Ballydorn Farm

cwattyeso

Re: Ballydorn Farm

Post by cwattyeso »

Spent a good part of today, adjusting the map and uploading it to my server ready to replace Greenwich Valley. Went round did some field changes with the Easy Dev Command mod, so when players hop on fields are at different states, have different crops. Some of the grass fields I've turned back into regular crop fields. I notice on all these Irish maps there seems to be an obsession to have 75% grass fields with only a handful of normal fields. Not sure if the Irish only like mowing or not in real life, but in Farm Simulator I'd sooner have regular fields. Used the Terrain Tool to remove Field 11 and add a little placeable area for seed/fertiliser/liquid fertiliser and herbicide storage tanks and some Global Company Mods. Thought it was all going too smoothly and just discovered the map doesn't have paintable grass to tidy up some areas around the map in the terrain tools. So I'll need to do another personal edit and tweak to the map and upload it again to my server.

Also when I was in the Editor having a play around with the map (Mostly removing those HedgeTreeLarge5 decoration groups which put trees buried below the map on many field edges) a lot of the fields in the editor show the "AllowedFieldMission" and "AllowedGrassMission" boxes are not checked. So I'm guessing these fields will not have Contracts on them of any kind.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The abundance of grass fields is due to the fact there are a lot of livestock/dairy farms which require grass for grazing and silage production for the winter months. Not all farms produce cereal crops, some are solely focused on livestock.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm The abundance of grass fields is due to the fact there are a lot of livestock/dairy farms which require grass for grazing and silage production for the winter months. Not all farms produce cereal crops, some are solely focused on livestock.
And being the Western-most, Ireland gets more rain which can be problematic for large scale cereal farming.

Also see https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTKn_ ... dEsUJFEwnQ :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

Just came across this map, must say we'll done, it's very well done, real depth here. I haven't been able to get into fs19 at all. Tried everything until I seen this map.

Real challenging roads, fields etc. The northern Ireland geo works wonders with this aswell. Top job! Cheers
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:17 pm Spent a good part of today, adjusting the map and uploading it to my server ready to replace Greenwich Valley. Went round did some field changes with the Easy Dev Command mod, so when players hop on fields are at different states, have different crops. Some of the grass fields I've turned back into regular crop fields. I notice on all these Irish maps there seems to be an obsession to have 75% grass fields with only a handful of normal fields. Not sure if the Irish only like mowing or not in real life, but in Farm Simulator I'd sooner have regular fields. Used the Terrain Tool to remove Field 11 and add a little placeable area for seed/fertiliser/liquid fertiliser and herbicide storage tanks and some Global Company Mods. Thought it was all going too smoothly and just discovered the map doesn't have paintable grass to tidy up some areas around the map in the terrain tools. So I'll need to do another personal edit and tweak to the map and upload it again to my server.

Also when I was in the Editor having a play around with the map (Mostly removing those HedgeTreeLarge5 decoration groups which put trees buried below the map on many field edges) a lot of the fields in the editor show the "AllowedFieldMission" and "AllowedGrassMission" boxes are not checked. So I'm guessing these fields will not have Contracts on them of any kind.
Any news as to whether all the fields have missions/contracts on them?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:41 pm I was playing Greenwich Valley but the field definitions and sizing are so bad on the map and the lack of contracts on field, mean I need to change the map on my server.
What does this mean, "field definitions and sizing are so bad?" I'm pretty new to FS and am currently playing on Lone Oak, but the videos I saw of Greenwich Valley looked so lovely that I was thinking of trying it next.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:42 am
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:41 pm I was playing Greenwich Valley but the field definitions and sizing are so bad on the map and the lack of contracts on field, mean I need to change the map on my server.
What does this mean, "field definitions and sizing are so bad?" I'm pretty new to FS and am currently playing on Lone Oak, but the videos I saw of Greenwich Valley looked so lovely that I was thinking of trying it next.
The field definitions are a number of awkward parallelograms that define the approximate shape of the fields. These are part of the map and can be a pain to do, especially for realistic shaped fields a you find on Greenwich. They used to be required in FS17 but in FS19 the map-maker can get away with just one square in the middle of the field to hold the field number, or for fields with missions: however some tools, like Field Info and Easy Dev controls, rely on the fieldDefs.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:26 am
jasonbarron wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:42 am
The field definitions are a number of awkward parallelograms that define the approximate shape of the fields. These are part of the map and can be a pain to do, especially for realistic shaped fields a you find on Greenwich. They used to be required in FS17 but in FS19 the map-maker can get away with just one square in the middle of the field to hold the field number, or for fields with missions: however some tools, like Field Info and Easy Dev controls, rely on the fieldDefs.
I still didn't get what the specific problem is as that all went sailing over my head. Can you plant, maintain and harvest them or not?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yes they will work fine for all of that.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:27 pm Yes they will work fine for all of that.
Ok, that's good to hear. I really like the looks of that map from the videos. What IS the complaint, then? I know blue_painted tried to explain it to me but I'm so new to the game concepts that it still went over my head.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If you play the game normally the only issue you'll really have is a lack of contracts. Field info is a mod that tells you info about a field you are standing in, easy dev is a mod that you can use to set fields up without working them. These don't work as the game does not know the size of the individual fields. It's a great map give it a go
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The problems above are specific to the users in question because they want to alter some of the fields to have missions where there are currently none. As the field sizes are not fully defined then that can cause issues with those missions.
If you are just playing the map how the creator has set it up then there are no issues.
Don't let others on here put you off trying a map out yourself, everyone has their own preferences.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Ok, thanks for the explanation you guys. That clears it up.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Sorry for going off on one ... Greenwich is a great map.

It only really matters if you want to jump-start or want lots of contracts.

jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I can certainly understand where a dirth of contracts would be a problem for a new farmer. I'm early on in my own game and I don't know what I'd do for revenue if it were not for other land holders giving me work. Spend less money on equipment when first setting up, I suppose.