Pig reproduction in Seasons

Perbjorkhem

Pig reproduction in Seasons

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Hi fellow farmers.

I am trying to understand the reproduction of the animals in Season.

If I have 20 pigs will more of them get piglets than if I had 10 pigs?

Thanks.
Phigo

Re: Pig reproduction in Seasons

Post by Phigo »

They all will get piglets. Not the same time but after a while they (the two female breeds) all will. And the piglets will after they became fertile get new piglets. They are acting like rabbits. Keep an eye on your pig-pen. It will be maxed out almost emediately...
PS4 und PC
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Thanks. Good to hear. What do you mean by the "female breeds"? Aren't all female?
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

When you purchase from the dealer you only purchase female pigs but when they reproduce You will get some male piglets. I just did a season with 1 pig to see how many it would reproduce and i got 10 piglets from 1 pig during each birthing. That 1 pig gave me 20 piglets in 1 season
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Perbjorkhem wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 pm Thanks. Good to hear. What do you mean by the "female breeds"? Aren't all female?
Two of the breeds are female for breeding and two are male for fattening
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Angryfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 pm When you purchase from the dealer you only purchase female pigs but when they reproduce You will get some male piglets. I just did a season with 1 pig to see how many it would reproduce and i got 10 piglets from 1 pig during each birthing. That 1 pig gave me 20 piglets in 1 season
Wow! That sounds fantastic.
Thanks.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Perbjorkhem wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 am
Angryfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 pm When you purchase from the dealer you only purchase female pigs but when they reproduce You will get some male piglets. I just did a season with 1 pig to see how many it would reproduce and i got 10 piglets from 1 pig during each birthing. That 1 pig gave me 20 piglets in 1 season
Wow! That sounds fantastic.
Thanks.
I had a couple more give birth now and it seems to be between 6 to 10 piglets each birthing.