Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

bluecoller81

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by bluecoller81 »

Florish wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:04 pm
bombom677 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:32 pm
eric21 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm Problem is there isn't many American modders
Actually you'd be surprised, there's quite a few only thing is is that they're all using Facebook to show off/share their mods.

NEFG for example, was trying to release his mods onto mod hub, and he repeatedly got denied. His Small frame Case Magnum 2011 kept getting denied because according to Giants it was the same as a Magnum already on mod hub. He kept either getting ignored or given poor excuses then finally when someone bothered to actually check the model, they told him it was too high of a poly count yet I believe he said it's actually under the limit. He eventually just gave up and released what he had done onto his Facebook page.

There's a few other groups that had the same issue, didn't bother trying to upload the mod hub anymore after various failed attempts to get anything approved. Many of them complained about their mods not getting approved for being too similar to something already uploaded despite the vast differences.
That is just one end if the story, can just be made up by them just to make them look good.and giants not. But lets not get this spoken of over and over again, has been discussed many times before
But yet it seems to be happening quite often and we as consumers are noticing it. Makes you think. Look at ravenport and how it's represented,with the trash and overall look on the map. Look at all the basically identical implements and vehicles that are EUR in design/origin. Then watch how American style mods are seeming to be treated.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Väderstad Carrier pack, sweet!

Addendum:

Where do these modders get their models from?
From both Väderstad Carrier mods we have now are the axels of the wheels out of center.

Ignorance is bliss
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

bluecoller81 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:47 pm
But yet it seems to be happening quite often and we as consumers are noticing it. Makes you think. Look at ravenport and how it's represented,with the trash and overall look on the map. Look at all the basically identical implements and vehicles that are EUR in design/origin. Then watch how American style mods are seeming to be treated.
I know right? They hate us Americans. From now on, when I start the game, And the Giants and Focus logos come on the screen, I'm going to sing the Star Spangled Banner as loud as I can! They'll get the message.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

That’ll teach ’em!

🤣
Ignorance is bliss
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Dont hate me, but sometimes I wonder if the NA/US style modders that were planning to start releasing mods on consoles for FS19 ever bothered to figure out the requirements.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Agreed most of the modders that bring in American equipment now weren't interested in console mods in fs17, not many North American mods came to console in fs17.

Withings regards to Ravenport, it seems many Americans dont know how other states operate or look like. Look at California they have huge fields but everyone seems to focus the mid west, yes they have huge fields and whatnot. If you look the Eastern seaboard around New York and other states they have smaller fields. Before anyone says "America has large equipment or fields" Truth is America is so diverse and it isnt just about you or what you seen in your own state
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:12 pm Agreed most of the modders that bring in American equipment now weren't interested in console mods in fs17, not many North American mods came to console in fs17.

Withings regards to Ravenport, it seems many Americans dont know how other states operate or look like. Look at California they have huge fields but everyone seems to focus the mid west, yes they have huge fields and whatnot. If you look the Eastern seaboard around New York and other states they have smaller fields. Before anyone says "America has large equipment or fields" Truth is America is so diverse and it isnt just about you or what you seen in your own state
^truth.

If it wasn't for the road markings and style of buildings, Marwell Manor Farm "based" in the UK could easily be a farm in my area of Pennsylvania/Ohio.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

I noticed some negative tendencies in modders from US. In particular, the map makers. Show me one,real US map that is fully finished, without thousand of bugs/log errors. I spend 4 years in 24 days season on Welkers Farm Map. Because "WFM" is just fkn rare. Still need some cosmetics changes but (imo) there is no other option to play and feel the US atmosphere. Lone Oak, great map but i know who made it and BulletBill have this uniqe style so for me its just another map from UK. I just cant feel imersion. Anyone remember Rolling Hills? I was so hyped because there wasn't a thousand unnecessary things, not overcrowded with details. But modder just leave this map unfinished... RIP dreams. I know if I want to play on the US map with the right atmosphere, this map must be "Made in USA" because how people like me (from EU), can put heart into it, when I never been in the US?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

People from the uk can make a map from a real life area in the us. Lancyboi is about with stone ranch. Dahl ranch is a good us map representation of south Dakota. Maybe you need to open your mind up a bit and not be so negative
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'll agree it seems US style mods take a back burner to getting approved or released. There might good explanation to it I don't know, but i hope it changes. I can't understand why US mods take more poly count or detail than the EU? Not much in changes yet I do not mod so I'm in the dark. Fingers crossed it gets better
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
fernand24

Post by fernand24 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:29 pm So after a few slow weeks from testers taking time off with vacations and stuff, there are tons of things in testing and still 158 in waiting. WOW!

Here is a Link- Click Here to the Mods currently in testing thread.

Items of note that caught my eye today on console because that's what I'm on.

- Amazone Cayron 200
I love Amazone plows. I don't know why, so I'm pumped to see this coming.

-Kuhn Profile 1880
Another cool feed mixing wagon.

-Fendt Vario 900 S5
The updated 900 is coming to Console.

-Metaltech PP 20
A more euro looking auger wagon. I need one for Marwell, so I hope this passes.

-International Harvester 33 series
I liked this at first when I seen it in the Mod Contest, although I though maybe it lacked some detail. But I can't wait to try it on Console as I'm finding a lot of things that may look "off" on youtube looks better once I play it.
Fernand 24 est un joueur sur "PC Gamer" *thumbsup*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUI0le ... subscriber
fernand24

Post by fernand24 »

Désolé c'est une erreur de manip.
Fernand 24 est un joueur sur "PC Gamer" *thumbsup*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUI0le ... subscriber
eric21

Post by eric21 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:18 am I'll agree it seems US style mods take a back burner to getting approved or released. There might good explanation to it I don't know, but i hope it changes. I can't understand why US mods take more poly count or detail than the EU? Not much in changes yet I do not mod so I'm in the dark. Fingers crossed it gets better
You can tell the difference between some mods. Custom moldings uses alot of detail to thier mods which increases the poly count. Where as Steenkamps uses the basic changes without changing the poly somewhat. Pretty straightforward.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

fernand24 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 am Désolé c'est une erreur de manip.
Tja, als we nou allemaal in onze eigen taal gaan praten...
Ignorance is bliss
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

For all the complaining about us style modders in the last couple of pages I would like everyone to remember there are bugs and errors in the base game too that will never be fixed. People have been here complaining since close to release about some pieces of equipment being impossible to fuel for one. I’m just unsure to why everybody will complain about a half a** job a modder is doing in their FREE TIME but than defend Giants who is making the actual money.