Re: Challenge for the PC players from a console player

Post by Noraf »

Treadripper anyone ? 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
wombles

Post by wombles »

Money dictates that question of PC and or console and that's a question only you can answer. I will say FS on PC is a totally different world, but it's an expensive game station that outdates very quickly if you don't go reasonably up the ladder with the build/purchase.

If you had too choose one over the other, console would be the better purchase.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

wombles wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:44 am Money dictates that question of PC and or console and that's a question only you can answer. I will say FS on PC is a totally different world, but it's an expensive game station that outdates very quickly if you don't go reasonably up the ladder with the build/purchase.

If you had too choose one over the other, console would be the better purchase.
I can't agree ... my playing PC is from 2015 for £300 and since then I've bought a new graphics card and a second SSD (both for FS19 it has to be said) and I'm on No.2 cheapo- clone-xbox controller and in that time I've made private edits to adjust maps to my playing style, monkeyed around with vehicles for the same purpose and I've made my own Seasons GEO (two in fact) and had some fun times playing around with Blender ... not got there yet. The other thing ... my PC is totally separate from the family TV, so I'm never in that conflict.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wombles

Post by wombles »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 am I can't agree ... my playing PC is from 2015 for £300 and since then I've bought a new graphics card and a second SSD (both for FS19 it has to be said) and I'm on No.2 cheapo- clone-xbox controller and in that time I've made private edits to adjust maps to my playing style, monkeyed around with vehicles for the same purpose and I've made my own Seasons GEO (two in fact) and had some fun times playing around with Blender ... not got there yet. The other thing ... my PC is totally separate from the family TV, so I'm never in that conflict.
Your playing on your PC from 2015 with a new GPU and SSD hardly the same PC? And we aren't talking about you and your families conflict with the TV :lol: and what can be done on PC. PC is no cheap game station, I've had my console from 2013 still going strong, my PC (2014) has had one major upgrade in that time GPU due another, it was a lot dearer than the console. I've been lucky at that, one of my friends has had too replace his GPU twice and SSD once his PC would been built in and a round the same time as mine.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

wombles wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 pm
Your playing on your PC from 2015 with a new GPU and SSD hardly the same PC?
Sounds like Trigger's broom from only fools and horses :lol:
wombles

Post by wombles »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was just laughing at the same thought, good one Norfolk Farmer.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

wombles wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:22 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was just laughing at the same thought, good one Norfolk Farmer.
I couldn't resist :biggrin2: , no offence meant blue painted.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:28 pm
wombles wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:22 pm

:lol: I was just laughing at the same thought, good one Norfolk Farmer. (Had to snip out some smilies. BP)
I couldn't resist :biggrin2: , no offence meant blue painted.

None taken *thumbsup* :biggrin2:

But seriously(ish) two components have been updated and the case, motherboard, processor, RAM, powers supply, first drive, OS and so on haven't .... that's a long way from Trigger's broom (or Irishman's Knife as I know it) ... and you just try updating *anything* in your 2013 console ...! You don't even need a screwdriver for today's (2015) PCs.

And look how much more fun I get pound for pound ... no waiting for Seasons ... no need to see EU red and white warnings on JD tractors if I don't want to ... no "can't get rid of that buried tree" ... to be completely hyperbolic about it ... Playing on console is like buying half a car; you save half the money but none of it works properly!!

(Not intended to be serious!)

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I didn't come from console to PC but from Mac to PC, the game ran fine on the Mac but Giants editor was not available on Mac.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Don't ignore what your pc case looks like, that's as bad of advice as telling someone to go snap a bull in sack for fun. You have to look at it, don't get something you hate to look at.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm Don't ignore what your pc case looks like, that's as bad of advice as telling someone to go snap a bull in sack for fun. You have to look at it, don't get something you hate to look at.
Mine lives under the desk, out of the way, so I really don't care what it looks like.

humbe

Post by humbe »

I build my own PCs but I'm a computer geek.. I would really recommend people that aren't really into it to buy a complete one, preferrably by some company that offers a warranty. They should have tested that all the hardware works together so you are far less likely to run into issues because you bought memory sticks that your motherboard didn't like the timing of, or a thousand other issues it is possible to run into.

My PC desktop is now 7 years old, and it still runs FS19 on very high settings, and I've even went into the game.xml and made my render distance x5 so I see if there are crops on fields far away. It was well-specced when I built it, but you should be able to get decent performance out of FS19 with a pretty low budget PC today.
wombles

Post by wombles »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:50 pm
But seriously(ish) two components have been updated and the case, motherboard, processor, RAM, powers supply, first drive, OS and so on haven't .... that's a long way from Trigger's broom (or Irishman's Knife as I know it) ... and you just try updating *anything* in your 2013 console ...! You don't even need a screwdriver for today's (2015) PCs.
That's correct the 2013 console is still doing what it was bought for, no need for upgrades. The same can't be said for your today's 2015 PC :wink3: . Your also wrong about not being able to upgrade anything in the console.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

So thank you all for the spirited discussion, but I do have 2 questions, what is a GPU, and what it's SSD? As previously stated, I don't know much and that's why I seek the guidance. To answer some of the questions posed, for graphics, I would want to run the equivalent or better of what I see currently on an xbox one. It's what I'm accustomed to and wouldn't want to step back, but again, the money will be the mother of all deciders. As far as a case is concerned, I'm less worried about aesthetics and more about practicality. I want it to house the necessary hardware and provide room for potential expansion, should I get in to different games later. I know one thing I want to be able to do also is to run that Saitek controller for real feel, so to speak.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

A GPU is a Graphics Processing Unit (one or many tiny computers processing graphics) and a SSD is a Solid State Drive, a disk drive that is memory not physical spinning disc: It's a lot faster.

I don't know what graphics you can get with an XBOX One, so I'll leave that for people with who know.