Mod Ideas..?

Barrcott

Re: Mod Ideas..?

Post by Barrcott »

Massey5713 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:48 pm
Oh sorry, my bad, its the FL6, the F12 we use for moving grain and such, I mix them up 😖
FL6 good little bus, although we had an FS 6 , supercharged 250 at work a few years back now that was proper pokey , we also had the FS7 good puller but went through turbo units like they were going out of fashion 🤔
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

Yeah, I enjoy the smaller trucks in game. But does anyone know if it comes more smaller tractors and potatoe-equipment to console? Like the Ford and the Renault Daggerwin uses in his youtube-videoes?
Farming in Norway when the weather allows,
farming in FS19 when the wife allows *thumbsup*

Ps4
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Giants don't have the license for Ford or Renault.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:46 am Giants don't have the license for Ford or Renault.
Oh what a shame.. Grew up with a Ford 5610, from the 80’s on our farm, with the gear-sticks mounted under the steeringwheel. Miss that tractor sometimes.

But what about David Brown?

Really hope they release more potatoe-tech, the equipment is a bit big on the basegame for my current playstyle...

Ps4
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Licence or not. We've got a ford transit under the lizard name & a scania 2/3 series truck under the lizard name do it can't be that hard , we've even had john Deere under a Lizard name , as for David Brown I think Case own all the intellectual rights for DB tractors , after all we've got the 1455xl anyway & 72** series of tractors of course
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I was just looking at the mod hub, it's interesting that certain categories have very little to nothing in them regarding mods. what does that say about the actual feature in game?

take sugar cane for example. big new feature for FS17 platinum. two years later mod category for sugarcane tech is empty

Cotton big new feature for FS19... cotton tech category has 1 mod

Potato tech has 4
Beet tech has 3

Anyways.. mods I'd like to see
Big M 500 mower
forage and chips silo
case ecolo-till ( various sizes? )
spectacle island like map ( start with few fields, lots of forest, build up farm from there)
seasons on grizzly mountain
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

Crazof wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm I was just looking at the mod hub, it's interesting that certain categories have very little to nothing in them regarding mods. what does that say about the actual feature in game?

take sugar cane for example. big new feature for FS17 platinum. two years later mod category for sugarcane tech is empty

Potato tech has 4
Beet tech has 3

Big M 500 mower
forage and chips silo
spectacle island like map ( start with few fields, lots of forest, build up farm from there)

And for ps4 gamers, potato tech has only 3, missing the agromet-pioner.. 😣

Ps4
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Crazof wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm I was just looking at the mod hub, it's interesting that certain categories have very little to nothing in them regarding mods. what does that say about the actual feature in game?

Potato tech has 4
Beet tech has 3

Big M 500 mower
forage and chips silo
Most people dont really know much about sugarcane harvesting or have no interest. If people kept asking then maybem
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Giants needs to look at pure farming what focuses more on different forms off farming all in one game. They gave us wine vines and other orchards.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The problem with grapes and things is that they're not the staple or universal crops, so a lot of people won't be interested in them.

Going back to FS17's Platinum DLC, I wonder how many actually bought it for the sugar cane and how many have used it since? I didn't buy it and I don't think I know anyone who did.

Sure the map (well the buildings) looked superb, but the problem with sugar cane was that it looked so tedious, cumbersome and frankly boring (even with the biggest and most expensive equipment) that I wouldn't want to do it. But GIANTS probably spent considerable development time on it and maybe hundreds of thousands of Euros creating and marketing it. Was it worth it? Probably only they and Focus know that. The same goes for any 'side work' (non-staple or common) really.

The trick is finding enough fresh aspects to give the game variation whilst also ensuring those aspects are interesting and enjoyable. Something I personally don't think grapes would be.

This is why it took a group of inspired modders to create Seasons and why GIANTS never introduced it in a previous game. Much of the year is fairly barren in FS with little to do, so if a seasonal aspect is to make it into FS21 or a future game, then GIANTS will need to flesh out the game with more extensive and varied winter and spring work while keeping it interesting. Given maps are based on locales that's not a task I envy.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 am The problem with grapes and things is that they're not the staple or universal crops, so a lot of people won't be interested in them.

Going back to FS17's Platinum DLC, I wonder how many actually bought it for the sugar cane and how many have used it since? I didn't buy it and I don't think I know anyone who did.

Sure the map (well the buildings) looked superb, but the problem with sugar cane was that it looked so tedious, cumbersome and frankly boring (even with the biggest and most expensive equipment) that I wouldn't want to do it. But GIANTS probably spent considerable development time on it and maybe hundreds of thousands of Euros creating and marketing it. Was it worth it? Probably only they and Focus know that. The same goes for any 'side work' (non-staple or common) really.

The trick is finding enough fresh aspects to give the game variation whilst also ensuring those aspects are interesting and enjoyable. Something I personally don't think grapes would be.

This is why it took a group of inspired modders to create Seasons and why GIANTS never introduced it in a previous game. Much of the year is fairly barren in FS with little to do, so if a seasonal aspect is to make it into FS21 or a future game, then GIANTS will need to flesh out the game with more extensive and varied winter and spring work while keeping it interesting. Given maps are based on locales that's not a task I envy.
Fs is a series based on a lot of european players also a lot off german players so thats why i think branching of in to orchards is a good idea. They can also expand to more rootcrops or cabbages.
The big problem with sugarcane is that you need to put the harvester on a worker or the tractor on follow me to make it work with a big trailer. That is something that cotton doesn’t suffer from so thats why its more used than the sugarcane. And also sugarcane is mostly grown in southern america and don’t know how big the playerbase is there.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

You do realise we have orchards in Europe, right? Including Germany (for the record GIANTS aren't a German company).

I agree regarding rootcrops, though I think a bit more focus on the current rootcrops before expanding them further. The issue with that is that it again requires unique and detailed vehicles for different rootcrops. That's a lot of focus for a limited selection of work.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:00 pm You do realise we have orchards in Europe, right?
I live in europe so i realise we have orchards in europe. Like in america around the hotter states they also have a lot off grapes hence their wine production
kintino

Post by kintino »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 am The problem with grapes and things is that they're not the staple or universal crops, so a lot of people won't be interested in them.

It is even understandable that many do not like FS17 Platinum DLC due to the region it is based on, sugar is mainly grown in South America and is also widely used for silage and cattle feed including many producers make bales from cane straw .

I always see players growing sugar cane in at least one of their fields, but I don't see anyone growing sugar beet :lol: , that kind of crop doesn't really grow here.
239amg

Post by 239amg »

Auto stacking Bale Barn. Or hayloft. Pull your trailer to the trigger, bales unload and stack in barn..? I love stacking hay and playing with my loaders. But I bale so much hay/straw at loneoak for my cows the game says I have reached my limit and I have to sell some to make more. That’s a lot of hay to stack... I know I could just keep it in loose straw, but it’s a lot easier flying down the lines with my high density bailer then my loading wagon.