About this grass on fs 19

kevthedev

fs15 was better when it come to .......

Post by kevthedev »

......cutting grass for silage. If you like me spend time in the real world cutting silage you will know what I'm talking about.
In Fs 19 the grass textures are a huge step backwards. Fs 19 is like a cartoon.
You spend ages ploughing, drilling and then spraying the fields to get a good crop but end up with something that looks like that bellow.

FS19, hardly any grass there after cut.

THE REAL WORLD

This is fs 15

The whole livestock aspect to this game is disappointing, to be honest, they should remove the 'simulator' bit
bojanh66

Re: fs15 was better when it come to .......

Post by bojanh66 »

Welcome to the club mate.
You should post that here, we already have disappointing thread about FS 19.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=130049
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I think your being a bit ridiculous considering the fs15 pic is is a discbine which throws grass into a windrow vs your 19 shot which is a mower and doesn’t. Plus the 15 shot looks like your cutting a green blob into neat rows of green blob.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

😄
Ignorance is bliss
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

You are correct that in the images, 15 looked better than 19. However, Mwal has a good point that the equipment being used does not treat the grass the same way, and the end results are different.

Another thing 15 did better is Great Demands. Just my opinion, to avoid the inevitable.....
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Why don’t you like the great demand out of curiosity?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

They just don't seem as exciting as they used to be.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Now ted the grass in FS15 and see if you still think it’s more realistic than 19...

In 15 the grass windrow was a mere texture layer ( same as fert or lime layer in FS19). In 19 the grass is actually heaps (voxels). Therefore, it’s appearance may looked more real in 15 but how it reacts with the environment definitely isn’t
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:07 pm They just don't seem as exciting as they used to be.
I agree on the great demands. I never played 15, I started on 17 and I use to get excited about great demands. In 19 most of the time, great demands just meant lower prices. In 17 the price always went up. When I see a great demand in 19 I always ignore it and sell at the highest dollar.
Last edited by Electsilver8 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Procobator wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:10 pm Now ted the grass in FS15 and see if you still think it’s more realistic than 19...

In 15 the grass windrow was a mere texture layer ( same as fert or lime layer in FS19). In 19 the grass is actually heaps (voxels). Therefore, it’s appearance may looked more real in 15 but how it reacts with the environment definitely isn’t
Wouldn't it be better if we had both? :biggrin2:

Really neither 15, 17 or 19 is good enough.

I agree it's nice to have grass reacting to it's environment, but it's about time GIANTs actually made it look like grass instead of the green blob trails we get now.

Same goes for hay and straw.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
kevthedev

About this grass on fs 19

Post by kevthedev »

The grass textures on fs 15 are much closer to reality than fs 19.
Iv played both in the last 30 mins to try and prove to myself that im wrong but iv failed.

If you have worked on a farm cutting silage you will know what i mean.

Is there any way to make the grass longer and thicker? look at the spaces in the rows there. The field was ploughed, sprayed with lime and fertilised.

fs 15

fs 15

the real world
BulletBill

Re: About this grass on fs 19

Post by BulletBill »

There is a mod in Fs17 that adjusts the volume of the windrows.

It was called "BetterScales" or something close to that.

We use an edited version on our server and have adjusted the windrow heights and volume for grass, hay and straw, so they have different appearances.

I think the main issue for me is that the material (voxels) that is used for tipped material is fine for grains. But for windrows it is too smooth. Straw particularly has stuff sticking out all over the place.

I showed my Dad Farm Sim and he said "why is the grain coming out the back of the combine for".

I said "thats straw Dad".

He just shook his head and said something about game devs needing to get out of there office and go look at an actual field of straw. (Bearing in mind my father has farmed for roughly 60 of his 68 years)
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Yes, it would be great to have both.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You literally made a second topic about this? lol
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

I forgot about the better scales mod. I miss that mod so much now that ive been reminded of it lol