but he should use this for his geo's crops for each state. i posted some examples below. but most crops are on this webpage...
***https://swat.tamu.edu/media/90113/crops ... states.pdf***

CORN FOR OHIO, Planting and Harvest Dates

BEANS FOR OHIO, Planting and Harvest Dates

OATS FOR OHIO,Planting and Harvest Dates

SUGARBEETS FOR OHIO,Planting and Harvest Dates